Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday April 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #26
sexyypants
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 347122
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default

Hmm Yakima was gonna charge me and I have a 2013 sport. But luckily ill just do it at my work fpr free
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sexyypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #27
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetes View Post
I had my '12 Sport at the dealer this past Friday for an alignment. The service writer said that Subaru pays for the first alignment on new cars. So I got an alignment and a tsb fix performed at no charge! This is Carter Subaru in Shoreline, WA. YMMV!
When did you get it?
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #28
CLL_OBP
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310435
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Carolina
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetes View Post
I had my '12 Sport at the dealer this past Friday for an alignment. The service writer said that Subaru pays for the first alignment on new cars. So I got an alignment and a tsb fix performed at no charge! This is Carter Subaru in Shoreline, WA. YMMV!
Up to how long? Must be a dealer thing. I got a card in the mail about a week ago saying "Happy One Year Anniversary" or something like that. It had a coupon for a free car wash. It went right in the trash 'cause I wash my car all the time and it's always clean. A free alignment would have been nice or a coupon for 50% off an accessory, if I can be picky for a moment.
CLL_OBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #29
myrt1987
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 323103
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: toms river, nj
Vehicle:
2012 Limited 2.0i
Dreamy Gray Mistress

Default

Yea i wash/wax my own car too. You have to, unless you dont car about swirls. Ive seen new cars washed that looks like they scrubbed it with a dirty broom.

Back on topic: I plan on trying to get a free alignment done under warrantee whether i need it or not. Im assuming the extended warrantee has this covered.
myrt1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #30
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrt1987 View Post
I plan on trying to get a free alignment done under warrantee whether i need it or not. Im assuming the extended warrantee has this covered.
Let us know if you find out if this free alignment thing is a Subaru thing or a dealer-choice thing.
sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #31
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
Let us know if you find out if this free alignment thing is a Subaru thing or a dealer-choice thing.
ya, i forgot to ask when i was at the dealer on monday
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #32
PAO56
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 304676
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Ltd 5DR
Deep Cherry Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteg View Post
The car is setup and spec'd with negative camber on the front and rear from the factory. I know the manual says to rotate front to back only with no crossing, but with as much negative camber is in the car, especially the rear, I would do a rotation patter that would allow all 4 tires to be in a different corner of the vehicle after 4 rotations.

Something like...cross fronts to the rear, bring rear straight forward, or vice versa as long as you do it the same everytime.
rotated the fronts to the rear along the same side and crossed over the rears to the front....will see how the wear pattern goes now....the dealership did check the alignment specs and all was good at the 30K service.....
PAO56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #33
CLL_OBP
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310435
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Carolina
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default Attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the deal people: Since jetes hasn't responded from the March 10 post, I called Carter Subaru in Shoreline, WA a few minutes ago and the service writer double check to confirm Subaru does pay for the "First" alignment.

With that, I went to the SOA website to find the customer service number 'cause now I'm pissed I paid $100 for this. The wait time was only about 5 minutes and I talked to a woman named Martina. She confirmed it also and stated my dealership should have charged us (Subaru) for the first alignment and it's only during the 3yr/36K warranty period. She is going to contact my dealership next week to inquire about what happened and touch base with me by Friday.
CLL_OBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #34
aeoporta
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 334126
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2013 5mt Sp Premium
Venetian Red & Dark Gray

Default

That works
aeoporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #35
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLL_OBP View Post
Here's the deal people: Since jetes hasn't responded from the March 10 post, I called Carter Subaru in Shoreline, WA a few minutes ago and the service writer double check to confirm Subaru does pay for the "First" alignment.

With that, I went to the SOA website to find the customer service number 'cause now I'm pissed I paid $100 for this. The wait time was only about 5 minutes and I talked to a woman named Martina. She confirmed it also and stated my dealership should have charged us (Subaru) for the first alignment and it's only during the 3yr/36K warranty period. She is going to contact my dealership next week to inquire about what happened and touch base with me by Friday.
great news!
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #36
jetes
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313012
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington State, USA
Vehicle:
2012 Imp Sport 5MT
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Sorry guys. After you asked, I did email two different contacts at Carter asking about the free alignment but did not receive a response. I guess a phone call works better than email. Nice work on the follow-up CLL.
jetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #37
CLL_OBP
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310435
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Carolina
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetes View Post
Sorry guys. After you asked, I did email two different contacts at Carter asking about the free alignment but did not receive a response. I guess a phone call works better than email. Nice work on the follow-up CLL.
No biggie. Phone did work better than email in this case since I got an immediate answer from both places I was just thinking about it as I was taking a break from checking and cleaning the spark plugs. I went to SOA website to get the number so I could call on Monday but was surprised to see customer service is open on Saturdays. IIRC, from 9 to 3 EST.
CLL_OBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #38
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLL_OBP View Post

No biggie. Phone did work better than email in this case since I got an immediate answer from both places I was just thinking about it as I was taking a break from checking and cleaning the spark plugs. I went to SOA website to get the number so I could call on Monday but was surprised to see customer service is open on Saturdays. IIRC, from 9 to 3 EST.
Was your alignment out of spec? My dealer said Subaru won't pay for it unless there is another problem requiring it, ie bad tie rod

