Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 01:07 AM   #151
manitou
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193757
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar, MI HP Techs MPS-SSLR2.5
Vehicle:
2006 XTI Limited
OBP, Junior tuned 573WHP

Default

Now that's some technique there.....maybe the shift knob is wired to give him a shock if he shifts too slow! LOL
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #152
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 170602
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: j-ville fl
Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitou View Post
Now that's some technique there.....maybe the shift knob is wired to give him a shock if he shifts too slow! LOL
The way he lets go of it you'd think so ^
stretchedk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:41 AM   #153
06rexwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114730
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited Wag
9.9@142

Default

Had a good time at the track today despite the long lines.
1st pass, 1.58 60', didn't get into 3rd gear.
2nd pass, 1.63 60', MAP sensor came unplugged and the car turned off at half track.
3rd pass, decided to turn it down and focus on getting a clean run. Lowered boost 3-4psi and managed a 10.4@138.999 which I'll happily round up to 139mph. Picked up 34mph on the back end. DA was ~7600'




4th pass, turned the car back up and it cut the best 60' I've ever had, flat foot shifted to 2nd and missed 3rd.
Decided to get back into it and wow did it get hairy. Still managed 11.1 missing a gear.



This new turbo is amazing and I really think the car will go very low 10's at 140 in Albuquerque.

Last edited by 06rexwagon; 03-17-2013 at 12:53 AM.
06rexwagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #154
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

you might be able to touch 9s with a 140mph trap. ....

Congrats again

Last edited by juanmedina; 03-17-2013 at 09:47 AM.
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #155
06rexwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114730
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited Wag
9.9@142

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post
you might be able to touch 9s with a 140mph trap. ....

Congrats again
That would be an accomplishment at this altitude.
06rexwagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #156
reid-o
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 103631
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mililani, Hawaii
Vehicle:
2004 STI
Black

Default

Are you making use of the gear based and rpm mapping? It never seemed logical to me to use on an awd car unless used to tune to the edge for specific gears, but then again I've never had a car with that much torque to consider traction being a problem in certain gears.
reid-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #157
06rexwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114730
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited Wag
9.9@142

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid-o View Post
Are you making use of the gear based and rpm mapping? It never seemed logical to me to use on an awd car unless used to tune to the edge for specific gears, but then again I've never had a car with that much torque to consider traction being a problem in certain gears.
I am using speed based boost control. 23 psi ramping to 30 by 45mph.
06rexwagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #158
reid-o
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 103631
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mililani, Hawaii
Vehicle:
2004 STI
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rexwagon View Post

I am using speed based boost control. 23 psi ramping to 30 by 45mph.
I wonder if by gear and rpm would work better since mph wouldn't account for wheelspin. You definitely play with bigger toys than I do though.
reid-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #159
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

NF's Speeding Bullet got into the 9's with a 139MPH trap. You can do it!
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #160
06rexwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114730
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited Wag
9.9@142

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
NF's Speeding Bullet got into the 9's with a 139MPH trap. You can do it!
Yeah and those boys did it at sea level- I'm a mile up.

Look at that squat!

06rexwagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #161
J3SST3R
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 298926
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Vehicle:
2007 USDM STI
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rexwagon View Post

Look at that squat!
Epic! ^^^
J3SST3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #162
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2012 Forester 2.5X
2002 WRX Sedan

Default

Why would elevation matter if you have the same trap? Maybe I'm missing something bit I didn't think it would matter. It's just harder for you to get that trap.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #163
06rexwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114730
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited Wag
9.9@142

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Why would elevation matter if you have the same trap? Maybe I'm missing something bit I didn't think it would matter. It's just harder for you to get that trap.
That's all I was saying. Takes a lot more to get that trap here.
06rexwagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #164
manitou
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193757
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar, MI HP Techs MPS-SSLR2.5
Vehicle:
2006 XTI Limited
OBP, Junior tuned 573WHP

Default

With your car/ build, that 94 lb./ min. turbo and drag radials, 9's do seem to be in your future!

