Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 6, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Alaskan Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Alaskan Impreza Club Forum -- AKIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #2751
Dominator
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 156712
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Vehicle:
1991 Legacy SS
Pearl White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Maybe try emailing them? Why you gotta call so much for?!
Trying to get a shipping to Alaska issue fixed. I like calling because its faster than emailing.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #2752
NegativeOne
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 133568
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, AK
Vehicle:
2011 WRX-His
2006 LGT-Hers

Default

Having to poop right after you get out of the shower.
NegativeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #2753
exogen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 355393
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage!
Vehicle:
03 wrx 4eat
psm

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeOne View Post
Having to poop right after you get out of the shower.
You might as well crawl back into bed and start the day over.
exogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #2754
Bootsy907
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 284695
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Midnight Blue

Default

WGMG:

Waiting till the next paycheck to get new parts .... If only they just pay us out for the PFD.
Bootsy907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #2755
exogen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 355393
Join Date: May 2013
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage!
Vehicle:
03 wrx 4eat
psm

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsy907 View Post
WGMG:

Waiting till the next paycheck to get new parts .... If only they just pay us out for the PFD.
Think they said pfd is under 800$ this year too.
exogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #2756
AK907TRE
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 230886
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchortown
Vehicle:
02 wrx,in a coma
loaned a 2001 rs coupe

Default

It's that damned fiscal year of 2009 that's been biting our PFD's in the arse. GMG.
AK907TRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:23 AM   #2757
kyletakahero
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 185030
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, AK
Vehicle:
2008 FXT Sport
Aspen white

Default

I agree to just paying out Alaskans and being done with it.
Key word being Alaskans. I believe you should be a resident for at least 5 years to qualify for a payout.
kyletakahero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:27 AM   #2758
LiLpNoY
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 94836
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage
Vehicle:
2oo5 STi Aspen
2o12 PiLoT CherrY

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyletakahero View Post
I agree to just paying out Alaskans and being done with it.
Key word being Alaskans. I believe you should be a resident for at least 5 years to qualify for a payout.
Make it 10!
I think they should change the 1 year to 3 years.
LiLpNoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:27 AM   #2759
JC19
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328791
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: AK
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exogen View Post
Wow, did you wait for the guy to show up so you could point out his stupidity?
Wasn't worth my time to wait for idiots like that. However, I need to start carrying those insult cards for those who can't park even if their lives depended on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosseywrx View Post
I do bad things to cars that do that.
I was so tempted to let air out of the front tires, but I figured it wasn't worth the grief if someone started screaming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Maybe try emailing them? Why you gotta call so much for?!
Because when it comes to returns, phone calls definitely help to expedite things.
JC19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #2760
LiLpNoY
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 94836
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage
Vehicle:
2oo5 STi Aspen
2o12 PiLoT CherrY

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC19 View Post
Wasn't worth my time to wait for idiots like that. However, I need to start carrying those insult cards for those who can't park even if their lives depended on it.

I was so tempted to let air out of the front tires, but I figured it wasn't worth the grief if someone started screaming.

Because when it comes to returns, phone calls definitely help to expedite things.
Letting the air out of their front tire? Are you freaking an idiot? Was there any damage done to your car? You would endanger the life or lives of your fellow americans because they parked to close to your car?
LiLpNoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #2761
Mavrik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 90347
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage AK
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ & Imp 2.5RS
Yamaha FZ8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLpNoY View Post
Letting the air out of their front tire? Are you freaking an idiot? Was there any damage done to your car? You would endanger the life or lives of your fellow americans because they parked to close to your car?
truth.
Mavrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #2762
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC19 View Post

Because when it comes to returns, phone calls definitely help to expedite things.
He stated that he kept having to hear the hold music looping, therefore I assumed that calling actually wasn't much more effective than emailing. Because at least with emailing, you can go live your life without listening to hold music repetitively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLpNoY View Post
Letting the air out of their front tire? Are you a freaking idiot? Was there any damage done to your car? You would endanger the life or lives of your fellow Americans because they parked too close to your car?
Before ElementAK fixed my tire it kept dropping to about 10psi and pulling to the left. Having had other flat tires, I highly doubt that his letting the air out of dude's tire would suddenly cause the car to flip or anything drastic. You can still steer the car, it's just much, much, much more annoying to correct.

I'm not saying he's right, but I'm failing to see where going from Park to Drive would suddenly cause an accident.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #2763
LiLpNoY
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 94836
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage
Vehicle:
2oo5 STi Aspen
2o12 PiLoT CherrY

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post

He stated that he kept having to hear the hold music looping, therefore I assumed that calling actually wasn't much more effective than emailing. Because at least with emailing, you can go live your life without listening to hold music repetitively.

Before ElementAK fixed my tire it kept dropping to about 10psi and pulling to the left. Having had other flat tires, I highly doubt that his letting the air out of dude's tire would suddenly cause the car to flip or anything drastic. You can still steer the car, it's just much, much, much more annoying to correct.
Really if the driver can't park in a straight line, I highly doubt they check their tire pressures. Also your endangering everyone that drives the same road. Seeing that they are from the lower 48, driving a truck, and winter is coming.
LiLpNoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #2764
bjcarter2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 227288
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Palmer, AK
Vehicle:
2006 MCS JCW
Pepper White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Before ElementAK fixed my tire it kept dropping to about 10psi and pulling to the left. Having had other flat tires, I highly doubt that his letting the air out of dude's tire would suddenly cause the car to flip or anything drastic. You can still steer the car, it's just much, much, much more annoying to correct.

