Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #9901
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2.5i View Post

Mac tsk tsk
Macs dominate these days.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #9902
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15

Macs dominate these days.
Second that, have fun with your pc viruses!
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #9903
aceofskies05
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326539
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: GR
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5
newport blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX View Post
I think you just get them at the dealer, or an on-line dealer.

I need to go buy a few of those metal snap-clamp things.. like that hold your mirror triangle tweeter pod in place, and a lot of other parts including trim on the door panel. I lost a few of those.. and have worn out some of the screw snap fasteners you are talking about too.. There are different sizes though, so make sure you are getting the right size.
In case anyone was wondering http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Sub...lips_s/304.htm
aceofskies05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #9904
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post

Second that, have fun with your pc viruses!
Lol I work in IT never had a virus that put me out of commission that doesn't have a simple fix. Haven't had a virus in hell knows how long
Steve2.5i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #9905
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2.5i

Lol I work in IT never had a virus that put me out of commission that doesn't have a simple fix. Haven't had a virus in hell knows how long
Well I've never had to worry about even the smallest of viruses, and have also never spent a cent on virus protection. Let me know if the same can be said for you.
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #9906
BWX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236305
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central.. NY
Vehicle:
2009 2.5i 4dr 5spd
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceofskies05 View Post
Awesome! Thanks for the site link.
BWX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #9907
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post

Well I've never had to worry about even the smallest of viruses, and have also never spent a cent on virus protection. Let me know if the same can be said for you.
I don't buy virus protection lol my virus protection is my brain. Good surfing habits n not downloading everything I see. Maybe for the average person it may be true but I use my computer not only for work but I game as well. Macs aren't compatible with many games until they release a Mac version of it. I do own apple products ie ipods n what not but I don't like to overpay for laptops or desktops when I can build one that blows others away for half the price. Anyways this isn't the apple fanboy vs windows fanboy thread lets get back to the reason why were here, our beautiful subaru's and passion for them.
Steve2.5i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #9908
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i 5D
Sunlight Gold Opal

Default

Built PC > *
JourdanWithaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:45 PM   #9909
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2.5i

I don't buy virus protection lol my virus protection is my brain. Good surfing habits n not downloading everything I see. Maybe for the average person it may be true but I use my computer not only for work but I game as well. Macs aren't compatible with many games until they release a Mac version of it. I do own apple products ie ipods n what not but I don't like to overpay for laptops or desktops when I can build one that blows others away for half the price. Anyways this isn't the apple fanboy vs windows fanboy thread lets get back to the reason why were here, our beautiful subaru's and passion for them.
True, I went Mac only because in the laptop department I've been disappointed to many times. My current MacBook Pro going strong for almost 5 years. Most laptops are not built to last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Built PC > *
+1, someday when I have the room for it.


Back on topic.

My bumper that got smashed a few months ago from trash on the highway. Fixed it get-O style. Drilled some more holes and placed my license plate over the majority of the cracks and missing portions. Thinking Perrin license plate delete to cover the original holes?

Don't mind the roll up the rim cup on the hood, its a Canadian thing.

Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #9910
Iln
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 337711
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Ventura, Ca
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Sedan

Default

Hi guys! I was wondering if there was any way to get rid of the sluggish throttle in my 08 2.5i with the 4speed automatic transmission?

Any feed back would be great
Iln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #9911
Cmac13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 312011
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Vehicle:
2009 impreza 2.5i
white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iln View Post
Hi guys! I was wondering if there was any way to get rid of the sluggish throttle in my 08 2.5i with the 4speed automatic transmission?

Any feed back would be great
Sell it and buy a manual
Cmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #9912
Iln
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 337711
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Ventura, Ca
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac13 View Post

Sell it and buy a manual
Would love to but I made the mistake of being an idiot while buying the car and now I just have to eat my loss for a few years. Just trying to make my driving experience my pleasurable while I have this thing!
Iln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #9913
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iln View Post

Would love to but I made the mistake of being an idiot while buying the car and now I just have to eat my loss for a few years. Just trying to make my driving experience my pleasurable while I have this thing!
What's ur budget?
Steve2.5i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #9914
NH8991
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 197937
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Montreal, QC
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Sport, DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iln View Post
Hi guys! I was wondering if there was any way to get rid of the sluggish throttle in my 08 2.5i with the 4speed automatic transmission?
The throttle itself isn't sluggish, on my 09 4EAT the throttle is close to 100% fully open with just 30% pedal input

However, the response time when you mash the pedal is poor, I use sports shift mode all the time to try and negate some of this, but there's no readily available way around the problem. Yes you could probably open up the transmission and put in some aftermarket parts which could help but the cost would be prohibitive.
The other issue is the ridiculously high gearing on the 4EAT, good for fuel economy, bad for acceleration.

You could always get a tune which may help a little.

Try to lose some rotating weight off the car first e.g. wheels, pulley etc, or be prepared to spend serious money on mods to increase power.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Iln View Post
Just trying to make my driving experience my pleasurable while I have this thing!
Easiest options IMHO are to upgrade the suspension (sway bars at least), brake pads and put some decent tyres on it.

Hope this helps.
NH8991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #9915
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH8991 View Post

The throttle itself isn't sluggish, on my 09 4EAT the throttle is close to 100% fully open with just 30% pedal input

However, the response time when you mash the pedal is poor, I use sports shift mode all the time to try and negate some of this, but there's no readily available way around the problem. Yes you could probably open up the transmission and put in some aftermarket parts which could help but the cost would be prohibitive.
The other issue is the ridiculously high gearing on the 4EAT, good for fuel economy, bad for acceleration.

You could always get a tune which may help a little.

Try to lose some rotating weight off the car first e.g. wheels, pulley etc, or be prepared to spend serious money on mods to increase power.

Easiest options IMHO are to upgrade the suspension (sway bars at least), brake pads and put some decent tyres on it.

Hope this helps.
yeah I was gunna suggest a tune/pulley but u nailed it .
Steve2.5i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #9916
Iln
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 337711
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Ventura, Ca
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH8991 View Post

The throttle itself isn't sluggish, on my 09 4EAT the throttle is close to 100% fully open with just 30% pedal input

However, the response time when you mash the pedal is poor, I use sports shift mode all the time to try and negate some of this, but there's no readily available way around the problem. Yes you could probably open up the transmission and put in some aftermarket parts which could help but the cost would be prohibitive.
The other issue is the ridiculously high gearing on the 4EAT, good for fuel economy, bad for acceleration.

You could always get a tune which may help a little.

Try to lose some rotating weight off the car first e.g. wheels, pulley etc, or be prepared to spend serious money on mods to increase power.

Easiest options IMHO are to upgrade the suspension (sway bars at least), brake pads and put some decent tyres on it.

Hope this helps.
Awesome info thanks! I was actually reading about the tunes that could possibly help with the throttle lag? I think that would change a lot of how I feel about the car. Would it be an ok idea to do it myself if I got all the parts and read up on it on all the tuning info out there or should I take it some where professional?

Also I am wanting to do sway bars and breaks, but unsure where to start on those. Any good recommendations?

Not looking for very much more power increases since this car has plenty for me. Just trying to make it handle and feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iln View Post

Would love to but I made the mistake of being an idiot while buying the car and now I just have to eat my loss for a few years. Just trying to make my driving experience my pleasurable while I have this thing!
What's ur budget?

-------

Around 1000$ USD
Iln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #9917
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iln View Post

Awesome info thanks! I was actually reading about the tunes that could possibly help with the throttle lag? I think that would change a lot of how I feel about the car. Would it be an ok idea to do it myself if I got all the parts and read up on it on all the tuning info out there or should I take it some where professional?

Also I am wanting to do sway bars and breaks, but unsure where to start on those. Any good recommendations?

Not looking for very much more power increases since this car has plenty for me. Just trying to make it handle and feel better.

What's ur budget?

