Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday September 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #51
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLL_OBP View Post

Wow, they are really putting you through the wringer. If all the old tires wore unevenly , I don't see why it's such a hassle to put your car up on the rack and check it.
I have no idea. They also said to put the car on the rack it would be 69.99. If there is something even 0.2 different between the 2 sides I am going to make them adjust it. Especially since I'm paying for it. Hopefully it is further out, so it will be easier to have covered. I took a pic of 1 of the tires, but not all of them.

Also going to find exact warranty verbiage tonight to see what it says. My take is if it is out of spec in under 36k, it should be covered......

Edit:I can't find anything in the warranty that says it covers it, maybe it is in the actual book in the car?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by flyboy1100; 09-17-2013 at 08:34 PM.
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #52
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
If there is something even 0.2 different between the 2 sides I am going to make them adjust it.
If possible. There is one adjustment in particular (rear camber, I believe, but I might be remembering incorrectly) that isn't adjustable.
sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #53
79letour
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

Rear cannot be adjusted.
79letour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #54
CLL_OBP
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310435
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
I have no idea. They also said to put the car on the rack it would be 69.99. If there is something even 0.2 different between the 2 sides I am going to make them adjust it. Especially since I'm paying for it. Hopefully it is further out, so it will be easier to have covered. I took a pic of 1 of the tires, but not all of them.

Also going to find exact warranty verbiage tonight to see what it says. My take is if it is out of spec in under 36k, it should be covered......

Edit:I can't find anything in the warranty that says it covers it, maybe it is in the actual book in the car?
See under "What is Covered", third bullet.

https://www.subaru.com/my-subaru/warranties-2012.html
CLL_OBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #55
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLL_OBP View Post

See under "What is Covered", third bullet.

https://www.subaru.com/my-subaru/warranties-2012.html
Adjustment services, I will point that out tomorrow
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #56
CLL_OBP
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310435
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
Adjustment services, I will point that out tomorrow
Yup and that's exactly what an alignment is, an adjustment. Tell'em they're supposed to bill Subaru and not you. They can call and find out for themselves, which I'm sure what will happen.
CLL_OBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #57
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLL_OBP View Post
Yup and that's exactly what an alignment is, an adjustment. Tell'em they're supposed to bill Subaru and not you. They can call and find out for themselves, which I'm sure what will happen.
catch all however?

Quote:
What is Not Covered:

Maintenance and Adjustment Services; Normal Deterioration
These warranties do not cover the cost of parts or labor involved in performing any normal maintenance services. There is also no coverage for normal deterioration or fading of paint, soft trim, cosmetic and appearance items.
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #58
CLL_OBP
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310435
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
catch all however?

Quote:
What is Not Covered:

Maintenance and Adjustment Services; Normal Deterioration
These warranties do not cover the cost of parts or labor involved in performing any normal maintenance services. There is also no coverage for normal deterioration or fading of paint, soft trim, cosmetic and appearance items.
I take that to mean it's not covered after the "one time only". That's what Martina @ SOA told me. Jetes got his done, jr0bb5 and myself got refunds, so the best thing to do is have them call.
CLL_OBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #59
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

will do
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #60
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

At dealer now, they said they should be able to bill it to warranty. No fight on my part, will report when done
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #61
CLL_OBP
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310435
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Good to hear :thumbs up:
CLL_OBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #62
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

billed to warranty

steering is much more neutral now, ie i can turn the wheel and it won't start to turn back by itself.

flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #63
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
steering is much more neutral now, ie i can turn the wheel and it won't start to turn back by itself.
But isn't the steering wheel supposed to be self-centering by design?
sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #64
goregasm
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 331656
Join Date: Sep 2012
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i
Marine Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post

But isn't the steering wheel supposed to be self-centering by design?
Yeah I don't know what his problem is. You could kill someone if they're not ready for your car to continue a sharp turn when they release your steering wheel.
goregasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #65
79letour
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 302570
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: dear old dixie
Vehicle:
2013 XV
DGM!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
But isn't the steering wheel supposed to be self-centering by design?
Yes it is, unless you're driving a forklift!
79letour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #66
CLL_OBP
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310435
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
billed to warranty

steering is much more neutral now, ie i can turn the wheel and it won't start to turn back by itself.
Wow! You definitely needed that.
CLL_OBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #67
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goregasm View Post

Yeah I don't know what his problem is. You could kill someone if they're not ready for your car to continue a sharp turn when they release your steering wheel.
It will recenter if you turn more then just a slight turn. I.e. most won't notice it, but I was being critical of the alignment
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #68
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLL_OBP View Post

Wow! You definitely needed that.
Yup, weird thing is all 4 tires were worn the same, I had performed 4 rotations. So it must of been that way on delivery
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #69
jsteg
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 329271
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Lady's Island, SC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Limited
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
billed to warranty steering is much more neutral now, ie i can turn the wheel and it won't start to turn back by itself.
Nothing in this printout shows an alignment that's out bad enough to cause dangerous steering situations like was described.
jsteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #70
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteg View Post
Nothing in this printout shows an alignment that's out bad enough to cause dangerous steering situations like was described.
only with very slight movements, anything "normal" the wheel will self correct as it is supposed too
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #71
ausubimpreza
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 245054
Join Date: Apr 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 2.5
Charcoal

Default

Put new tires on my impreza sport 2013 and had it aligned. They said they couldn't align the rear left tire. Is this a problem I should go to Subaru about?




I don't know if this might help.
ausubimpreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #72
jsteg
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 329271
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Lady's Island, SC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Limited
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausubimpreza View Post
Put new tires on my impreza sport 2013 and had it aligned. They said they couldn't align the rear left tire. Is this a problem I should go to Subaru about? I don't know if this might help.
Nope! Camber is not adjustable on our cars from the factory! All the more reason to stick to a strict rotation schedule! Also another reason I don't like uni-directional tires!
jsteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:57 AM   #73
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

I will be curious to hear what the dealership will do about a non-adjustable settings that's out of spec.
sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #74
Xilikon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 382821
Join Date: Feb 2014
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza Touring
Dark gray metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
I will be curious to hear what the dealership will do about a non-adjustable settings that's out of spec.
Usually, if that setting is out of whack, it mean that a suspension part is defective and should be replaced under warranty. When the suspensions parts is ok, the numbers should be ok as well.
Xilikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #75
jsteg
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 329271
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Lady's Island, SC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Limited
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausubimpreza View Post
Put new tires on my impreza sport 2013 and had it aligned. They said they couldn't align the rear left tire. Is this a problem I should go to Subaru about? I don't know if this might help.
Any updates??
jsteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.