Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday September 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
konman146
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 344553
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza Wrx
Silver

Default Crawford AOS installed wrong?

I didnt know wether to post this in the modifications section or the newb section so i went with the newb section. I installed a crawford aos on my 02 wrx about 7 months ago. the crank case T tube that crawford gives you wouldn't work for my generation of wrx so i used the stock one. as you know, the stock tube has two arms for the lines. one arm is higher than the other. well my mistake was that i installed the hose that dumps the oil from the aos to the crank case on the higher arm and the vent hose on the lower one. my question is; is it possible for the hose on the lower arm to suck up the oil coming through the hose thats hooked to the upper arm?

i've recently switched the hoses so that they are the way they're supposed to be. i'll attach two pictures of how it is now (the right way). i had it backwards before.

i've been seeing white smoke from my exhaust at idle recently which is why i'm curious about this. i haven't done a comp test or pulled my dp or turbo inlet to check for turbo seals gone bad. those will be my next steps if this doesnt help. it starts to smoke when its warmed up and sits at idle for a good 30 to 60 seconds. ive looked up these systems and I'm thinking either turbo seals or ringlands. but i wanted to see what you guys thought about this first. thanks

konman146 is offline   Reply With Quote