Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Texas Impreza Club
Texas Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Gillman Subaru Houston
and Gillman Subaru San Antonio
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
bslate3
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 246271
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Crowley, TX
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Default DFW Motul Oil Dealers???

Does anybody know where I can find motul 8100 x-cess 5w-40 oil (preferably in Fort Worth) on a Saturday? Because of my job, Saturday is the only day I can go out and get some.

Thanks for the help.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bslate3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
2_fast
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 237523
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Joshua, TX
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Wagon
OBP

Default

According to Motul's website, there is a few in Tarrant county. I was curious myself as I'm in Joshua. I can give a few a call today to see if any carry them.

Worse case, I can probably pick some up from COBB for you.
2_fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
draco159
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 204121
Join Date: Feb 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, Tx
Vehicle:
2005 WRX Wagon
CGM

Default

Alamo Autosports in Arlington
draco159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #4
blakkboxer
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 167244
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: DFW, Tx
Vehicle:
2k3 WRX MBP
black & gold is pimpin'

Default

^this
blakkboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
SGC2CIC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 286908
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas Texas
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STI
2014 EVO GSR

Default

I get mine from Cobb and they are open saturdays
SGC2CIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
giveme5bux
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 85053
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: uk no more...dfw
Vehicle:
06 EVO ocho rally
car #151

Default

Alamo in arlington. Tell Brice, rally Josh sent you. I can order you some but it's a day delivery time.
giveme5bux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
yeahdudebrown
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 72345
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Arlington, Tx
Vehicle:
Sold 05' CGM Wrx &
08' AW FXT :(

Default

yeahdudebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #8
bslate3
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 246271
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Crowley, TX
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Default

I ended up going to Alamo Autosports. Oil is now changed with Motul. I told the owner I was using Mobile 1 synthetic, he said "I'm sorry!" haha. Now I know better.
bslate3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #9
Trae32566
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 353990
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Arlington, Texas
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX 4dr
Black

Default

Tried Amsoil? I haven't changed my WRX over to it yet, but I love the long oil change intervals
Trae32566 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #10
the_newt
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320788
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas, TX
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza WRX
Red

Default

In the future, there's always Texas track works over by seminary and 35. They have all of motul's lubricants I believe. They just seem to struggle with carbotech brake pads.
the_newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #11
Chino Bling
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 129743
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: DFW
Vehicle:
2009 335i
Jet Black

Default

Last time I checked, Import Car Center in Grapevine carries it as well.
Chino Bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #12
SGC2CIC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 286908
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas Texas
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STI
2014 EVO GSR

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae32566 View Post
Tried Amsoil? I haven't changed my WRX over to it yet, but I love the long oil change intervals
True car enthusiasts do ever 3,000 miles no matter what the company claims you can do it at. If you don't check your oil levels and just do oil changes every 10,000 miles or whatever you're just asking to have rod bearing failure
SGC2CIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:54 AM   #13
Griever423
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 118749
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_newt View Post
In the future, there's always Texas track works over by seminary and 35. They have all of motul's lubricants I believe. They just seem to struggle with carbotech brake pads.
+1 on Texas Track Works.
Griever423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #14
awdtuning.com
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 183645
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: 2807 Justin Rd, Flower Mound
Vehicle:
2007 STi & 09 SpecB
www.awdtuning.com

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGC2CIC View Post

True car enthusiasts do ever 3,000 miles no matter what the company claims you can do it at. If you don't check your oil levels and just do oil changes every 10,000 miles or whatever you're just asking to have rod bearing failure
I strongly, and politely disagree with this statement. I run Amsoil and change my oil every 6,000 miles in my legacy. Many many of our customers do the same.
We have had the specific Amsoil that we use (Premium Protection 10w40) tested by Blackstone labs at 6,000 and again at 7,500 miles and they came back saying the oil was still 100%.
We don't ever see any bearing issues with this.
Now using a high mileage off the shelf oil that you can buy at Walmart and doing this will cause issues. The cheaper quality oils break down faster thus causing bearing issues.
awdtuning.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #15
Griever423
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 118749
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGC2CIC View Post
True car enthusiasts do ever 3,000 miles no matter what the company claims you can do it at. If you don't check your oil levels and just do oil changes every 10,000 miles or whatever you're just asking to have rod bearing failure
I'll agree with you on checking oil levels being important. There was a guy at a recent track event that hadn't checked the oil in his WRX in a month and after a couple laps he came into the pits with BAD bottom end noise. He pulled the dipstick and it was DRY. When I had my STi I checked my oil every time I got gas.

Using a good oil like Motul 300v allows for long oil change intervals. Still, if you're changing oils or have never done a UOA then it's prudent to do so before trying to go 6-7k miles on a single change.
Griever423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #16
SGC2CIC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 286908
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas Texas
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STI
2014 EVO GSR

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdtuning.com View Post

I strongly, and politely disagree with this statement. I run Amsoil and change my oil every 6,000 miles in my legacy. Many many of our customers do the same.
We have had the specific Amsoil that we use (Premium Protection 10w40) tested by Blackstone labs at 6,000 and again at 7,500 miles and they came back saying the oil was still 100%.
We don't ever see any bearing issues with this.
Now using a high mileage off the shelf oil that you can buy at Walmart and doing this will cause issues. The cheaper quality oils break down faster thus causing bearing issues.
I'm answering in the perspective of a regular consumer who daily drives their car. The regular consumer who daily drives their car is not trained to check their oil levels every week. It doesn't matter what super duper oil you use, if you don't check the levels and your car burns oil like alot of our engines tend to do, if it gets too low and there's no lubrication there will be failure.

Now if you own or work at your own car shop and are constantly in the mindset about maintenance and oil and reminded on a daily basis and can check your oil levels very frequently then yes you could go every 6,000 miles. But that's in a perfect world and most people are too busy to check their oil levels that often to widely spread info to not worry about it for 6,000 miles.
SGC2CIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:43 AM   #17
Griever423
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 118749
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGC2CIC View Post
I'm answering in the perspective of a regular consumer who daily drives their car. The regular consumer who daily drives their car is not trained to check their oil levels every week. It doesn't matter what super duper oil you use, if you don't check the levels and your car burns oil like alot of our engines tend to do, if it gets too low and there's no lubrication there will be failure.

Now if you own or work at your own car shop and are constantly in the mindset about maintenance and oil and reminded on a daily basis and can check your oil levels very frequently then yes you could go every 6,000 miles. But that's in a perfect world and most people are too busy to check their oil levels that often to widely spread info to not worry about it for 6,000 miles.
Is it really that tough to check your oil while your gas is pumping?
Griever423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #18
SGC2CIC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 286908
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas Texas
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STI
2014 EVO GSR

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever423 View Post

Is it really that tough to check your oil while your gas is pumping?
I would guess the majority of subie owners don't check their oil levels every time they get gas. It's just not something everybody thinks about.

Is it a good thing to do? Absolutely! I wish I did it more but the fact is people are busy and easily forget and/or put it off.
SGC2CIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.