Go quickly and fast my friend!
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #165
juanmedina
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 133146
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SC
Vehicle:
07 FPgreen 7.37@95
WRX VF39+E85 12.0, 121mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rexwagon View Post
That's all I was saying. Takes a lot more to get that trap here.
We now that, but if your car traps 140mph even at elevation you can run 9s
juanmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #166
06rexwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114730
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited Wag
9.9@142

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmedina View Post

We now that, but if your car traps 140mph even at elevation you can run 9s
I need to drive somewhere lower where a bad driver can run 9s
06rexwagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #167
02WRX2.5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 63192
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, Or
Vehicle:
02 wrx
157mph trap

Default

Nice work Cam. I saw pictures of a 9180 this weekend from texas that had the exhuast side fall apart. Give your's a good inspection for defects, just a heads up!
02WRX2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #168
06rexwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114730
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited Wag
9.9@142

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02WRX2.5 View Post
Nice work Cam. I saw pictures of a 9180 this weekend from texas that had the exhuast side fall apart. Give your's a good inspection for defects, just a heads up!
Thanks I hadn't heard of that. Ewg? I had seen some knockoff housings online.
06rexwagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #169
02WRX2.5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 63192
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Portland, Or
Vehicle:
02 wrx
157mph trap

Default

yup EWG
02WRX2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #170
06rexwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114730
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited Wag
9.9@142

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02WRX2.5 View Post
yup EWG
Yikes where did it fail?
06rexwagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #171
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 170602
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: j-ville fl
Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rexwagon View Post
Had a good time at the track today despite the long lines.
1st pass, 1.58 60', didn't get into 3rd gear.
2nd pass, 1.63 60', MAP sensor came unplugged and the car turned off at half track.
3rd pass, decided to turn it down and focus on getting a clean run. Lowered boost 3-4psi and managed a 10.4@138.999 which I'll happily round up to 139mph. Picked up 34mph on the back end. DA was ~7600'

Video Link: http://youtu.be/fQI2k1nOIvA

4th pass, turned the car back up and it cut the best 60' I've ever had, flat foot shifted to 2nd and missed 3rd.
Decided to get back into it and wow did it get hairy. Still managed 11.1 missing a gear.

Video Link: http://youtu.be/zTt0hV4nt_Y

This new turbo is amazing and I really think the car will go very low 10's at 140 in Albuquerque.
It will go nines man all day long!! Good for you that's so awesome. Just need clean pass and good 60'
stretchedk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #172
06rexwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114730
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited Wag
9.9@142

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchedk7 View Post

It will go nines man all day long!! Good for you that's so awesome. Just need clean pass and good 60'
Just need more time. 4 kids keep my weekends busy.
06rexwagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #173
stretchedk7
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 170602
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: j-ville fl
Vehicle:
06 Wrx RWD Auto
76MM-AEM-2200's

Default

The one I have keeps me plenty busy. Couldn't imagine 4!
stretchedk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #174
jkopinga
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 220799
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Taiwan
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza WRX
WRC Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid-o View Post
I wonder if by gear and rpm would work better since mph wouldn't account for wheelspin. You definitely play with bigger toys than I do though.
I think there isn't a difference really......

The car gets vehicle speed from the gearbox. In a certain gear, a certain RPM equals a certain amount of MPH. When the wheels spin MPH shoots up but so does RPM. Ultimately you would need to get vehicle speed from a GPS which isn't affected by wheelspin ;-)

Jasper.
jkopinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #175
06rexwagon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114730
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Limited Wag
9.9@142

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkopinga View Post
I think there isn't a difference really......

The car gets vehicle speed from the gearbox. In a certain gear, a certain RPM equals a certain amount of MPH. When the wheels spin MPH shoots up but so does RPM. Ultimately you would need to get vehicle speed from a GPS which isn't affected by wheelspin ;-)

Jasper.
That's what I was thinking too.
06rexwagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.