Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #201
kevin85193
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 145900
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: east brunswick, nj
Vehicle:
2003 16gxt wagon
silver

Default

What do I need for a 09 sti trans swap into a 03 wrx wagon.
Someone is selling 09 STI 6 speed transmission, Differential, axels, hubs, slave cylinder, flywheel, clutch.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kevin85193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #202
chrisp0192
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350191
Join Date: Mar 2013
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Sonic yellow

Default nice.

this was a huge help, it answer alot of questions i had and clear somethings up as well.

Thanks for putting your time into this one.
chrisp0192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #203
Freddygapex89
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 351815
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default 03 Wrx looking to swap Sti tranny

I'd like to swap an Sti tranny into my 03 Wrx with a Sti swap from 06 what tranny can I do this with and do it as simple as possible I found one on eBay but I want the swap to he unbolt and rebolt what year tranny do I need parts exc.please hell
Freddygapex89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #204
optikul81
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 248698
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
Blue

Default

So I am starting my six speed swap and just have a few things that I am confused about. First here is the parts list:

2005 Subaru Baja Turbo (4EAT)
2005 STI 6 Speed Transmission
6mt Transmission Mount + Brace
6mt Slave cylinder
6mt Clutch + Flywheel
6mt R180 Rear Diff 3.90
6mt Factory Short Shifter assembly

From reading this post and a bunch of others you can supposedly use a WRX 4EAT drive shaft correct? Since this is a Baja I am planning to reuse my auto drive shaft.

My main question is the axles...I dont want to swap my hubs/rotors/brakes. So i'm assuming I need to do the Hybrid axles with the new races.. i dont have the link handy but I found it on this forum.

Can I use my 4EAT starter with the 05 6mt Transmission?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited by optikul81; 04-25-2013 at 07:54 AM.
optikul81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #205
WRXfool83
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300988
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: okinawa japan
Vehicle:
1998 WRX LTD RA
blue

Default

will a 6speed clutch bolt onto a 2.0l flywheel. what i'm asking is dose it matter the fly wheel or will both 6 and 5 speed clutches bolt up to the same flywheel?
WRXfool83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #206
prochucker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21038
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Jacksonville, FL JMS #12
Vehicle:
05 STi CGM
08 WRX 5D SSM

Subaru Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXfool83 View Post
will a 6speed clutch bolt onto a 2.0l flywheel. what i'm asking is dose it matter the fly wheel or will both 6 and 5 speed clutches bolt up to the same flywheel?
I don't think it works that way, but I believe that the clutch/flywheel set is interchangeable. Meaning a 5 speed clutch and flywheel or a 6 speed clutch and flywheel will work with either tranny. I think the spline on each tranny is the same. If I'm wrong someone will pipe up.
prochucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #207
DCCDPro
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 227549
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Default

Just to mention that we do not go with the spiider name anymore for our DCCD controller and prefer to be called dccdpro. Just as a reference for others if they are interested to do a similar swap or can't find that name on the web.
DCCDPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #208
theo79
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 159621
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Camp Pendleton, CA
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - WRB
JDM v7 Spec C drivetrain

Default 07 JDM Sti (V9) transmission into a USDM 02 wrx

Question about swapping 07 JDM Sti (V9) transmission into a USDM 02 wrx.

Referencing page 4:
USDM
3.454 / 1.947 / 1.366 / 0.972 / 0.738 / 3.900FD - '02-'05 USDM WRX

All-Wheel-Drive 6-speed Transmissions
3.636 / 2.375 / 1.761 / 1.346 / 1.062 / 0.842 / 3.900FD
- JDM Impreza WRX Spec C/STi/STi Spec C RA/V-Limted/S202/S203/S204/Spec C RA-R

02 USDM wrx and JDM s204 (v9 aka 06-07) have the same 3.54 thus allowing me to keep the stock rear diff.

Parts needed for this swap are:
-Transmission- trans code TY856WB6KA
-Automatic driveshaft from impreza 98-07 OR yolk from a wrx with an sti driveshaft
-DCCD Pro
-07 sti slave cylinder- not needed
-07 Sti clutchfork
-07 sti linkage
-07 sti shifter + assembly
-04 sti Front Axle stubs
-04 sti oil seals
-04 sti circlips
-Re use 02 wrx clutch and flywheel since it is brand new and has less than 10 miles on it. Wait until it goes
Please help me out here, I understand the swap has been done before, but I haven't been able to find any specific information about swapping JDM to USDM. I am also concerned about harnesses matching up from JDM to USDM

Please note that all 04 sti parts will be USDM version, not sure if that matters or not.

