Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
badvw68
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 76166
Vehicle:
68 STI Powered VW

Default Header Ground Clearance?? Scooby Powered VW Bug - Pics inside

Hey Guys,

As you see with my pics attached, I am in need of more ground clearance on the header. Currently, I have a Ebay special that works (and drags a bit) but I am wanting to get a new header that would gain me at least 2" or if the bottom header tube could be even with the upper that would work too.

Can anyone give me some advice as which to go with solely regarding ground clearance?

Or, does anyone on here make a nice custom header for others? I have the turbo in the stock location, and an OE replacement would be fine as long as it is tucked up more than what I currently have.

Stats:

1968 VW Bug
2000lbs with me in it
EJ207 STI
Blah Blah Blah

Thanks in advance!

Alden
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
badvw68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
icanfly
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 176929
Vehicle:
2005 STI Powered Dub
Carbon Black

badvw68,
I'm building a 69 IRS based project that's got some different parts but we are close. I built mounts to get my motor up a bit higher. Can you tell me about your build?

Trans?
Suspension?
Torsion bars?
Stock oil pan?
Drivelines?

thanks.
icanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:31 AM   #3
jdogma
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 242350
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2013 Carma Wolf EZ30
black

Outfront motorsports makes headers that I think may have more clearance. They will also make changes to suit, or at least they did for my application - Subaru EZ 30R mid engined track day car . Very reasonable prices too.
jdogma is offline   Reply With Quote