Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #1
Subyroo2.5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 168129
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: High Desert
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WRBP

Default '13 wrx alarm question

With the hood up and the alarm on when I closed the hood the horn honks like 5 times. Why is this, is there an alarm on the hood like the doors?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Subyroo2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:31 AM   #2
Subyroo2.5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 168129
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: High Desert
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WRBP

Default

Bump and does anyone know why my Bluetooth radio won't seek my iphone when I get In the car? I have to seek the Bluetooth radio with my iphone.
Subyroo2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
jling0311
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349142
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru WRX
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subyroo2.5 View Post
Bump and does anyone know why my Bluetooth radio won't seek my iphone when I get In the car? I have to seek the Bluetooth radio with my iphone.
you need to sync it with the head unit AND the controls on the steering wheel
jling0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:19 AM   #4
tilegend
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295565
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subyroo2.5 View Post
With the hood up and the alarm on when I closed the hood the horn honks like 5 times. Why is this, is there an alarm on the hood like the doors?
did you read the owners manual?

"If any of the doors, (rear gate or trunk lid)is not fully closed, an electronic chirp
sounds five times, the turn signal lights
flash five times to alert you that the doors
(or the rear gate) are not properly closed.
When you close the door, the system will
automatically arm and doors will automa-
tically lock."
tilegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
Subyroo2.5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 168129
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: High Desert
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WRBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jling0311 View Post

you need to sync it with the head unit AND the controls on the steering wheel
The controls on the steering wheel work. They control the volume and can move to the next song on pandora.
Subyroo2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
Subyroo2.5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 168129
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: High Desert
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WRBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilegend View Post

did you read the owners manual?

"If any of the doors, (rear gate or trunk lid)is not fully closed, an electronic chirp
sounds five times, the turn signal lights
flash five times to alert you that the doors
(or the rear gate) are not properly closed.
When you close the door, the system will
automatically arm and doors will automa-
tically lock."
Ya I read the manual it says nothing about the hood. The car arms the alarm normally and locks all the doors. When I close the hood then it beeps several times...
Subyroo2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
Subyroo2.5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 168129
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: High Desert
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WRBP

Default

If I arm the car with the window down and wait the 30 seconds until its armed, reach in and pop the hood, when I open the hood the horn honks and the lights flash like 5 times.......strange it doesn't alarm like opening a door.
Subyroo2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #8
oG Subie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 227794
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Kelso, WA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
Crystal Black Silica

Default

My alarm goes off when I unlock and open my door usuing just the key, not sure why.. Anyone know why?
oG Subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #9
Tripintaz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 245218
Join Date: Apr 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: FL
Vehicle:
2013 STI Limited

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subyroo2.5 View Post
Ya I read the manual it says nothing about the hood. The car arms the alarm normally and locks all the doors. When I close the hood then it beeps several times...
Thats the vehicle shock sensor warnign that something is triggering it.
Tripintaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.