Thanks

Last edited by theo79; 06-22-2013 at 05:47 PM.
theo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #209
DCCDPro
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 227549
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Default Spiider is now DCCDPro

Just for those who might be interested in an aftermarket DCCD controller, our product is called DCCDPro Universal Controller and if you are interested to read more about the latest version of the product and the features available you can have a look at this link on our website:

dccdpro.com/zcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_ id=2

Kind regards,
-Jeff Reid
DCCDPRO INC

Last edited by DCCDPro; 06-23-2013 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Removing redundant info.
DCCDPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #210
nimrod8560
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 274267
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: The Hoosier State
Vehicle:
2004 FXT
1992 SVX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCDPro View Post
Just for those who might be interested in an aftermarket DCCD controller, our product is called DCCDPro Universal Controller and if you are interested to read more about the latest version of the product and the features available you can have a look at this link on our website:

dccdpro.com/zcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_ id=2

Kind regards,
-Jeff Reid
DCCDPRO INC
You guys need to do a group buy on them here!
nimrod8560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #211
PigWagon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 360961
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default

hey quick question, I have a 2002 subaru wrx some work done too it not too sure what (literally just got it) all I know is it has a lot of cobb tuning parts including downpipe heat shield those are the two I know off the top of my head but I know there's some decent work done to it, only problem, ITS AUTOMATIC. I prefer auto to manual in the past but with this car I feel like it being automatic is so lame. Plus, the transmission has roughly 140k miles on it so my question is....
Should I do a trans swap (to manual)
-What would I need
-How much would It cost
-If I can't figure it out myself what kind of shop would do it.

thanks.
PigWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #212
AlbanianImpreza
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 38506
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate, NY
Vehicle:
2000 NEW hotness RSC
SRP SON!

Default

to do a 6spd swap? exactly what he said, plus new pedal box for clutch, with lines master and slave cylinder and lines. pricing you need to find out for yourself. it varies. could be 3grand to 7 grand. if you cant figure it out yourself. dont do it.
AlbanianImpreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #213
PigWagon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 360961
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default

Ok thanks
PigWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #214
prochucker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21038
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Jacksonville, FL JMS #12
Vehicle:
05 STi CGM
08 WRX 5D SSM

Subaru Stars

Right, if you can't figure it out, don't do it.
Wrong. If you can find someone that can figure it out, or help you, DO IT.
You don't list where you are in your profile that shows up with your screen name. That is important information when asking if we know of someone to help you. In Jacksonville Florida, I could point you to several people that can get it all done for you for the right price.
prochucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #215
Taskarnin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 363737
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default 2002 5 mt outback spec B swap?

I've been reading through this thread and there's a lot of great information. I'm new to subaru swapping, however I have rebuilt a 2.5L dohc engine in a 98 legacy outback. (Know enough about wrenching to get in trouble!) That being said I can follow a repair manual!

Notes on my wagon: 2002 5mt wagon, EJ25 SOHC engine

I know that I should (?? correct me if I'm wrong) be able to do a full STI swap into my outback wagon (transmission, rear diff, engine, wiring harness, ecu?) as outlined in the original post (correct me if I'm wrong here, still figuring out details/doing research).

However I've been having a lot of trouble figuring out if I can swap in a Spec B setup (I would like the longer gear ratios, as I want this to be a stock swap, DD trollol wagon). Can anyone help me out on this? At the very least I was expecting: Front undercarriage (engine mount, transmission mounts, steering track, maybe control arms?), rear undercarriage (Rear diff mounts, hubs, knuckles/suspension), and of course transmission/motor/flywheel, internal clutch linkages. (My current motor has 241K on it... not sure if I'd want to re-use it even if I could).

Thanks in advance for your help! Still in early planning/list phase.
Taskarnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #216
prochucker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21038
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Jacksonville, FL JMS #12
Vehicle:
05 STi CGM
08 WRX 5D SSM

Subaru Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskarnin View Post
I've been reading through this thread and there's a lot of great information. I'm new to subaru swapping, however I have rebuilt a 2.5L dohc engine in a 98 legacy outback. (Know enough about wrenching to get in trouble!) That being said I can follow a repair manual!

Notes on my wagon: 2002 5mt wagon, EJ25 SOHC engine

I know that I should (?? correct me if I'm wrong) be able to do a full STI swap into my outback wagon (transmission, rear diff, engine, wiring harness, ecu?) as outlined in the original post (correct me if I'm wrong here, still figuring out details/doing research).

However I've been having a lot of trouble figuring out if I can swap in a Spec B setup (I would like the longer gear ratios, as I want this to be a stock swap, DD trollol wagon). Can anyone help me out on this? At the very least I was expecting: Front undercarriage (engine mount, transmission mounts, steering track, maybe control arms?), rear undercarriage (Rear diff mounts, hubs, knuckles/suspension), and of course transmission/motor/flywheel, internal clutch linkages. (My current motor has 241K on it... not sure if I'd want to re-use it even if I could).

