Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Tri-State Area Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > Tri-State Area Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #1576
Donzo
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 95337
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Putnam/Westchester NY
Vehicle:
2012 Jeep Overland

Default

Hey guys I'm selling my Spec.B! Let me know if you or anyone you know is interested. Thanks!







* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Donzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #1577
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celosteelo View Post

Great numbers!! Thats on the EFI Dyno?

Thats a sexy freight train!
Yes sir, EFIs dyno
sexyyrex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #1578
celosteelo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 80062
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
06 STi

Default

Wow... Beastly.
celosteelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #1579
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celosteelo View Post
Wow... Beastly.
she did 380 on pump with literally no timing on 21 psi the pump gas map is just for when I run out of e85

Last edited by sexyyrex; 08-19-2013 at 08:00 AM.
sexyyrex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #1580
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

sexyyrex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #1581
DC5edSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131261
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Old Greenwich, CT
Vehicle:
2007 SWP STi >500whp
2003 Corvette ZO6 391whp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyyrex View Post
put down 471whp/454ft lbs on e85 on a moderate tune today on 26psi. pulls like an effing freight train
Damn dude those are some stellar #s on only 26psi! Stock cams? What are you revving it too? I should hook my GoPro to the ZO6 and we should do some pulls. I'll get walked @ only 391whp, but it would still be fun.

Either way I want a ride!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfunk720 View Post
Caffine and Carboretors in New Canaan tomorrow morning if anyone is interest!?


Those are some healthy numbers Max! You plan on going for more or stopping there?
Cars looking quite proper Greg. Photoshoot? I'm in Newport this weekend but free the following weekend.

How was the New Cannaan car show? When's the next one? I'll def go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
Hey guys I'm selling my Spec.B! Let me know if you or anyone you know is interested. Thanks!

Car looks awesome. How much power is it putting down. I've got a buddy looking to move on from his B7 A4 with APR flash... But is looking for something with more power.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyyrex View Post
she did 380 on pump with literally no timing on 21 psi the pump gas map is just for when I run out of e85
At least you can still have fun on pump gas as that should pull nicely too.
DC5edSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #1582
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5edSTI View Post
Damn dude those are some stellar #s on only 26psi! Stock cams? What are you revving it too? I should hook my GoPro to the ZO6 and we should do some pulls. I'll get walked @ only 391whp, but it would still be fun.

Either way I want a ride!!!

Cars looking quite proper Greg. Photoshoot? I'm in Newport this weekend but free the following weekend.

How was the New Cannaan car show? When's the next one? I'll def go.

At least you can still have fun on pump gas as that should pull nicely too.
Yeah man! Stock valvetrain. She rev's out to 7100-7200 I believe. I'm down for some Z06 pulls. I think you'll get me as the torque curve's are different, but we can def try!

I'm down for the New Cannan Cars and coffee when the car has some more e85 in her. Should be picking up some tonight, might head to the derby meet.
sexyyrex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #1583
Gfunk720
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 42549
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: You can find me in the 203
Vehicle:
E92 BMW M3
2011 VW TDI Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5edSTI View Post
Cars looking quite proper Greg. Photoshoot? I'm in Newport this weekend but free the following weekend.

How was the New Cannaan car show? When's the next one? I'll def go.
I'm game. Know of any good spots?

The New Canaan car show was a bit of a bust. It was about 15 M3 that showed up, and they left relatively early. I didn't realize that it was an M meet, and not the typical Caffine and Carboretors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyyrex View Post
Yeah man! Stock valvetrain. She rev's out to 7100-7200 I believe. I'm down for some Z06 pulls. I think you'll get me as the torque curve's are different, but we can def try!

I'm down for the New Cannan Cars and coffee when the car has some more e85 in her. Should be picking up some tonight, might head to the derby meet.
What happend, you guys have too much fun on Saturday? I heard you bitched out JK. It was probably better you didn't make the trip down.

I have to imagine you'd fair pretty well against the Z06 as well. The short gearing is probably what would hurt you the most.
Gfunk720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #1584
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfunk720 View Post
I'm game. Know of any good spots?

The New Canaan car show was a bit of a bust. It was about 15 M3 that showed up, and they left relatively early. I didn't realize that it was an M meet, and not the typical Caffine and Carboretors.



What happend, you guys have too much fun on Saturday? I heard you bitched out JK. It was probably better you didn't make the trip down.

I have to imagine you'd fair pretty well against the Z06 as well. The short gearing is probably what would hurt you the most.
Saturday I had some family up from long island that I hadn't seen in a while. Being an Italian family and all we had WAY too much food and WAY too much wine. Coupled with the fact I hadn't had any sleep all weekend, I passed out Saturday night at 930 and didn't wake up until Sunday at 11
sexyyrex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #1585
DC5edSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131261
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Old Greenwich, CT
Vehicle:
2007 SWP STi >500whp
2003 Corvette ZO6 391whp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyyrex View Post
Yeah man! Stock valvetrain. She rev's out to 7100-7200 I believe. I'm down for some Z06 pulls. I think you'll get me as the torque curve's are different, but we can def try!

