Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #26
sti05subie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 240483
Vehicle:
2005 wrx sti
white

k thanks ill keep trying to figure it out.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sti05subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #27
sti05subie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 240483
Vehicle:
2005 wrx sti
white

i got it out. everything looks good. the problem is when its together the clutch will not disengage all the way. the slave cylinder seems to be working correctly. and the fork is in correctly. the clutch i bought is a cerametallic 3 pad exedy normal thickness clutch. it measures 5/16 '' thick. it was the whole kit everything was replaced. the only thing i can think of that could be the problem is: that the clutch disk is incorrect thickness, or that because the flywheel was resurfaced its causing a problem. Please help. does anyone know the distance from the surface that the disk rides on to the top of the bosses that the pressure plate bolts to? or the part number on the clutch disk? Thank you for any info you can help me with.
sti05subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:50 PM   #28
hybrid gti 2
Scooby Guru

Member#: 67004
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
02 vf30 pnp wagon
silver and cf

Exedy's website may offer some insight on how thick the disk is new and worn. My money is still on the slave or air in the system.
hybrid gti 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:06 PM   #29
jsudler
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 78189
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT Wagon
Blue

Any resolution to this?
jsudler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #30
wrxstijdm
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 254590
Vehicle:
1998 V4 Impreza STI
EJ20K engine

Bringing from the past and OLD thread, but I'm curious if this was solved and how, as I'm having the same problem...
wrxstijdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:36 AM   #31
03silverscooby
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 99644
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
'03 PSM Rex
'07 UGM TR 'g-bye'!

Went through this sort of thing for a week.. Pulled tranny 5 times until I realized I had overtightened the pressure plate bolts..
Bleed. Bleed. And then when you think your good.. Bleed the slave again.
If That doesn't work, adjust your clutch pedal.
If you've done all of that, you prob didn't install the tob correctly.
While your down there re-check pressure plate bolts. 13lbs. That's all.. Very easy to overtighten, and a b*tch if you do as the pressure plate won't disengage the clutch disc fully(or at all)..
03silverscooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #32
zumnmr2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 91154
Vehicle:
2005 WRX STi
crystal grey metallic

I'm going through this as we speak. SPEC stage 2, SPEC aluminum flywheel, new slave, new fork, new TOB (came with the SPEC clutch) New pilot bearing came with the flywheel. Bled a qt of brake fluid through system. No air was coming out. From lots of reading, it seems there still could be some air in the system. Pedal feels normal though. I'll keep bleeding it!
zumnmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote