|03-21-2013, 01:30 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Little Red DotVehicle:
GR Twin Scroll : Dom 3 XT-R vs Kamak TD06SL2-20GTX
I'm running a GR STi with a built block that I've converted to the JDM twin scroll setup. Looking at more power without losing too much response.
Have found 2 twin scroll options that I would like an opinion on.
Blouch Dominator 3 XT-R ~ $2, 000
- Garrett Ball-Bearing CHRA
- 76mm billet XT compressor, 55lbs
- 3" compressor inlet
- ceramic coated exhaust housing
KAMAK STS TD06SL2-20GTX ~ $1, 300
- upgraded thrust bearing
- 9-blade STS turbine wheel (54.1mm/61mm)
- Billet Compressor wheel (52.3/68mm)
- 3" anti-surge compressor inlet
Due to legal restrictions, I have to keep the the standard exhaust manifold and downpipes..but I'm shooting for as close to 400whp on a Mustang dyno with the best possible response on pump gas.
The Dom 3 obviously has larger flow with ball-bearings but if the Kamak will get the power I need without much drama, then I'm saving $700 for other mods. I'm hoping the twin scroll will negate the advantage of the ball-bearing CHRA, especially since the stock VF turbo uses thrust bearings too.
Any opinions, folks?
- built 2.5l with JE FSR pistons
- Manley Turbo-Tuff I-beam rods
- 8.5:1 CR
- A1 Technologis H11 Headstuds
- Ported dual AVCS heads with Kelford Road/Race (R-220-C) cams
- JDM Twin Scroll manifold and downpipe
- Invidia Q300 cat-back exhaust
- APS Lancer Evolution FMIC core with custom piping
- Carbonetics carbon triple-plate
- ID1000 injectors with Bosch 044 pump
Last edited by BakZamGai; 03-21-2013 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Updated details....