I'm down for the New Cannan Cars and coffee when the car has some more e85 in her. Should be picking up some tonight, might head to the derby meet.
Yea those are great numbers for 26psi on stock valve train.

No way dude.... From a 60mph roll if you're brake boosting I'm gonna get walked hard.

I actually think I've got a better chance from a dig... I can get this car off the line real well with consistent 0-60mph around 4.0s... and 1-3 gears are just mean.

But let's set something up for next week or week after....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfunk720 View Post
I'm game. Know of any good spots?

The New Canaan car show was a bit of a bust. It was about 15 M3 that showed up, and they left relatively early. I didn't realize that it was an M meet, and not the typical Caffine and Carboretors.



What happend, you guys have too much fun on Saturday? I heard you bitched out JK. It was probably better you didn't make the trip down.

I have to imagine you'd fair pretty well against the Z06 as well. The short gearing is probably what would hurt you the most.

Depends on what we wanna do. There are so many beach parking lots for some costal shots.... Maybe some woods shots off of 136 or 57. Or corporate with an office park in Stamford, Norwalk, or Wilton. Or my fiancÚ parents have a gorgeous back county mansion in Greenwich that we could shoot in front of...

I'm down for any or all of the above.
DC5edSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #1586
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5edSTI View Post
Yea those are great numbers for 26psi on stock valve train.

No way dude.... From a 60mph roll if you're brake boosting I'm gonna get walked hard.

I actually think I've got a better chance from a dig... I can get this car off the line real well with consistent 0-60mph around 4.0s... and 1-3 gears are just mean.

But let's set something up for next week or week after....




Depends on what we wanna do. There are so many beach parking lots for some costal shots.... Maybe some woods shots off of 136 or 57. Or corporate with an office park in Stamford, Norwalk, or Wilton. Or my fiancÚ parents have a gorgeous back county mansion in Greenwich that we could shoot in front of...

I'm down for any or all of the above.
i'm down for a shoot if you'd have me. I could always use some better pictures and hell yeah, lets get a few runs in. Trying to get a cars and coffee together, no one seems interested.

Whats going on with the STI Mac?
sexyyrex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #1587
DC5edSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131261
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Old Greenwich, CT
Vehicle:
2007 SWP STi >500whp
2003 Corvette ZO6 391whp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyyrex View Post
i'm down for a shoot if you'd have me. I could always use some better pictures and hell yeah, lets get a few runs in. Trying to get a cars and coffee together, no one seems interested.

Whats going on with the STI Mac?

Haha I wasn't implying it was a private shoot... Anyone and everyone is welcome... More the better.... Cars and coffe is cool with me cause I love both.

So yea we'll do some pics, some runs, maybe some food. It'll be good.


So yea lets set something up for next week or weekend.

Eh I just don't have the funds or time for the sti at the moment, wedding, honeymoon, and the zo6 are bigger priorities at the moment... The car needs a major overhaul of the fuel system and motor as nothing looks or is acting right.... It's a real damn shame what happened.
DC5edSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #1588
bug_sti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324406
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: 860
Vehicle:
03 V7 RHD NEXT
WRB

Default

I think we should get a penfield beach meet up going again for some photos been messing around with lightroom a lot recently here are some edits










Mac- send me your email and I will send you the Ferrari in the pits shot!
bug_sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #1589
Gfunk720
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 42549
Join Date: Aug 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: You can find me in the 203
Vehicle:
E92 BMW M3
2011 VW TDI Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5edSTI View Post
Eh I just don't have the funds or time for the sti at the moment, wedding, honeymoon, and the zo6 are bigger priorities at the moment... The car needs a major overhaul of the fuel system and motor as nothing looks or is acting right.... It's a real damn shame what happened.
How's the Z06 looking after the repair? Superchargar time?

I would totally not hesitate to talk about what happend if the vendor/shop is failing to stand behind their work. I feel for you, as I know what you have tied up in that thing.

Last edited by Gfunk720; 08-22-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Gfunk720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #1590
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

From what I understand, he's keeping it quiet, for now. This particular shop has a reputation for doing shady work and not standing behind their product, almost always blaming the consumer. Quite sad actually.

lets try to get this off the ground...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...9#post40456899

nice pics Colin.
sexyyrex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #1591
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

here we go guys, shes up. like it, suggest it to friends.

https://www.facebook.com/DanburyCarsAndCoffee
sexyyrex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #1592
DC5edSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131261
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Old Greenwich, CT
Vehicle:
2007 SWP STi >500whp
2003 Corvette ZO6 391whp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug_sti View Post
I think we should get a penfield beach meet up going again for some photos been messing around with lightroom a lot recently here are some edits

Mac- send me your email and I will send you the Ferrari in the pits shot!
Sent.

