|04-29-2013, 03:54 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brighton, MAVehicle:
2011 WRX Upgrade Progression
It seems this has been asked before, but at least not in the last few years, and I want to make sure that all the new components and members are included.
I just purchased a 2011 WRX with 20K miles on it, and I am looking to make some upgrades now that the weather is nicer.
The course I have set is as follows, and if something else should be considered let me know. I have already changed the audio, done the tint, and have the RallyArmor mud flaps.
1. CBE - Was considering Perrin, Cobb, SPT and Invidia (if I'm feeling crazy)
2. Boost and AFE gauges mounted on the Dash (Any other gauges?)
3. Downpipe, Intake and Tuner all at once
4. Up pipe and cross pipes
5. Turbo upgrade
Now, this is my first time working on cars, and all I seem to do is research and never purchase :/ Now that I have a stock pile of cash, I am looking to do 1-3 in one weekend and go crazy.
Let me know on any guidance, or anyone in the Boston area I can meet with to talk about this!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|04-29-2013, 04:22 PM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Orange County, NYVehicle:
2012 WRX stage 2+
If by years you mean one day then yes, it hasn't been asked since then.
1) Go to local meets to see which one sounds best (to you)
2) I believe you meant AFR? Oil pressure/temp are also nice to throw in there, but that depends on the capacity of the mounting pod you choose.
3) Catted or catless? Do you know what boost creep is and how to fix it? Who is tuning it?
4) If you actually searched, you would see that an uppipe on an already catless uppipe is pointless unless you go with an EWG.
5) Do you know what is even required for a turbo upgrade?