Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday April 19, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #9351
Tweeked STI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349217
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Norridge, IL
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
WRB

Default

If I can talk this other guy from IWSTI to come out with his STI that will make it 4 then.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Tweeked STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #9352
nickeudier
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 196386
Join Date: Dec 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Saint Ignace, MI
Vehicle:
2013 WRX @njeudier
SWP

Default

Yes finally came home yesterday to 3 missed phone calls from the Dealership. I called them back and well... TWO WEEKS YEEEEEEEEE!
nickeudier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #9353
turbogc8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 26540
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Bryant, AL
Vehicle:
2001 Turbo GC8 sold
2013 DGM WRX Hatch

Default

Finally got an answer on when the auto transport is bringing me my car. Car gets picked up Monday and will be delivered to my dealership on Wednesday. Sucks that I don't have it for the holiday weekend, but at least I have an actual eta. So 5 more days....
turbogc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #9354
jerseytiger
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338254
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Flemington, NJ
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
Sedan SWP

Default

I'm officially a Subaru owner, and a graduate of this thread. Picked up the car this morning and got to drive 70 miles home in the pouring rain.

The deal went smoothly, but my car was factory ordered yet had 18 miles on the odometer. Not a deal breaker by any means, but kinda annoyed that someone was probably out joyriding my car before me. Seems a little high compared to the others who have posted odometer shots.

Another thing that I didn't notice until I got home, and parked the car in the garage under direct down light, was that either the paint or the plastic on the hood scoop doesn't look right. It has some curved ridges in it, that are tough to see outside on an overcast and rainy day. I didn't notice it while at the dealership.

I sent my salesman an email, so we'll see what he says.
jerseytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #9355
OMS1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 349135
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: 60463/15601
Vehicle:
2013 PBP WRX 5-door

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeked STI View Post
If I can talk this other guy from IWSTI to come out with his STI that will make it 4 then.
If you wait till July when mine comes in, make it cinco.
OMS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #9356
SAL-23
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 3474
Join Date: Jan 2001
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASHxMONEYxMIKE View Post
Can I ask where the hell did you get approved for 1.74%? Lol I got about 30 minutes to search around just to throw some numbers at my dealer to see if he can match or beat it
You should still shop for a credit union to try to refinance it. You can knock about 2% off your rate and you can usually keep it as a new vehicle within a few months after purchase if they happen to offer lower rates on new. The lowest are around 1.5% but every institution has different terms and stipulations so you have to find the best that fits you (i.e. length of term can be determined by different factors like amount, vehicle year, value, etc). That's the cheapest money you can get and at these rates it makes more sense to finance as much as you can afford for the longest time possible since the interest paid is a pitifully low amount.
SAL-23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #9357
CASHxMONEYxMIKE
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 228719
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Chicago NW Suburbs
Vehicle:
2013 STi
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL-23 View Post

You should still shop for a credit union to try to refinance it. You can knock about 2% off your rate and you can usually keep it as a new vehicle within a few months after purchase if they happen to offer lower rates on new. The lowest are around 1.5% but every institution has different terms and stipulations so you have to find the best that fits you (i.e. length of term can be determined by different factors like amount, vehicle year, value, etc). That's the cheapest money you can get and at these rates it makes more sense to finance as much as you can afford for the longest time possible since the interest paid is a pitifully low amount.
I like your thinking sir. Ill search around, I'm gonna check out my bank as well. I'm at 3.5 now, I won't bother unless I can hit like a 2.5 or lower.
CASHxMONEYxMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #9358
turbogc8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 26540
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Bryant, AL
Vehicle:
2001 Turbo GC8 sold
2013 DGM WRX Hatch

Default

4....more....days.....AHHHHHH!!!!
turbogc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #9359
GoneFishing
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350279
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseytiger View Post
I'm officially a Subaru owner, and a graduate of this thread. Picked up the car this morning and got to drive 70 miles home in the pouring rain.

The deal went smoothly, but my car was factory ordered yet had 18 miles on the odometer. Not a deal breaker by any means, but kinda annoyed that someone was probably out joyriding my car before me. Seems a little high compared to the others who have posted odometer shots.

Another thing that I didn't notice until I got home, and parked the car in the garage under direct down light, was that either the paint or the plastic on the hood scoop doesn't look right. It has some curved ridges in it, that are tough to see outside on an overcast and rainy day. I didn't notice it while at the dealership.

