Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday August 30, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
gggplaya
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 139444
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza
Dark Gray

Default Bad Throw Out release Bearing?

My car is still fairly new with all highway miles. It's a 2008 impreza 2.5i with about 90,000 miles on it. The car rides and drives perfect up until this morning.

Today when i pulled into work everything was fine. Clutch works like brand new, holds perfect, no chatter, i'm sure it's got plenty of life. But when i pulled into my spot, i went to put it into first gear to park and i couldn't get it into gear and the clutch pedal was stuck to the floor. It wasn't the mat or anything, but i did manage to pull it back up manually with my toe. Now when i drive my car whenever i push the clutch in, it makes an extremely loud metal/metal squeal the entire time i push the clutch in. When i went under the hood, i manually pushed the clutch lever at the slave cylinder and it squeals as soon as i put a little pressure on it.

Does this sound like i need to replace my throw out bearing and along with it my clutch? Or could it be anything else i'm not thinking of? Can i spray something down the boot at the slave cylinder to get me by for a few days until i can work on it, or take it to a shop?

Last edited by gggplaya; 04-09-2013 at 01:55 PM.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote