Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 13, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Baja Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
cball917
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 353732
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo
Silver

Default 2006 baja turbo experience for upgrade

Looking at doing some mods. What are some of you guys running on your turbo Baja? Looking for reviews I guess . Up pipe, down pipe, exhaust, intake mods..... Thanks in advance
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cball917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
JungleFevre
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 260153
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
5-Speed

Haven't installed anything yet... So far I have:
FP 68hta turbo
STI TMIC
Forge BOV and OEM (haven't decided which to use)
Walbro 255lph
Megan Catless UP
Godspeed Catless DP (figured I'd take a chance with a cheap one because I can weld)
Grimmspeed Lightweight Crank pulley
Hallman Pro MBC
Fujita CAI
Innovate AFR gauge and Prosport Boost gauge
(I think thats everything so far...)

Just need a set of Sidefeeds (either 740's or 850's)
JungleFevre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
ascott13
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 234966
Vehicle:
2004 Baja Turbo
black/gunmetal

i'd say start small... pick up a tactrix cable and start learning RomRaider for engine tuning. The tune is where the biggest gains are to be made on a stock Baja Turbo.

A catless up pipe is also a good idea since the cat will eventually fail and puke its guts into your turbo.

If you plan on increasing the boost output above the stock 12-ish PSI, you'll need to either swap out the restrictor pill in the stock boost control setup, or convert to a 3-port setup like the Grimspeed solenoid (get the one for the 04 STI to get the right bolt-on bracket). This will REQUIRE tuning to get the new boost control solenoid working correctly, otherwise you'll be hitting the overboost CEL all the time.

A downpipe and exhaust would be good as well, but there are not many options made specificly for the Baja... i used a WRX downpipe, but it requires a bit of material to be removed from a bracket down low on the firewall (not much, but still has to happen). then i had an exhaust shop hook up the stock-ish exhaust (Previous owner had it hacked together with a flow master muffler) to the 3-inch output from the down pipe. this has served me well so far since i've moved on to bigger toys (c5 corvette) and the Baja is my back-up / poor weather car now.

The APS cold air intake for the 04-07 STI will fit, but requires custom brackets to be made to hold it correctly in the fender, etc. This will give you the fun "WOOOSH" noises of an aftermarket blow off valve without the fuel-air management issues that a vent-to-atmosphere setup often causes on the subaru engines.
ascott13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
cball917
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 353732
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo
Silver

Thanks for the info
cball917 is offline   Reply With Quote