Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #2176
MoRex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 231966
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Victoria, BC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Pure Silver Metallic

Default

the title of this thread contains the words "keep it drama free" ... so GTFO with your drama people, and stick to the numbers regarding wheel fitment, sheesh.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MoRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #2177
bboylocob
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 151809
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: New Orleans
Vehicle:
2007 WRX
Black

Default

The man asked for help we helping him out.

Staggered set up will kill Ur differential .

U want meaty but gang to put a 35 and a 20 series tire?? Not very meaty.

The coils need an upgrade to at least BC coils . pulse u will need something that will allow u to mess with camber.

Xxr good for daily driving bc they are cheap and u can replace them if they get damaged for cheap. Track get a better wheel.
bboylocob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #2178
eastcoastimprezz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336922
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza OBS
Silver/ Charcoal

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post

2k a week yet you also say "Rokkor coils" are the only thing in your budget.

Cheap wheels. Cheap coils. Cheap tires. You aren't ballin. You don't have to lie, in fact it's better to honest with yourself.

You bought the wrong wheels. Sell them and find something else. Read this thread, the offset thread, and the several fitment threads in members car gallery top to bottom.
I came here to do research.
I haven't bought any of the parts yet. My good lord, are you autistic?
If I need a bigger budget, say so.
Give me ******* recommendations as opposed to ignorance.
If I wanted to get into a dick measuring contest with some *** hole on the Internet. I would have logged onto Facebook.
You see the little thing under my name that says "scooby newbie"? That just might mean I'm new to a Subaru. That might also mean I'm new to the entire concept of lowering it, and what parts are adequate to do so with.
And I meant 2k every other week. It's biweekly. You're right, that isn't baller. Mainly cause I don't live with mommy and daddy and have my own bills to pay.
The only thing you had to do was tell me the cons of staggered wheels, to increase my budget, and give me a list of threads to read.
But instead, now here we are arguing like children.
Lighten up and be a friend to a fellow enthusiast that wants to share the same passion as you.
eastcoastimprezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #2179
eastcoastimprezz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336922
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza OBS
Silver/ Charcoal

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoRex View Post
the title of this thread contains the words "keep it drama free" ... so GTFO with your drama people, and stick to the numbers regarding wheel fitment, sheesh.
Sorry man. I'm new to this and I'm just trying to learn.
eastcoastimprezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #2180
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastimprezz View Post
I came here to do research.
I haven't bought any of the parts yet. My good lord, are you autistic?
If I need a bigger budget, say so.
Give me ******* recommendations as opposed to ignorance.
If I wanted to get into a dick measuring contest with some *** hole on the Internet. I would have logged onto Facebook.
You see the little thing under my name that says "scooby newbie"? That just might mean I'm new to a Subaru. That might also mean I'm new to the entire concept of lowering it, and what parts are adequate to do so with.
And I meant 2k every other week. It's biweekly. You're right, that isn't baller. Mainly cause I don't live with mommy and daddy and have my own bills to pay.
The only thing you had to do was tell me the cons of staggered wheels, to increase my budget, and give me a list of threads to read.
But instead, now here we are arguing like children.
Lighten up and be a friend to a fellow enthusiast that wants to share the same passion as you.
If you search, all your questions will be answered.

Stop getting distracted by the delivery, but actually read my posts. Stop looking at parts until you know what you are doing. Read this thread. Read the offset threads. Read the fitment threads. Find out what you like the best, then figure out how to make it work.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #2181
flat4LGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 237565
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: East Lansing, MI
Vehicle:
I haz 06
WRB Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post

Stop getting distracted by the delivery, but actually read my posts. Stop looking at parts until you know what you are doing. Read this thread. Read the offset threads. Read the fitment threads. Find out what you like the best, then figure out how to make it work.
^This. He's a little rough around the edges, but sc00by4life speaks the truth
flat4LGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #2182
eastcoastimprezz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336922
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza OBS
Silver/ Charcoal

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post

If you search, all your questions will be answered.

Stop getting distracted by the delivery, but actually read my posts. Stop looking at parts until you know what you are doing. Read this thread. Read the offset threads. Read the fitment threads. Find out what you like the best, then figure out how to make it work.
Alright. Thanks for the advice. I'll start reading and doing more research.
eastcoastimprezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #2183
eastcoastimprezz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336922
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza OBS
Silver/ Charcoal

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat4LGT View Post

^This. He's a little rough around the edges, but sc00by4life speaks the truth
Ain't that the truth haha.
eastcoastimprezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #2184
littlewhitewagon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 103068
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: PM me if I don't answer posts
Vehicle:
11 STI sedan
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx2630 View Post
on a 245/40/18 tire, STock sti 2011 what would the best offset be to look/fit the best
18x8.5 size option for offset are anywhere from +40 to +50
You want best, you need to roll the fenders and do some suspension work. 18x10 +40 will fit the stock tires with a bit of stretch but it works.

littlewhitewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #2185
wrx2630
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 290232
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Vehicle:
2011 STI Sedan
Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewhitewagon View Post
You want best, you need to roll the fenders and do some suspension work. 18x10 +40 will fit the stock tires with a bit of stretch but it works.
not looking to roll, im going for 18x8.5(number 1 choice) or 18x9 just wondering if a offset of +40 would look better then a +50 on stock tires or would the best bet be an offset somewhere between +40 to +50
wrx2630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #2186
Josh1717
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291683
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default

i searched the thread and i could not find anything for my specific situation. This is the set up i want and just need some help because i'm pretty new to all of this. My question is, with stock suspension, will my tire selection fit with at most, just rolling the fenders? Thanks in advance!

year: 2010
model: WRX
wheel model: XXR 527
wheel size/offset: 18x8.75 +35
tire brand/model: ??
tire size: ??
suspension: Stock
alignment: Stock? Idk what it's asking...
fender mods: I can roll them if i need to
spacers: No
Josh1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #2187
AHK
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 237243
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: VA
Default

Had several people email me asking to let them know when I raced with no roll if there was any rubbing. None at all I have some video to show. Daily driver, stock suspension no camber.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AHK View Post
SSR Type F
18x9.5 +40
Michelin Pilot Super Sport 265/35/18
Stock Suspension*

AHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #2188
H4kustomz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292654
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Westminster MA / Wells ME
Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS
PSM

Default

I did use the search button but couldn't find what I was looking for. I have a 2005 2.5rs dropped on raceland coilovers it's just my daily, I was looking at some xxr 530 or 527 and want 18s I am dropped round 2 inches roughly. Could someone direct me to what offset and size tires I could get away with just rolling the fenders a little
H4kustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #2189
aznboi0204
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 266514
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2011 OBP STi Sedan
OBP

Default

I'm new to wheels and offset stuff. I did some research and just want to confirm.

245/40/18
18x9.5 +30

This would require me to use a 5mm spacer wouldn't it.
aznboi0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #2190
rmarchigiani
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 164584
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX STi
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi0204 View Post
I'm new to wheels and offset stuff. I did some research and just want to confirm.

245/40/18
18x9.5 +30

This would require me to use a 5mm spacer wouldn't it.
I'm no guru.....but not necessarily. I just kinda went over this in a thread I just started. Every wheel is different. It depends on what wheel.....the structure of the wheel and the brakes you have......tire size does not matter except for fitment....stretched tires make wider wheels and lower offsets easier to fit......though you might get flamed around here for that.

The example I used is linea corse lemans 18x9.5 +30.....no spacers necessary. However an almost identical wheel....XXR 521 18x10 +25 do need spacers. The only difference must be something in the way the wheel is manufactured. There is no rhyme or reason. It all depends on the wheel. Typically....the lower offset....the further the wheel is pushed away from the car....so more brake clearance. Ie - +25 is pushed more away from the car than +30.....so theoretically more brake clearance....more "poke"......harder to fit on our cars.

The other example for our car are Enkei RPF-1. On our cars....to fit 18x10 +38 it requires a 3mm spacer to clear front brembos......so an effective offset of +35 in the front. Again....all dependent on wheel.

Typically flatter faced wheels are going to be tougher to fit with big brakes. The more concave a wheel.....the easier to fit with big brakes.

So in short....u didn't give enough info. We need to know the wheel and if you have brembos ( I'm guessing you do) or some upgraded brakes.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.....but I hope this helps.

Rafe

Last edited by rmarchigiani; 03-25-2013 at 10:23 PM.
rmarchigiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #2191
aznboi0204
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 266514
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2011 OBP STi Sedan
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarchigiani View Post
I'm no guru.....but not necessarily. I just kinda went over this in a thread I just started. Every wheel is different. It depends on what wheel.....the structure of the wheel and the brakes you have......tire size does not matter except for fitment....stretched tires make wider wheels and lower offsets easier to fit......though you might get flamed around here for that.

The example I used is linea corse lemans 18x9.5 +30.....no spacers necessary. However an almost identical wheel....XXR 521 18x10 +25 do need spacers. The only difference must be something in the way the wheel is manufactured. There is no rhyme or reason. It all depends on the wheel. Typically....the lower offset....the further the wheel is pushed away from the car....so more brake clearance. Ie - +25 is pushed more away from the car than +30.....so theoretically more brake clearance....more "poke"......harder to fit on our cars.

So in short....u didn't give enough info. We need to know the wheel and if you have brembos ( I'm guessing you do) or some upgraded brakes.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.....but I hope this helps.

