Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #26
dan5505
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339018
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lo4dsno View Post
Metra released the ASwc-1 recently. Which has new firmware and the ability to work with new vehicles, at least that's what metro told my installers.
I contacted Metra customer service as well. They told me that the ASWC-1 is identical to the ASWC except they added the mini usb port. He said they use the same firmware.

I bet they were referencing a new firmware version when they told your installers it has the ability to work with new vehicles.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
dan5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:53 AM   #27
skaunit
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 263134
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Jose, Ca
Vehicle:
2008 Subaru WRX
Dark Grey Metallic (DGM)

Default

Hey, I am actually installing the pioneer avhx3500bhs with the aswc-1in my wife's 06 toyota highlander hybrid. But I am wondering if there is any update on the pioneer and aswc interaction, like a command to enter voice menu... I am considering the same head unit for my 08 wrx but I don't have any swc's...

So, any updates?
skaunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #28
dan5505
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339018
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaunit View Post
Hey, I am actually installing the pioneer avhx3500bhs with the aswc-1in my wife's 06 toyota highlander hybrid. But I am wondering if there is any update on the pioneer and aswc interaction, like a command to enter voice menu... I am considering the same head unit for my 08 wrx but I don't have any swc's...

So, any updates?
No updates on my end. I believe Pioneer put out a firmware update for this head unit, but I don't think it has anything to do with this issue. I think it is just for iphone compatibility. There have been updates to both the ASWC and ASWC-1 but I don't think they will help with this issue. Here are the change logs. http://www.axxessinterface.com/updates.aspx
dan5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #29
grizbone
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 360526
Join Date: Jun 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

I have the aswc-1 installed with my avic-x920bt. Got the aswc-1 and harness from svxdc and after following the install directs all buttons work as they should, PTT on hook off hook everything. Mode volume up and down work great. the Up and Down skip track buttons skip forward or back one song or if I hold it down it changes cds or folders.
grizbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #30
lightningdragon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 42898
Join Date: Sep 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
2013 Wrx
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

subscribed.
lightningdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:22 AM   #31
lightningdragon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 42898
Join Date: Sep 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
2013 Wrx
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Installing an avh-x8500bhs in my wrx. Sent me email off to svxdc to get all his awesome harness work.
lightningdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #32
Crash7fifty
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 353509
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Richmond Va
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza WRX
World Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningdragon View Post
Installing an avh-x8500bhs in my wrx. Sent me email off to svxdc to get all his awesome harness work.
I installed an 8500 in my '11 WRX 2 months ago. I used David Carter's harness and ASWC adapter and it works great. The talk button is basically mute/ATT, where the pick up and hang up buttons will cycle through presets on SXM, and AM/FM radio.
Crash7fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #33
Crash7fifty
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 353509
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Richmond Va
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza WRX
World Rally Blue

Default

Also worth mentioning, your phone address book and dial/answer commands are all on the 8500's touch screen, so there is no need for the manual buttons on the steering wheel. They seem to have been repurposed rather well.
Crash7fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #34
lightningdragon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 42898
Join Date: Sep 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
2013 Wrx
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Crash7fifty, thanks for that. Was there a guide in particular you found most useful?

How long does it usually take to get the harnesses? Did you reuse the aux and usb port in the console? I got the navigation add on module. Did you find that its any good? Finally, are you using the stock speakers? How do they sound?
lightningdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #35
Crash7fifty
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 353509
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Richmond Va
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza WRX
World Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningdragon View Post
Crash7fifty, thanks for that. Was there a guide in particular you found most useful?

How long does it usually take to get the harnesses? Did you reuse the aux and usb port in the console? I got the navigation add on module. Did you find that its any good? Finally, are you using the stock speakers? How do they sound?
I got my harnesses from SVXDC within a few days of ordering from him. Just follow all the instructions on his site. He asks what your current setup is, and what you're going to, and then suggests what you need. His instructions on the site are pretty self explanatory as far as what wires to solder together... There are also a few DIY threads posted on here with pics for verification that were handy for me.
I didn't reuse the AUX or USB ports in the console. There is a way to do it, but wasn't worth the effort in my case. The unit has 2 USB ports and an AUX port. My iPhone runs via Bluetooth and I also have it wired to the unit via USB and HDMI so I can use Waze (navigation) primarily. It's the best nav app I've used to date, basically because it runs off social media with live posts. I also have a Sirius tuner wired in too.
I'm using the stock speakers. This unit sounds awesome through them. The stock unit sounded terrible on anything other than the Bluetooth input. The 8500 sounds awesome all around. The HD FM radio is pretty cool also.
Crash7fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #36
lightningdragon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 42898
Join Date: Sep 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
2013 Wrx
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash7fifty View Post
I got my harnesses from SVXDC within a few days of ordering from him. Just follow all the instructions on his site. He asks what your current setup is, and what you're going to, and then suggests what you need. His instructions on the site are pretty self explanatory as far as what wires to solder together... There are also a few DIY threads posted on here with pics for verification that were handy for me.
I didn't reuse the AUX or USB ports in the console. There is a way to do it, but wasn't worth the effort in my case. The unit has 2 USB ports and an AUX port. My iPhone runs via Bluetooth and I also have it wired to the unit via USB and HDMI so I can use Waze (navigation) primarily. It's the best nav app I've used to date, basically because it runs off social media with live posts. I also have a Sirius tuner wired in too.
I'm using the stock speakers. This unit sounds awesome through them. The stock unit sounded terrible on anything other than the Bluetooth input. The 8500 sounds awesome all around. The HD FM radio is pretty cool also.
Are you using the app liberator program to use waze? I plan on that as well.
lightningdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #37
Bozanimal
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 44862
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza Sport
Carnelian Red

Question Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash7fifty View Post
I didn't reuse the AUX or USB ports in the console. There is a way to do it, but wasn't worth the effort in my case. The unit has 2 USB ports and an AUX port. My iPhone runs via Bluetooth and I also have it wired to the unit via USB and HDMI so I can use Waze (navigation) primarily. It's the best nav app I've used to date, basically because it runs off social media with live posts. I also have a Sirius tuner wired in too.
Greetings; I'm going for the same head unit, the AVH-X3500BHS. I am looking to reuse the AUX and USB ports in the console; did you find wiring instructions for the USB? I've got the AUX pin-outs.

Also, why do you need USB and HDMI for your iPhone? I use Waze now with the stock head unit and it works fine, with Bluetooth announcing road hazards.

Thanks in advance,

Boz
Bozanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #38
lightningdragon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 42898
Join Date: Sep 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
2013 Wrx
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozanimal View Post

Greetings; I'm going for the same head unit, the AVH-X3500BHS. I am looking to reuse the AUX and USB ports in the console; did you find wiring instructions for the USB? I've got the AUX pin-outs.

Also, why do you need USB and HDMI for your iPhone? I use Waze now with the stock head unit and it works fine, with Bluetooth announcing road hazards.

Thanks in advance,

Boz
Boz,

Go to ae64.com and ask for the usb harness he makes. Plug and play.
lightningdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #39
Bozanimal
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 44862
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza Sport
Carnelian Red

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningdragon View Post
Boz,

Go to ae64.com and ask for the usb harness he makes. Plug and play.
I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm capable of soldering the existing wiring to a USB cord if I have the pinouts. Any idea where I might find them? I didn't see them at ae64.com

Thanks!

Boz
Bozanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #40
SVXdc
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 25837
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta, GA
Vehicle:
1996 SVX L AWD
Laguna Blue Pearl

Default

The USB cables I'm now selling are Metra's factory-made AX-SUBUSB adapters. Worth the price to not have to bother soldering tiny-gauge wires.

But if you still want to roll your own, see these threads:
2011+ STI Non Navi HU Connectors and Pin-out

Stock USB with Aftermarket Radio - NO Cutting
I also suggest several other alternatives here (in the 'USB' section).
SVXdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #41
Bozanimal
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 44862
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza Sport
Carnelian Red

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc View Post
The USB cables I'm now selling are Metra's factory-made AX-SUBUSB adapters. Worth the price to not have to bother soldering tiny-gauge wires.

But if you still want to roll your own, see these threads:
2011+ STI Non Navi HU Connectors and Pin-out

Stock USB with Aftermarket Radio - NO Cutting
I also suggest several other alternatives here (in the 'USB' section).
I really appreciate it: My system has been a long-time coming. Finally finished Dynamatting the roof and rear, now I'm ready to start on the main system.

Thank you,

Boz
Bozanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #42
Mr Wrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 332887
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Orange County, NY
Vehicle:
2012 WRX stage 2+
DGM (sedan)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash7fifty View Post
I installed an 8500 in my '11 WRX 2 months ago. I used David Carter's harness and ASWC adapter and it works great. The talk button is basically mute/ATT, where the pick up and hang up buttons will cycle through presets on SXM, and AM/FM radio.
I was looking at getting the same unit. Is there any way for it to retain the factory button functions for bluetooth? I've looked through a lot of threads and I haven't seen anyone pull this off.
Mr Wrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #43
LowOnTotemPole
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 364669
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default

Sent an email to SVXdc, got a Kenwood DNX-890HD on the way for the 13 STi hatch. Lots of good information in these threads, you guys are awesome.
LowOnTotemPole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #44
icedcoco
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 259021
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Central NJ
Vehicle:
2014 WRX Premium
SWP

Default

all the info i needed, subscribed. will be emailing SVXdc soon.
icedcoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #45
seven4ka
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349312
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal, QC
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
Black

Default

Just installed mine 2 days ago no issue at all. ASWC-1 on wrx 2010 limited no bluetooth. No issues at all.
seven4ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:13 AM   #46
cowincanada
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 366726
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash7fifty View Post
I got my harnesses from SVXDC within a few days of ordering from him. Just follow all the instructions on his site. He asks what your current setup is, and what you're going to, and then suggests what you need. His instructions on the site are pretty self explanatory as far as what wires to solder together... There are also a few DIY threads posted on here with pics for verification that were handy for me.
I didn't reuse the AUX or USB ports in the console. There is a way to do it, but wasn't worth the effort in my case. The unit has 2 USB ports and an AUX port. My iPhone runs via Bluetooth and I also have it wired to the unit via USB and HDMI so I can use Waze (navigation) primarily. It's the best nav app I've used to date, basically because it runs off social media with live posts. I also have a Sirius tuner wired in too.
I'm using the stock speakers. This unit sounds awesome through them. The stock unit sounded terrible on anything other than the Bluetooth input. The 8500 sounds awesome all around. The HD FM radio is pretty cool also.
hey Crash, just curious about your set-up. where did you route the usb-lightning cable and hdmi cable to the apple av-adapter (which connects to your iphone)? Got any pics of the install please
cowincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:32 PM   #47
tuf_ryda
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 389557
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowOnTotemPole View Post
Sent an email to SVXdc, got a Kenwood DNX-890HD on the way for the 13 STi hatch. Lots of good information in these threads, you guys are awesome.
Hey, I saw that you posted the msg below. Did you end up getting the steering controls to work? Even the phone controls? I just got mine installed with a kenwood but the phone controls don't work.
tuf_ryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.