Edit, yes it was out of spec, but my dealer won't even check it....hmm maybe I need to call SOA
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #39
Angelus911
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89967
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

Do you guys think its worth it to get an alignment done right after I put my new winter tires on this year?
Angelus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #40
goregasm
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 331656
Join Date: Sep 2012
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i
Marine Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus911 View Post
Do you guys think its worth it to get an alignment done right after I put my new winter tires on this year?
Right before works too


Edit: to get a quick reply from the dealer be a little bit of a dick (quote SOA) but maintain class. Be assertive

Last edited by goregasm; 09-17-2013 at 12:46 PM.
goregasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #41
CLL_OBP
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310435
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Carolina
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post

Was your alignment out of spec? My dealer said Subaru won't pay for it unless there is another problem requiring it, ie bad tie rod

Edit, yes it was out of spec, but my dealer won't even check it....hmm maybe I need to call SOA
Yeah I would call SOA. My dealership didn't have a problem checking mine. It was on a slow Saturday morning when I went in. Still, if Subaru allows one free alignment during the warranty period, they have no reason to deny you.
CLL_OBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #42
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLL_OBP View Post

Yeah I would call SOA. My dealership didn't have a problem checking mine. It was on a slow Saturday morning when I went in. Still, if Subaru allows one free alignment during the warranty period, they have no reason to deny you.
I will call my other dealer, the one in the town I work at doesn't have a rack

Just looking at my old tires, the inside 1/2 is more worn then the outer

Last edited by flyboy1100; 09-17-2013 at 11:24 AM.
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #43
Angelus911
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89967
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

I should look at my stockers too, just from glancing at them it looks like the tread is fairly low already - and I only have 22,000 miles total on the car, minus winter driving with winter tires
Angelus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #44
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus911 View Post
I should look at my stockers too, just from glancing at them it looks like the tread is fairly low already - and I only have 22,000 miles total on the car, minus winter driving with winter tires
That's interesting. My car's mileage is very similar to yours, and I also use winter tires from Thanksgiving through early April. My stock tires seem to be wearing quite well. I'm sure they'll get me through this summer season, and next summer season too.

FWIW, I inflate my tires 3 psi higher than shown on the door jam label. So I go with 35 psi front/33 psi rear, and I check my tire pressure when the tires are cold.
sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #45
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post

That's interesting. My car's mileage is very similar to yours, and I also use winter tires from Thanksgiving through early April. My stock tires seem to be wearing quite well. I'm sure they'll get me through this summer season, and next summer season too.

FWIW, I inflate my tires 3 psi higher than shown on the door jam label. So I go with 35 psi front/33 psi rear, and I check my tire pressure when the tires are cold.
Running 3 over put the middle at the wear bars at 30k...

My new tires I'm running at stock psi, they handle much better and are a much stiffer tire anyway.I can feel every little bump now....
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #46
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
Running 3 over put the middle at the wear bars at 30k...

My new tires I'm running at stock psi, they handle much better and are a much stiffer tire anyway.I can feel every little bump now....
Mine are wearing evenly. They aren't wearing faster in the middle. I have a tire gauge, so I'm not just eyeballing it.

What are your new tires?
sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #47
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post

Mine are wearing evenly. They aren't wearing faster in the middle. I have a tire gauge, so I'm not just eyeballing it.

What are your new tires?
Mine looked like they were, but off the rim it was really easy to see. I measured them 1500 miles ago and they were fairly even, so most of the unevenness was recent.

Continental PureContact
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #48
goregasm
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 331656
Join Date: Sep 2012
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i
Marine Blue Pearl

Default

This is xxxx from Walser Subaru. *You are correct about having the vehicle aligned, Subaru will pay for one alignment on you vehicle, however this is only covered as a repair to solve an alignment problem. *There are some repair shops that recommend an alignment as maintenance. *This is not needed because alignment issues will always show up as either not driving straight or uneven tire wear. *It is also only covered once because while driving if a large enough pot hole is hit it can change the alignment and Subaru would not be responsible for that repair. *So what exactly are your symptoms that you would like to resolve? *I can set up an appointment for you and we can look into what will be required to repair it.



Just FYI everyone
goregasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #49
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goregasm View Post
This is xxxx from Walser Subaru. *You are correct about having the vehicle aligned, Subaru will pay for one alignment on you vehicle, however this is only covered as a repair to solve an alignment problem. *There are some repair shops that recommend an alignment as maintenance. *This is not needed because alignment issues will always show up as either not driving straight or uneven tire wear. *It is also only covered once because while driving if a large enough pot hole is hit it can change the alignment and Subaru would not be responsible for that repair. *So what exactly are your symptoms that you would like to resolve? *I can set up an appointment for you and we can look into what will be required to repair it.

Just FYI everyone
My dealer who has the rack says that Subaru likes to see the tires for warranty reasons, but I don't have them now and I'm going Thursday for the appointment
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #50
CLL_OBP
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310435
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Carolina
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post

My dealer who has the rack says that Subaru likes to see the tires for warranty reasons, but I don't have them now and I'm going Thursday for the appointment
Wow, they are really putting you through the wringer. If all the old tires wore unevenly , I don't see why it's such a hassle to put your car up on the rack and check it.
CLL_OBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.