Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday November 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2013, 01:05 AM   #11
Smooth_Puddin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 280392
Vehicle:
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
6 Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
Am I the only one who is sick and tired of hearing "Thank you for your service?"

When I joined the Army in 1981, the military was still enduring the post-Vietnam slump and was not held in high regard. My friends thought I'd gone nuts, gotten busted, etc. This was right when Reagan was elected and by 1985 when I got out, things were much better but people didn't really go out of their way.

I feel bad for the Vietnam vets who got spat on or otherwise abused, and it breaks my heart to see a guy who has been badly wounded or when I attend a funeral.

But while well-meaning, this is starting to bug me. Go be a good citizen, raise good kids, pay your taxes, live a good life. This pro-forma statement isn't working for me. Now get off my lawn......
Are you saying that the military is held in high regard at present time? Are you the type of guy to wear an Army shirt, or your uniform to Wal-Mart? How would anyone compliment you on your service if you didn't say something first.
Smooth_Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote