Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday December 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #101
Blur125
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 88514
Vehicle:
2010 Outlander XLS
Brown Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi22 View Post
I got my subaru fog light kit today. I was trying to remove the plastic shroud under the fog light area. I got 2 plastic bolts off the front and a metal bolt -also off the front. In the subaru instructions on step 9, it looks like you are supposed to take one plastic bolt off the front and rear- near the wheel well, and one metal bolt off the front. I am having trouble removing the plastic bolt in the rear near the wheel well. Anyone have any advice? The front two came off easily with my plastic trim removal tool but this one seems stuck and actually bent the tool I was using. Also it looks like there is a 4th plastic bolt adjacent to the one near the wheel well, does that need to be removed too? Thanks!
I don't recall having to remove the underbody plastic entirely. Should just be 3 plastic retaining body pins to remove, then I was able to pry the underbody plastic back just enough to reach my hand up and unlatch the fog light shroud.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Blur125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #102
Phelony Jones
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 346478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur125 View Post

I don't recall having to remove the underbody plastic entirely. Should just be 3 plastic retaining body pins to remove, then I was able to pry the underbody plastic back just enough to reach my hand up and unlatch the fog light shroud.
I did remove the whole thing and regretted it. Just get access at the front and it will work fine.
Phelony Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #103
zuejay
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 353085
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
Venetian Red Pearl

Default just what I was looking for!

Very helpful!

How did the Outback fog light install go? I've found parts at good prices from a few junkyards around here, so I may go that route.
zuejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #104
Blur125
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2010 Outlander XLS
Brown Metallic

UPDATE: I've had my HID bulbs/ballasts installed on my 12' Premiums fog lights for a few months now. So far, no melting/burning and my car hasn't caught fire. What I will say is the bulbs dramatically increase visbility over the stock bulbs, however even with such a small reflective housing, there is a ton of bleed/light scatter. I would recommend retrofitting over this application. I have driven against traffic and haven't had anyone flash me to date, but that's not to say they aren't bright. Just my 2 cents and experience with installing HIDs in the fog lights-
Old 05-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #105
vanhln
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 328888

I'm new to this forum and hope I'm not breaking any rules (written or unwritten), but I recently purchased my second Impreza (2011 Impreza 2.5i plain jane) and have a question.

The car is missing the right side honeycomb fog light cover that is shown in the picture in the first post on this thread. Does anyone know the formal name or part number? Does anyone have one to sell? I can't find much information on the internet about this.

Thanks very much!
vanhln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #106
Blur125
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2010 Outlander XLS
Brown Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhln View Post
I'm new to this forum and hope I'm not breaking any rules (written or unwritten), but I recently purchased my second Impreza (2011 Impreza 2.5i plain jane) and have a question.

The car is missing the right side honeycomb fog light cover that is shown in the picture in the first post on this thread. Does anyone know the formal name or part number? Does anyone have one to sell? I can't find much information on the internet about this.

Thanks very much!
I think your best bet would be to contact a dealer for the part #, but wouldn't you rather have fogs than some ugly cover? You might also investigate as to why its missing...is there a broken tab or broken anything in the fog light hole? Would hate to replace it, only to have it fall off while driving or something.

Update: I think the formal name would be "2011 Subaru Impreza Fog Light Bezel Insert". eBay yielded no results that I could see. Best of luck!

Last edited by Blur125; 05-19-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #107
vanhln
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 328888

Thanks.... I just popped into a local Subaru at lunch and found the part (its on order). The price was reasonable.

You are correct. I'll need to see why the old one is gone......
vanhln is offline   Reply With Quote