|03-14-2013, 02:29 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Bluebonnet Brewoff 2013
Anybody in the DFW area attending this year? I didn't get much of a response a year ago when I posted, guess there aren't too many homebrewers hanging around the TXIC forums..any other beer geeks are probably attending the event on April 6 (don't blame you, I would if I could!) but the Bluebonnet Brewoff is homebrew centric so if I have to pick one, it's the one.
Anyway, if you are interested here's the low-down. Like last year our club (Yeastie Boys) will be pouring beers during the homebrew tasting and we're riding the Dallas 2 pub crawl route. If you're going to be there hit me up or come find us!
Welcome to the 27th Bluebonnet Brew-off.
This years event will be held at the Westin DFW North, located at W. John Carpenter Freeway, in Irving TX. For reservations call 888–627-8617 and ask for the Bluebonnet Brew-off rate, which is $94 per night. You can also make your reservations online at BLUEBONNET BREW-OFF.
We will have the same format for Friday's actiities and keynote speaker as last year- hors d'oeuvres and everyone registered is welcome to attend. The cost for this is now included in the basic registration fee.
The 2013 Bluebonnet Brewoff will again have our famous Pub Crawl with participants driven by bus to pubs of the route directors choice. Sign up on-line for the Pub Crawl with event registration. We expect everyone will have a great time and enjoy the Pub Crawl outing. Pub stops for each route will be published
Our annual 'Room Crawl' will again show the excitement each club can bring with their own style. The 'Room Crawl' will start after the Tasting Glass Evaluation Clinic Friday night.
I look forward to meeting each of you, and hope everyone has a great time at the 2013 Bluebonnet Brew-off.
If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bluebonnet Brew-off Location
Westin DFW Airport
4545 W. John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, TX 75063
Bluebonnet Brew-off Event Tentative Schedule
January 20, 2013 - February 17, 2013
• Accepting Entries - Cost $8 per Entry
• Online entry is NOW OPEN
March 2 & 3, 2013
• First Round Judging
March 9 & 10, 2013
• First Round Judging
Friday, March 22, 2013
• 1:00 pm Registration Desk Opens
• 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm Bluebonnet Hospitality Suite open
• 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm Second Round Judging - 1st Session
• 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm Hors d'oeuvres and Keynote Speaker
• 8:00 pm - 10:30 Tasting Glass Evaluation Clinic
• 10:30 pm - 2:00am Room Crawl
Saturday, March 23, 2013
• 8:00 am Participant Registration and Judging Check-in
• 9:00 am - 11:00 am Technical Conference
• 11:00 am - 2:00 pm Second Round Judging - 2nd Session if needed
• 12:00 - 8:00 pm Bluebonnet Hospitality Suite open
• 11:59 pm - 5:30 pm PUB CRAWL!
• 6:00 pm - 12:00 am Awards Ceremony and Raffle
• note: Scoresheets available immediately following ceremony
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.