Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid West Subaru Owners Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #51
Subian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202804
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chitcago, IL
Vehicle:
2002 PSM Sedan
The 2.0L that could

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorDucK View Post
so are we still considering dyno tune?
For the price, id pony up for it. It will make things much more safe and efficient for Mikey. We're still trying to decide a date that works best for both parties.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Subian is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #52
SenorDucK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 327511
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicagoland
Vehicle:
13' WRX 6 Speed
11sec VF52 EL-EWG-E85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subian View Post

For the price, id pony up for it. It will make things much more safe and efficient for Mikey. We're still trying to decide a date that works best for both parties.
alright, I'd also pony up for a dyno rental- which dyno would it be? also both parties? yourself and Mikey or is the rest of the group also discussing? (I'm asking because I figure it may be on Facebook and I don't use it)

EDIT: Also, I'm curious who all is in favor of an extra fiddy for dyno?

Last edited by SenorDucK; 03-10-2013 at 11:44 PM.
SenorDucK is online now  
Old 03-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #53
Sn0wKing
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341560
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: London, UK
Vehicle:
2011 STi
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subian View Post
For the price, id pony up for it. It will make things much more safe and efficient for Mikey. We're still trying to decide a date that works best for both parties.

Keep us posted on the dates, cause if this gets push back a bit more I'll be able to get in on this too.
Sn0wKing is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #54
Subian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202804
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chitcago, IL
Vehicle:
2002 PSM Sedan
The 2.0L that could

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn0wKing View Post
Keep us posted on the dates, cause if this gets push back a bit more I'll be able to get in on this too.
I'm sure this won't be his first nor last trip for tuning to the Chicago area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorDucK View Post
alright, I'd also pony up for a dyno rental- which dyno would it be? also both parties? yourself and Mikey or is the rest of the group also discussing? (I'm asking because I figure it may be on Facebook and I don't use it)

EDIT: Also, I'm curious who all is in favor of an extra fiddy for dyno?
Yes, both parties. Dyno rental will be at Benchmark Tuning in Franklin Park. EVERYONE please get your deposits to Mikey so he can book his flight and save some cash.
Subian is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #55
ibabb11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 83017
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
WRB

Default

I'd pay the extra $50 for Dyno is that's what people would prefer.
ibabb11 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #56
Subian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202804
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chitcago, IL
Vehicle:
2002 PSM Sedan
The 2.0L that could

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabb11 View Post
I'd pay the extra $50 for Dyno is that's what people would prefer.
Yeah, I think most if not all the people who are confirmed are going this route. I'm going to even pay $50 get my car touched up on the dyno as well.
Subian is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #57
Subian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202804
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chitcago, IL
Vehicle:
2002 PSM Sedan
The 2.0L that could

Default

For those who haven't paid their deposit yet, try to get it to Mikey by the end of the week so he can book his flight. Each day that passes, the ticket prices go up for him.
Subian is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #58
ibabb11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 83017
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subian View Post
For those who haven't paid their deposit yet, try to get it to Mikey by the end of the week so he can book his flight. Each day that passes, the ticket prices go up for him.
Sent payment yesterday
ibabb11 is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #59
SenorDucK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 327511
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicagoland
Vehicle:
13' WRX 6 Speed
11sec VF52 EL-EWG-E85

Default

also sent deposit!
SenorDucK is online now  
Old 03-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #60
Subian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202804
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chitcago, IL
Vehicle:
2002 PSM Sedan
The 2.0L that could

Default

The confirmed date by both parties will be April 28th (Sunday) At Proformance Speed Shop in Franklin Park, IL.

http://goo.gl/maps/X4NT0

Tuning will start at 10am sharp......

Dyno Tune:

Senior Duck(10am)
ibabb11(12pm)
04subielover(2pm)
Dan07wrx(4pm)
Chefo.Soriano(6pm)
Myself(??)

Road Tune:
????

People who want a road tune should plan on getting tuned the night before the dyno tuning day. PM me for details....

Last edited by Subian; 03-20-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Subian is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #61
Subian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202804
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chitcago, IL
Vehicle:
2002 PSM Sedan
The 2.0L that could

Default

Can't wait for Mikey to put down some numbers on this dyno.