-------

Around 1000$ USD
Tactrix is about 170$ the tune is about 100$. Just upgrade the pads to either hawk hps or stoptech. Rallitek,whiteline, perrin, or the cheaper thing to do is get it off a used sways from a wrx (don't forget the mounting brackets n hardware) . Don't forget to upgrade the endlinks as well. Depending on how much cash you got left I'd pay for better tires.
Steve2.5i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #9918
Iln
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 337711
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Ventura, Ca
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Sedan

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2.5i View Post

Tactrix is about 170$ the tune is about 100$. Just upgrade the pads to either hawk hps or stoptech. Rallitek,whiteline, perrin, or the cheaper thing to do is get it off a used sways from a wrx (don't forget the mounting brackets n hardware) . Don't forget to upgrade the endlinks as well. Depending on how much cash you got left I'd pay for better tires.
Awesome thanks for the suggestions!! I currently have nexen cp672 with less thank 2000 miles on them, hopefully those will last for a little bit!
Iln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #9919
s1eepR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335330
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 5DR
DGM

Default

Is the $270 gonna make a noticeable difference in throttle response?
s1eepR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:47 AM   #9920
Steve2.5i
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 293006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Newport Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1eepR View Post
Is the $270 gonna make a noticeable difference in throttle response?
Ask jourdan if he thinks it's it makes a difference in throttle response. Since he autocrosses I'm sure u'll get a positive response.
Steve2.5i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #9921
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i 5D
Sunlight Gold Opal

Default

My car is still factory tuned. But after recently hooking up a logger I have found that my throttle never goes above ~80%. Even when the pedal is buried into the carpet.

With the car being drive by wire, I have reason to believe that the tune is not allowing throttle to go past 80%. Remapping the throttle may prove to be extremely noticeable.

With that said, a good tune will come from a good tuner, who will probably charge a lot (more than $100). I think it has potential to be very worthwhile.
JourdanWithaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #9922
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
My car is still factory tuned. But after recently hooking up a logger I have found that my throttle never goes above ~80%. Even when the pedal is buried into the carpet.

With the car being drive by wire, I have reason to believe that the tune is not allowing throttle to go past 80%. Remapping the throttle may prove to be extremely noticeable.

With that said, a good tune will come from a good tuner, who will probably charge a lot (more than $100). I think it has potential to be very worthwhile.
You have 5sp or 4eat?
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #9923
Silver08Waggs
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283606
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Red Bank,NJ
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Silver

Default

I've got a 5 speed and managed to get a used Cobb access port and the new throttle mapping is amazing
Silver08Waggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #9924
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver08Waggs
I've got a 5 speed and managed to get a used Cobb access port and the new throttle mapping is amazing
There was only 85 ap's for the 2.5i put out. I've seen them on here before but there rare. Think it helps with the 80% throttle problem that Jordan was talking about.

And if you don't mind, how much you pay?
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #9925
Silver08Waggs
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283606
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Red Bank,NJ
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post

There was only 85 ap's for the 2.5i put out. I've seen them on here before but there rare. Think it helps with the 80% throttle problem that Jordan was talking about.

And if you don't mind, how much you pay?
Picked it up for $250 shipped, and it definitely helps with the throttle at times it almost feels as if it's at 100% when the peddel isn't even to the floor and it tends to have a floating throttle between shifts but I haven't had it pro tuned so it's just one the stage 1 map it comes with
Silver08Waggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 2.5i and 08 Sti Suspension WRXbrother Brakes, Steering & Suspension 7 03-24-2012 02:14 PM
Will an 08 WRX intake fit an 08 2.5i? Racing101 Normally Aspirated Powertrain 26 01-19-2012 11:57 AM
08 STI Wing on 08 2.5i impreza juny102004 Interior & Exterior Modification 13 01-18-2012 09:46 AM
Will 08+ WRX gauges swap into 08+ 2.5i? Simeon Priest Interior & Exterior Modification 10 03-26-2010 02:17 PM
08 2.5i mod question deunique1 Impreza Forum 1 10-03-2007 02:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.