Rafe
Everything on the car is stock. I was gonna get the replica of BBS LM from Varrstoen. They come in 18x9.5 +30.
aznboi0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #2192
rmarchigiani
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 164584
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX STi
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi0204 View Post
Everything on the car is stock. I was gonna get the replica of BBS LM from Varrstoen. They come in 18x9.5 +30.
You should ask the vendor about spacers.....I don't know if those will require spacers. Intrinsically I would say no.....but I thought that about the XXRs and I was wrong.
rmarchigiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #2193
aznboi0204
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 266514
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2011 OBP STi Sedan
OBP

Default

I will when I order plus I don't mind waiting for 5mm spaces if they don't fit. I already know I'm going to get flamed for replica wheels and spacers.
aznboi0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #2194
JustinM88
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 156688
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: San Antonio
Vehicle:
2007 WRX TR
Urban Gray Metallic

Default

year: 2007
model: WRX
wheel model: Rota Torque
wheel size/offset: 17x9 +30
tire brand/model: Continental ExtremeContact DW
tire size: 255/40
suspension: stock struts/Prodrive Springs
alignment: Not sure what will be needed, -1 on all 4 be enough?
fender mods: Rolled/Slight pull on all 4
spacers: no

I'm wondering about 2 things.

1. I have rolled and a slight pull on all 4 corners, do I need to go with a smaller tire? If so, will 245/40 work?

2. If I stick with the 255/40, am I going to have issues with the tires hitting the strut?

Thanks in advance for the help!
JustinM88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #2195
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

a 245/40 would definitely fit better.

Either way you'll need pretty aggressive camber, more so than -1 (think -2-2.5* range) unless you want to pull your fenders more.

This is assuming you have a sedan....a wagon that wont fit without serious work.

Quote:
am I going to have issues with the tires hitting the strut?
one thing I don't understand about people buying wheels without researching is quotes like this. you do NOT need to worry about inboard clearance with wheel specs like that.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #2196
littlewhitewagon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 103068
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: PM me if I don't answer posts
Vehicle:
11 STI sedan
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
a 245/40 would definitely fit better.

Either way you'll need pretty aggressive camber, more so than -1 (think -2-2.5* range) unless you want to pull your fenders more.

This is assuming you have a sedan....a wagon that wont fit without serious work.



one thing I don't understand about people buying wheels without researching is quotes like this. you do NOT need to worry about inboard clearance with wheel specs like that.
He'll have it hit the strut if he uses double camber bolt and 255s, lol.
littlewhitewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #2197
Josh1717
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291683
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1717 View Post
i searched the thread and i could not find anything for my specific situation. This is the set up i want and just need some help because i'm pretty new to all of this. My question is, with stock suspension, will my tire selection fit with at most, just rolling the fenders? Thanks in advance!

year: 2010
model: WRX
wheel model: XXR 527
wheel size/offset: 18x8.75 +35
tire brand/model: ??
tire size: ??
suspension: Stock
alignment: Stock? Idk what it's asking...
fender mods: I can roll them if i need to
spacers: No
Anyone?
Josh1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #2198
benji25
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 96258
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 Saab 9-2x
Black

Default

2012
Wrx sedan
Bbs ch
18x8.5 et 30
Stock suspension at the moment

I'm considering buying these wheels from a fellow nasiocer. I plan on a mild drop in the future. I'm wondering If this is the proper offset for a flush look as I'm not into the stretch and poke/ hellaflush fad. If so, what size tire would be appropriate for a flush/factory look? Any help / tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
benji25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #2199
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1717 View Post
Anyone?
search 18x9 +35 and youll get more results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji25 View Post
2012
Wrx sedan
Bbs ch
18x8.5 et 30
Stock suspension at the moment

I'm considering buying these wheels from a fellow nasiocer. I plan on a mild drop in the future. I'm wondering If this is the proper offset for a flush look as I'm not into the stretch and poke/ hellaflush fad. If so, what size tire would be appropriate for a flush/factory look? Any help / tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
flush and factory are completely different.

Do you want WHEEL flush (which is what people "in the know" refer to as flush), or TIRE flush (what people not "in the scene" refer to as flush).

The main factor will come down to tire size and your final ride height.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #2200
Jdsti06626
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310761
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: La puente /west covina
Vehicle:
0609 Wrx Sti 06/09
Sgm/pear white

Default

Newbie to wheels and tires so here we go .. 05 black Wrx stock suspension and want to put some wheels on the car looking at xxr527 and some azenies please can some one help me out on tire size or pics .. I want to stay on stock suspension 18x8.5 but not sure what size tire I want an aggressive look if it could be possible
Jdsti06626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the motorsport fitment thread: because race car! nhat Tire & Wheel 45 11-20-2011 03:21 PM
the official wheel/tire fitment thread: all fitment questions go here! nhat Tire & Wheel 1086 06-15-2011 01:02 AM
where did the wheel fitment chart go? PoopRSkupe Brakes, Steering & Suspension 0 01-26-2004 01:36 PM
A thread in the STi forum to keep it alive (because STi forum is closing) Eric SS Off-Topic 6 09-10-2003 03:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.