Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 2, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #26
Angelus911
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89967
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

I've switched to the handle as well, but I haven't had the latch issue in about 3 weeks now, either
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Angelus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #27
MCarp22
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 102684
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza
Deep Cherry

Default

The Subaru logo is on the middle of the hatch, so you get less leverage than the handle at the bottom.
MCarp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #28
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarp22 View Post
The Subaru logo is on the middle of the hatch, so you get less leverage than the handle at the bottom.
I don't know that I agree with this. A user should be able to get more than enough leverage to close a hatch regardless of whether he's using the handle or anyplace on the exterior edge of the hatch.

The fact that many of the people complaining about this and saying that they're "slamming" their latches closed (and sometimes still not getting the hatch to latch properly) would suggest that this isn't a leverage problem.
sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #29
MCarp22
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 102684
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza
Deep Cherry

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
A user should be able to get more than enough leverage to close a hatch regardless of whether he's using the handle or anyplace on the exterior edge of the hatch.
I agree with that.

/doesn't have problems with the hatch
MCarp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #30
John451
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321966
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sydneys South, Australia
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i H
Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
The fact that many of the people complaining about this and saying that they're "slamming" their latches closed (and sometimes still not getting the hatch to latch properly) would suggest that this isn't a leverage problem.
After working out very quickly one reason for the hatch not closing was accidently touching the open button under the Subaru badge we still used to have the not shutting problem semi regularly on ours though it seems to have gone away since our last service, was wondering if they aligned it as a known issue ?

Last edited by John451; 07-04-2013 at 01:15 PM.
John451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #31
bruuster
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310131
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Limited
Satin White Hatchback

Default Quieting the hatch

I felt like I had to slam my hatch to close it consistently and it seemed very loud and hollow. I popped of the inner plastic of the hatch and added some 1 inch thick egg crate foam pieces. (The insulation from the factory is only about 1/4 inch) I also loosened and re-tightened the latch hook. Now I can close the hatch normally and the sound is muffled. Helps dampen the noise while driving as well.
bruuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #32
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruuster View Post
I felt like I had to slam my hatch to close it consistently and it seemed very loud and hollow. I popped of the inner plastic of the hatch and added some 1 inch thick egg crate foam pieces. (The insulation from the factory is only about 1/4 inch) I also loosened and re-tightened the latch hook. Now I can close the hatch normally and the sound is muffled. Helps dampen the noise while driving as well.
A very simple thing I did to improve the solidity of the sound when closing the hatch is to attach the rear license plate using four screws instead of just the two top screws as installed by the dealer. That right there gets rid of a huge rattling sound when closing the hatch!

sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.