I'm not saying he's right, but I'm failing to see where going from Park to Drive would suddenly cause an accident.
That's funny you say that.

When I was at Element yesterday, a rollback garbage truck turned the corner from 6th onto Ingra. His right front tire was flatter than hell and riding on the rim. I tried to way him down and he missed seeing me. He stopped at 5th and when the light changed, continued driving. I was just SMH!

The idiot had NO idea he had "0" pressure on a semi truck tire on the front!
bjcarter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #2765
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLpNoY View Post
Really if the driver can't park in a straight line, I highly doubt they check their tire pressures. Also your endangering everyone that drives the same road. Seeing that they are from the lower 48, driving a truck, and winter is coming.
I just read all that as the driver's got skillz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcarter2 View Post
That's funny you say that.

When I was at Element yesterday, a rollback garbage truck turned the corner from 6th onto Ingra. His right front tire was flatter than hell and riding on the rim. I tried to way him down and he missed seeing me. He stopped at 5th and when the light changed, continued driving. I was just SMH!

The idiot had NO idea he had "0" pressure on a semi truck tire on the front!
Example of skillz.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:34 AM   #2766
JC19
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328791
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: AK
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLpNoY View Post
Letting the air out of their front tire? Are you freaking an idiot? Was there any damage done to your car? You would endanger the life or lives of your fellow americans because they parked to close to your car?
Gee, overreact much? Just because I said I thought about it doesn't mean I'd actually do it. Should I start lecturing you on stuff you've thought about doing, but didn't? Sometimes you just gotta vent.

Chill out a little bit.
JC19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:43 AM   #2767
cosseywrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 276443
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Abilene, TX
Vehicle:
2005 2.1 stroker WRX
OBP

Default

I sell chill pills
cosseywrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:48 AM   #2768
LiLpNoY
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 94836
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage
Vehicle:
2oo5 STi Aspen
2o12 PiLoT CherrY

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC19 View Post
Gee, overreact much? Just because I said I thought about it doesn't mean I'd actually do it. Should I start lecturing you on stuff you've thought about doing, but didn't? Sometimes you just gotta vent.

Chill out a little bit.
Maybe I need to be lectured about dumb ideas. I don't mind criticism. We all do stupid things all the time and need to be called out on it. Otherwise the behavior would continue.

Sorry, sometimes I forget this is a public forum and we don't all know each other. I apologise if I came off a little harsh.
LiLpNoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:51 AM   #2769
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

That's why I use a knife to flatten tires. Much more obvious that way, I think.

Unless you're this unfortunate fellow. Then it's TOO obvious.

chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:18 AM   #2770
BLURRZ
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291227
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
PSM

Default

BLURRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:27 AM   #2771
Dominator
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 156712
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Vehicle:
1991 Legacy SS
Pearl White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
He stated that he kept having to hear the hold music looping, therefore I assumed that calling actually wasn't much more effective than emailing. Because at least with emailing, you can go live your life without listening to hold music repetitively.
And I'm currently on hold with them again. SAME MUSIC. It's terrible. It's like a piano solo, about 3 minutes long.

The reason I keep calling is to keep the bug in their ear until I get the shipping issue resolved. I'm doing it for the greater good of Alaskans everywhere!
Dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:15 AM   #2772
FourWeeks
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 363670
Join Date: Jul 2013
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage
Vehicle:
1990 Nissan 240SX
Alpine White

Default

WGMG: VIS carbon fiber trunks!!!

Just spent 4 hours attempting to put Matter3's CF trunk onto my car and the damn thing would not fit tried taking off torsion bars, switching locks, adjust brackets up and down but nothing worked.

Does anyone have any experience with these things?
FourWeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #2773
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominator View Post
And I'm currently on hold with them again. SAME MUSIC. It's terrible. It's like a piano solo, about 3 minutes long.

The reason I keep calling is to keep the bug in their ear until I get the shipping issue resolved. I'm doing it for the greater good of Alaskans everywhere!
We do appreciate your sacrifice. I still contend that you're a glutton for punishment, but I'm still building evidence for that case. The investigation is ongoing.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:58 AM   #2774
Bugeyeguy13
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 248211
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Wasilla
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx jdm spec-c

Default

What grinds my gears is that the biggest volunteer fingerprint database is being sponsored by apple with the new I phone5s
Bugeyeguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:04 AM   #2775
tribalwrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 32993
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: anchorage,alaska
Vehicle:
vf39 Best trap 110
Best ET 12.51 Dale tuned

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeyeguy13 View Post
What grinds my gears is that the biggest volunteer fingerprint database is being sponsored by apple with the new I phone5s
Like that huh...
tribalwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanna know what grinds my gears? "The RMIC Pet Peeve Thread" pumpkyn Rocky Mountains Impreza Club Forum -- RMIC 868 10-18-2013 01:58 PM
Its June, and this is what grinds my gears... psychoskip Off-Topic 67 08-03-2012 09:50 PM
You what grinds my gears ? GEE-OTTO Off-Topic 18 02-03-2011 02:50 PM
You know what grinds my gears? Evil_STI South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 69 08-13-2006 06:31 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.