Is it the end of April yet?
Subian is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #62
ibabb11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 83017
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
WRB

Default

Hell yeah, can't wait.
ibabb11 is offline  
Old 03-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #63
Dan07WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 154374
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Illinois
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Sedan Prem
Satin White Pearl

Default

going to send my deposit shortly!
Dan07WRX is offline  
Old 03-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #64
Subian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202804
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chitcago, IL
Vehicle:
2002 PSM Sedan
The 2.0L that could

Default

Still waiting for deposits from:

AlanSubie

Last edited by Subian; 03-18-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Subian is offline  
Old 03-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #65
WhatTurboLag?
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 243992
Join Date: Apr 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Morton Grove, Illinois
Vehicle:
2006 WRX TR
WRB

Default

well ****. I have moneys to get my car tuned (im on the list to have my car touched up/finished). but I have no reason to get it tuned since I have no new stuff
WhatTurboLag? is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #66
SenorDucK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 327511
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicagoland
Vehicle:
13' WRX 6 Speed
11sec VF52 EL-EWG-E85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTurboLag? View Post
well ****. I have moneys to get my car tuned (im on the list to have my car touched up/finished). but I have no reason to get it tuned since I have no new stuff
get new stuff!
SenorDucK is online now  
Old 03-17-2013, 01:18 AM   #67
masayver
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 176021
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago, IL
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
Lighting Red

Default

Is 5 the max that can be tuned on the dyno for the day?
masayver is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #68
Subian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202804
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chitcago, IL
Vehicle:
2002 PSM Sedan
The 2.0L that could

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTurboLag? View Post
well ****. I have moneys to get my car tuned (im on the list to have my car touched up/finished). but I have no reason to get it tuned since I have no new stuff
Talk to Mikey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masayver View Post
Is 5 the max that can be tuned on the dyno for the day?
He's going to spend roughly two hours on each car, I don't want to take up more of the shop's time than I have to at $50/car. They're barely making any money on this tuning day.
Subian is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #69
masayver
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 176021
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago, IL
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
Lighting Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subian View Post
He's going to spend roughly two hours on each car, I don't want to take up more of the shop's time than I have to at $50/car. They're barely making any money on this tuning day.
Makes sense, just wanted to double check...I saw this thread a little too late. Thanks.
masayver is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #70
SenorDucK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 327511
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicagoland
Vehicle:
13' WRX 6 Speed
11sec VF52 EL-EWG-E85

Default

maybe start a line in case someone backs out, as it is we're still waiting on two deposits aren't we?
SenorDucK is online now  
Old 03-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #71
Subian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202804
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chitcago, IL
Vehicle:
2002 PSM Sedan
The 2.0L that could

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorDucK View Post
maybe start a line in case someone backs out, as it is we're still waiting on two deposits aren't we?
To my knowledge, we're just waiting on "AlanSubie", 04subiewrx paid his deposit I think. That's what he told me on facebook anyway, he doesn't log into Nasioc often.
Subian is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #72
Subian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202804
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chitcago, IL
Vehicle:
2002 PSM Sedan
The 2.0L that could

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by masayver View Post
Makes sense, just wanted to double check...I saw this thread a little too late. Thanks.
Masao, depending on his "schedule" that day, he might have room for some road tunes at the end of the night. Not sure how long it will take really per car. He'll probably only need about 30 minutes with my car on the dyno to clean up some fueling. This guy usually works til the early morning when it comes to tuning.

EDIT:
It looks like we have more interest in people dyno tuning than road tuning.

Last edited by Subian; 03-18-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Subian is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #73
masayver
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 176021
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago, IL
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
Lighting Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subian View Post
Masao, depending on his "schedule" that day, he might have room for some road tunes at the end of the night. Not sure how long it will take really per car. He'll probably only need about 30 minutes with my car on the dyno to clean up some fueling. This guy usually works til the early morning when it comes to tuning.

EDIT:
It looks like we have more interest in people dyno tuning than road tuning.
It's cool. I'm getting an e-tune from TP so I'll run that for a while and look for another pro dyno tuning opportunity later this year or next.
masayver is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #74
Subian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202804
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chitcago, IL
Vehicle:
2002 PSM Sedan
The 2.0L that could

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by masayver View Post
It's cool. I'm getting an e-tune from TP so I'll run that for a while and look for another pro dyno tuning opportunity later this year or next.
Masao, just spoke to Mikey, he's ill with the flu, so i'm speaking on his behalf:

If anyone is interested in doing a road tune with Mikey Saturday night(April 27th), please let me know.........

Last edited by Subian; 03-19-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Subian is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #75
Subian
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202804
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chitcago, IL
Vehicle:
2002 PSM Sedan
The 2.0L that could

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subian View Post
The confirmed date by both parties will be April 28th (Sunday) At Proformance Speed Shop in Franklin Park, IL.

http://goo.gl/maps/X4NT0

Tuning will start at 10am sharp......

Dyno Tune:

Senior Duck(10am)
ibabb11(12pm)
04subielover(2pm)
Dan07wrx(4pm)
Chefo.Soriano(6pm)
Myself(??)

Road Tune:
????
Just to let everyone know about the dyno tuning schedule. Nobody has confirmed with me that they want to get a road tune. Mikey is looking at doing a couple of cars the night before if anyone is interested.
Subian is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.