Thanks in advance for your help! Still in early planning/list phase.
The Spec B externally is the same, so the swap would be the same as one of the others.
prochucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #217
Taskarnin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 363737
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prochucker View Post
The Spec B externally is the same, so the swap would be the same as one of the others.
Thanks! So that means that swap info for a regular STI 08-09ish it should work for spec B of same years. (Really looking for the longer gear set, for a more rounded swap, don't really want the very short track 6 speed as I wont' be doing many track days in the car).
Taskarnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #218
prochucker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21038
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Jacksonville, FL JMS #12
Vehicle:
05 STi CGM
08 WRX 5D SSM

Subaru Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskarnin View Post
Thanks! So that means that swap info for a regular STI 08-09ish it should work for spec B of same years. (Really looking for the longer gear set, for a more rounded swap, don't really want the very short track 6 speed as I wont' be doing many track days in the car).
Right, IIRC all the newer trannies are female, meaning the Prop shafts are male.
prochucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #219
staiflexat1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 372542
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default Built 5 Speed Or A '05+ Sti 6 Speed

Gentlemen,

I've been doing my research and talked to a few shops. No one can give me an answer for which is better.

Most say it depends on opinion.

Here is the story. I got an '02 WRX with a 2.5 short block and 2.0 heads built motor. My goal is to have 350 whp and about 320+torque.

A built 5 speed costs about 1900$ and maybe 400+$ in labor for everything to be installed. Total price will be about $2500. Some people say this is the way to go. The built five speed won't break at all with the power I wanna make. They say it won't break at all if I have 375 hp or under and 350 torque and under.

On the other hand, others say to do the 6 speed swap out of an '05 STI because it is much stronger and it won't break ever. They also say that the built 5 speed will still break.

The STI trans and everything that I need would be about 3500$.

Which is the better way to go?

I wanna be able to drive hard and launch and downshift from 5th to 3rd on the highway with no issues.

Thanks for taking the time!
staiflexat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #220
prochucker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21038
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Jacksonville, FL JMS #12
Vehicle:
05 STi CGM
08 WRX 5D SSM

Subaru Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by staiflexat1 View Post
Gentlemen,

I've been doing my research and talked to a few shops. No one can give me an answer for which is better.

Most say it depends on opinion.

Here is the story. I got an '02 WRX with a 2.5 short block and 2.0 heads built motor. My goal is to have 350 whp and about 320+torque.

A built 5 speed costs about 1900$ and maybe 400+$ in labor for everything to be installed. Total price will be about $2500. Some people say this is the way to go. The built five speed won't break at all with the power I wanna make. They say it won't break at all if I have 375 hp or under and 350 torque and under.

On the other hand, others say to do the 6 speed swap out of an '05 STI because it is much stronger and it won't break ever. They also say that the built 5 speed will still break.

The STI trans and everything that I need would be about 3500$.

Which is the better way to go?

I wanna be able to drive hard and launch and downshift from 5th to 3rd on the highway with no issues.

Thanks for taking the time!
I think you have been posting on FB about this as well. I say go with the 6 speed. Is the early shift to 2nd and 3rd going to hurt you in a1/4 mile. I think not. Granted that in the 1/4 you will have to shift into 5th so an extra shift , but is the gain of lower gearing negated by it?
prochucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #221
coolzeero
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 376593
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default

Great job dude
coolzeero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #222
thejaredhuang
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 86206
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Irvine
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon
Blue

Default

Its probably been answered but when you swap to a 6spd what tire size should you assume is stock? The STIs had a 225/45/17 while my car, 06 WRX, is a 215/45/17. I know its not a significant difference but I'd like to know.
thejaredhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:13 AM   #223
sir_enigma
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 351594
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default

I'm a little lost guys... What clutch should I get if I have an 06 sti engine, but an 05 wrx tranny?
sir_enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:00 PM   #224
EVL RS-T
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 30071
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Northern Virginia
Vehicle:
2001 2.5 RS-T

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_enigma View Post
I'm a little lost guys... What clutch should I get if I have an 06 sti engine, but an 05 wrx tranny?
Clutch kit selection is determined by the transmission... So get something made for the 05 wrx.
EVL RS-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:01 AM   #225
BlueToRed
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 362319
Join Date: Jul 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Drifting in Snow Near You
Vehicle:
2008 Subaru WRX
WRB Stage 2+ & WRB 13 STI

Default

I know this question isnt a 06 to 02 drivetrain swap question but its related i want to do an 08 sti drivetrain swap into my wrx 08 sedan and the question here is if i swapped said drivetrain and trans in would i also have to the differential adjuster by the shifter??
BlueToRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Master swap list for 04-07 Sti 6 speed into WRX crashtke Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline 767 08-07-2014 04:06 PM
Feeler: 06 wrx sti 6-speed drivetrain swap... 06TRDude Drivetrain 8 02-23-2009 07:50 PM
Cost estimates for 6-speed swap into an 02 WRX? aasim_a Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline 24 05-31-2008 04:37 PM
Parts needed for an STI drivetrain swap into an 01 RS SubeSTIle Subaru Conversions 15 11-04-2006 01:11 PM
Parts needed for an STI drivetrain swap into an 01 RS SubeSTIle South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 2 10-31-2006 04:15 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.