Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday October 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
wrxnetherlands
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 351132
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2003 Blobeye(europe)
Black

Talking Exhaust question.. need opinions!

Hi there,

Im still trying to decide what to do.
Atm i have a remus muffler (no midpipe/downpipe or anything else).
I like the sound, its just not loud enough. I preffer to have a loud exhaust, just not the raspy cheap sounding exhausts.

Now here is the thing,
I live in the netherlands and i like the Invidia N1 exhaust, the problem is i see these exhausts are like 500 dollars in america. In the netherlands the cheapest one i found was like 1000 dollars. This is just too much for me.

I dont want to add another tune or something to my car, just the exhaust need to be louder.

So, buying a cheap catback is the way to go? or maybe changing the midpipe and keeping the remus muffler? (dont have alot of knowledge about what does what).

hope someone can help me decide and help me get the awsome sound of a subbie^^
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wrxnetherlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
Whoa!ShutItDown
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 191700
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
04 WRX
silver

I have an eBay M2 exhaust (Cobb replica), link , and love it. One of my friends purchased the same one after hearing mine, and I see alot of people around my area with them. I read they rust out pretty quick if they use salt on your roads, and it happens to be my luck that theres mounds of excess salt on my roads during the winter. I sprayed mine with high temp black paint and its held up great. Theres some surface rust where it flaked off, but I literally just ordered new gaskets so I can take it off and redo it this spring. I heard the baffling rusts out and it becomes obnoxious (mines still good), Ill just buy another if that happens
Whoa!ShutItDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
wrxnetherlands
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Blobeye(europe)
Black

thanks for the reaction,

I think (from the reviews and youtube) this exhaust is pretty quiet compared to a invidia. Is the exhaust hearable inside the car when driving?

Isn't changing the midpipe of my car a option to make it louder?

(again, i dont mind it to be loud. Just no raspy cheap sounds)
Old 04-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
wrxnetherlands
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Blobeye(europe)
Black

so, i just checked ebay for some exhausts..

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Subaru-Imprez...item1e685fedbc

Will this fit onto my remus muffler? (think its the same size? will check this later today)
If it does, Will this require a tune to my car? dont want to ruin it :P.
Will it be loud enough en hearable inside the car?

thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
need4speed45
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 317767
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx
Blue

I just got the m2 turboback exhaust and I'm pretty sure its the sound your looking for. Has a very deep rumble and for the $$ you cant go wrong. The turboback was about 250 shipped. I'm sure a catback system will run a little less.
need4speed45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
wrxnetherlands
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Blobeye(europe)
Black

thanks, iŽll be looking into that one!

Will it require to rune a different tune on my car? dont want my car to run lean or anything!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #7
wrxnetherlands
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Blobeye(europe)
Black

Have been looking into the cobra centre pipe again.

Isn't it true that if i buy it i basicly have a catback? (together with my remus end section??)

i preffer to keep the sound of the remus muffler and get it loud if possible. Think the muffler is pretty expensive and sounds quite nice.

If you guys really think the ebay one is better i'll have a look. I didn't decide yet what to do so more suggestions / help would be awsome!