McLaren F1 is so drool worthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfunk720 View Post
How's the Z06 looking after the repair? Superchargar time?

I would totally not hesitate to talk about what happend if the vendor/shop is failing to stand behind their work. I feel for you, as I know what you have tied up in that thing.
Z06 is looking great! Body shop did an awesome job. Did a last minute photoshoot at the beach on Wednesday.













I'm not going to because it accomplishes nothing, especially since it wouldn't be a news flash to anyone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyyrex View Post
From what I understand, he's keeping it quiet, for now. This particular shop has a reputation for doing shady work and not standing behind their product, almost always blaming the consumer. Quite sad actually.

lets try to get this off the ground...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...9#post40456899

nice pics Colin.

Exactly.... The reputation was already tainted before me, I was just blinded by stupid loyalty. Shame on me.


Like I said I'm def down for cars and coffee but I'll be in Newport this weekend so I can't.
DC5edSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #1593
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5edSTI View Post
Sent.

McLaren F1 is so drool worthy!



Z06 is looking great! Body shop did an awesome job. Did a last minute photoshoot at the beach on Wednesday.













I'm not going to because it accomplishes nothing, especially since it wouldn't be a news flash to anyone...




Exactly.... The reputation was already tainted before me, I was just blinded by stupid loyalty. Shame on me.


Like I said I'm def down for cars and coffee but I'll be in Newport this weekend so I can't.
All good Mac! Next time! Car looks phenomenal.
sexyyrex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #1594
celosteelo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 80062
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
06 STi

Default

Great turn out Max!
celosteelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #1595
DC5edSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131261
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Old Greenwich, CT
Vehicle:
2007 SWP STi >500whp
2003 Corvette ZO6 391whp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyyrex View Post
All good Mac! Next time! Car looks phenomenal.
Thank you sir.
DC5edSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #1596
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celosteelo View Post
Great turn out Max!
yeah! hopefully we get more people at the next one. I'm still in shock that my car beat up on an ALPHA 6.
sexyyrex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #1597
DC5edSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131261
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Old Greenwich, CT
Vehicle:
2007 SWP STi >500whp
2003 Corvette ZO6 391whp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyyrex View Post
yeah! hopefully we get more people at the next one. I'm still in shock that my car beat up on an ALPHA 6.
I knew that car was gonna be a beast! That's really badass, although I'm not sure what the exact specs on an Alpha 6 GTR are... Yea you'll make very short work of the ZO6!
DC5edSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #1598
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5edSTI View Post
I knew that car was gonna be a beast! That's really badass, although I'm not sure what the exact specs on an Alpha 6 GTR are... Yea you'll make very short work of the ZO6!
i'm not sure if he just didnt know how to drive or what, but I had him by 3 cars to a buck thirty. alpha 6 is basically full bolt ons, inlets, injectors and a tune. made 591whp on weapon grades dyno apparently, and i know for a fact it made 552whp on EFI's dyno haha. I can tell you that my car leaves INCREDIBLY hard off brake boost, so I dont think he expected it, so maybe he wasn't high up in his rev range.

Last edited by sexyyrex; 08-26-2013 at 11:19 AM.
sexyyrex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #1599
DC5edSTI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131261
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Old Greenwich, CT
Vehicle:
2007 SWP STi >500whp
2003 Corvette ZO6 391whp

Default

Ohh wow that's kinda sad actually... Aren't GTRs supposed to be super easy to drive... Just point and shoot.... Good for you then for making big power while rowing your own gears, taking down a big power paddle shift Godzilla.
DC5edSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #1600
sexyyrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 128022
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Danbury, CT
Vehicle:
2009 WRB STi
2007 Nissan Altima

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5edSTI View Post
Ohh wow that's kinda sad actually... Aren't GTRs supposed to be super easy to drive... Just point and shoot.... Good for you then for making big power while rowing your own gears, taking down a big power paddle shift Godzilla.
Sorry, should've clarified. MY car leaves super hard under brake boost. I know my car has a large weight advantage over his as well. Maybe that coupled with my driving skills vs his has an advantage over his GTR, could simply be that my car is just faster.
sexyyrex is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Danbury Chat ANT03IMPREZA Tri-State Area Forum 8865 02-22-2012 09:05 AM
WTB : Borrow/Buy Tactrix 2.0 NY chiefchankton Private 'Wanted' Classifieds 0 02-22-2012 07:12 AM
FS : Danbury, CT: Custom 2.5" WRX catback exhaust, $50 jamesfacts Tri-State Area Private Classifieds 32 10-12-2011 11:30 AM
Danbury Chat V2.0 FkVtech Tri-State Area Forum 1 12-09-2009 09:25 PM
A Chat with 2 Iraqis OriginalSin Political Playground 93 02-02-2005 11:38 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.