Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday April 18, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > General Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2001, 02:53 AM   #1
Imprezer
Dynamic Uno

Member#: 1
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX STi
Black

Exclamation Censorship, closed threads, rules, ect.

Greetings fellow i Club members!

In the last few days we have had couple of incidents with people not liking the rules, regulations and actions of the founders and the moderators of the i Club. Some radical actions have been taken which upset some of the people. We had everything from pictures and entire posts censored to people bashing other people and more. All this has to stop. At the Detroit Auto Show, Nick and I were complemented many times by the SOA representatives on how we run this club. They told us that the club is very mature and very respectful to all people, sexes, races, ect. That really meant a lot to us. We have done a lot of things to make it work this way and we want to try to do everything possible to keep it that way. That is why we needed help and we found 2 great people to help us do the job. Subie Gal and 8Complex became the moderators of the i Club. Their job is to make sure that everything stays under control and that everyone is following the rules and the regulations of the i Club. We trust these 2 people and authorize them to do anything and everything necessary to maintain and improve the maturity level at which we are today. We approve them to delete, close and censor anything that they feel is needed to be moderated. So, that means that Nick and I would do exactly the same if we had time to do so. Moderators are doing what they have been asked to do. I truly believe that those 2 are the perfect for their job as they represent the entire spectrum of the members.

Lets look at some examples:

1. A picture of a girl in shorts and t-shirt sitting in the car will not be censored. A picture of a girl in her bra and underwear will be censored. Same rules apply to any nude/half nude/somewhat nude pics of the guys.

2. Any post with the "f" word spelled and used in any way will be edited and/or closed and/or deleted. That includes the spelling of that word in which most of the letters are substituted with the &*^% or any other symbols.

3. Any other posts with "bad" words will be moderated. If you are not sure if the word you want to you will be moderated, drop us a line and we will be happy to tell if it is ok or not to use that word. This way we will avoid any misunderstanding.

4. Any steetracing related threads could be moderated if the moderators or Imprezidents feel that they are not appropriate here. If you are not sure if the story you want to tell the world about will be moderated, drop us a line and we will be happy to tell if it is ok or not to use that word. This way we will avoid any misunderstanding.

5. Any public bashing of any members is not allowed. Use e-mails and PMs to argue with other members.

Sometimes, in any of the above 5 examples, the distinction between the right and wrong can be hard to do. That is when the moderators or Imprezidents use their common sense to make a decision on whether or not a certain post needs to be moderated.

In case, 8Complex or Subie Gal does anything that you disagree with, PM or e-mail Nick or/and me for the explanation and/or apology if needed. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD ASKING WHY YOUR THREAD WAS MODERATED!!! Let me say it again, DO NOT START A NEW THREAD ASKING WHY YOUR THREAD WAS MODERATED!!! If we find that your post was moderated unfairly, we will take actions and do everything possible to fix the problem.

I can see clearly that the entire club is growing as a group and becoming closer than ever. I am happy to see that. Some people gave up and left forever while others came back after a short break. i Club has a great future and lets not let small things like that stay in the way of our progress.

Please post your "Ay" or "Nay" here. Please do not post any long arguments, as this post is my statement and not a topic for discussion.

Thanks for listening,

Alex "Imprezer"