I sent my salesman an email, so we'll see what he says.
Mine had 17, I'm pretty sure my dealer took it for a spin, but in the bigger picture it isn't a big deal seeing as he also drove it about 20 miles to park it in my garage for me. So as of now I've yet to see her, but that'll all change tomorrow afternoon!! Rex , don't feel too bad, I waited 20 weeks, plus this past month of preparing in FLA to move back to NH from FL. Would've felt funny driving her before I walked at commencement anyways.
GoneFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #9360
Brent22
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 350169
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Lititz, Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishing View Post
Mine had 17, I'm pretty sure my dealer took it for a spin, but in the bigger picture it isn't a big deal seeing as he also drove it about 20 miles to park it in my garage for me. So as of now I've yet to see her, but that'll all change tomorrow afternoon!! Rex , don't feel too bad, I waited 20 weeks, plus this past month of preparing in FLA to move back to NH from FL. Would've felt funny driving her before I walked at commencement anyways.
Do they reset the Odometers? Mine came with 7 on the Odometer but 15 on the Trip A/B odometer. It was getting 8mpg :/
Brent22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #9361
turbogc8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 26540
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Bryant, AL
Vehicle:
2001 Turbo GC8 sold
2013 DGM WRX Hatch

Default

7 on the odo and 15 on the trip? That's weird. And to my knowledge its actually illegal for them to reset the odometer once it is installed in the vehicle on the line.
turbogc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #9362
RyderFell
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350915
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Lancaster, PA
Vehicle:
2004 FXT Premium
Aspen White

Default

I'd be super suspicious of that. Sounds fishy to me.
RyderFell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #9363
SubieLuvin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248202
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyderFell View Post
I'd be super suspicious of that. Sounds fishy to me.
That's sketchy
SubieLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #9364
TrueBlueLS
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 146616
Join Date: Apr 2007
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WRB

Default

Mine had 9 on the odometer when I picked it up. Since then, I've put another 120 on since yesterday.

TrueBlueLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #9365
SAL-23
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 3474
Join Date: Jan 2001
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX

Default

Your mpg usually starts low and gradually increases after a fill up. Mine had 5mi on all. I think my dealer either had gas at their location or the trip was less than a mile both ways. If it were over 50 miles I might be a little worried, otherwise, I wouldn't get stressed about it.
SAL-23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #9366
Theriddler07sms
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 357319
Join Date: May 2013
Default

Picked up my '13 in December. Came off the truck the day I got it. Now has 14k miles. Best gas mileage is around 55mph. I get 30+ constantly going that speed on the interstate.

Only mods so far are mud flaps and Cobb short shifter with bushings.

Picking up q300 exhaust next month.
Theriddler07sms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #9367
ryanpate88
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 354767
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wichita ks
Vehicle:
2013 Sti
Wr Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishing View Post

Mine had 17, I'm pretty sure my dealer took it for a spin, but in the bigger picture it isn't a big deal seeing as he also drove it about 20 miles to park it in my garage for me. So as of now I've yet to see her, but that'll all change tomorrow afternoon!! Rex , don't feel too bad, I waited 20 weeks, plus this past month of preparing in FLA to move back to NH from FL. Would've felt funny driving her before I walked at commencement anyways.

Youve got a 50/50 shot. The techs are supposed to put 10 miles on the car during the pre delivery inspection. Most would tell you "aint nobody got time for that" you just have to trust your tech and salesman are professionals.


Most dont tho ive seen cars on our toyota lot with 2 miles on em.
ryanpate88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #9368
schleges
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 354680
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rochester, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanpate88 View Post

Youve got a 50/50 shot. The techs are supposed to put 10 miles on the car during the pre delivery inspection. Most would tell you "aint nobody got time for that" you just have to trust your tech and salesman are professionals.

Most dont tho ive seen cars on our toyota lot with 2 miles on em.
Went down stairs to get me a cold POP!
schleges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #9369
GoneFishing
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350279
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default

I'm in love, and its been real people, I'm not savy/nor ambitious enough to create some account to host pictures, so y'all will have to use your imaginations. Peace!
GoneFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #9370
Slimsti
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 155696
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle:
2007 BLK STI Dom3XTR
415/405 Precision Tuning

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleges View Post

Went down stairs to get me a cold POP!
I aint grab my shoes or nothin Jesus
Slimsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:13 AM   #9371
schleges
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 354680
Join Date: Apr 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rochester, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimsti View Post

I aint grab my shoes or nothin Jesus
The smoke got me! And I got bronchitis!
schleges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #9372
sk8ferlife7
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314431
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MN
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

Default

Well mine arrived today, but I have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up due to service being closed ):

My eta was 5/28. So pretty damn close.

Will Post Some pics later if I happen to drive by the dealer and see it.
sk8ferlife7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #9373
turbogc8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 26540
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Bryant, AL
Vehicle:
2001 Turbo GC8 sold
2013 DGM WRX Hatch

Default

I'm surprised you didn't set up camp at the dealership.
turbogc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #9374
JustinPGH
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 344834
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5-Door Lmtd
DGM

Default

Well, my car is supposed to arrive today. I got a call from my dealer yesterday confirming that the eta is still today...

I took the day off (since I'm going on vacation tomorrow, no point in working one day this week) so I'm ready if I get the call. I can walk to the dealership from my house. If I get the call, I might just run.
JustinPGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #9375
V3rtigo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 262020
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Milwaukee
Vehicle:
2013 STi-Limited
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeked STI View Post
If I can talk this other guy from IWSTI to come out with his STI that will make it 4 then.
Should make for a good time. Just broke 1000 miles this weekend btw.
V3rtigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.