Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday April 16, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Murdock1084
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 344328
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Default Cobb Stage 1 data log. Updated!!

Just added the accessport and SF intake. I flashed it to stage 1 +SF 93. Have no idea what to look at on the chart so some input would be great.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1RC...it?usp=sharing
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Murdock1084; 09-22-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Murdock1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
thogue
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 353686
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi
DGM

Looks fine at a glance, However, the professionals will probably suggest you go and log a pull, starting from the 2-2.5k range and ending in the 4.5-redline range (All depending on safety, your confidence in the tune etc, obviously logging lower rpms is better if you are concerned / or see issues. this is what the e-tuners seem todo while ramping up their custom maps.

That being said, no FKL, FK is a good thing. A/F learning 1 looks good. I suggest you go take another log before the pros start to look through this
thogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
Murdock1084
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Thanks for the input. Will try to get another one shortly
Old 09-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
Murdock1084
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Old 09-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #5
thogue
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 353686
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi
DGM

reminds me of when I started logging, I was unaware / afraid to WOT the car, I thought i was opening the throttle a lot but I was not.

I could be mistaken but the first thing you want to see on a WOT pull is 100.0s across the Throttle %

I found one towards the end, 3,100 rpms to 4,700 with WOT. Looks good to me still; I see nothing concerning. I see you peaked just over 18 pounds. (which I believe is the boost target for s# in that map or close).
thogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdock1084 View Post
Hi there. As mentioned, if you can do so safely, try to get something like a 3rd gear only run from 2500 RPM on up (as high as you feel you can safely go before redline given conditions). That will give us an extended run to look up. As far as your last log, there is a semi-short run and it looks fine at least as far as the short run goes.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
Murdock1084
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Last edited by Murdock1084; 09-22-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

There is one small timing correction in there right as the turbo spools that we need to keep an eye on. What type of gas did you have in the tank when this log was taken?

Try taking another log to see if that is still there or if it was just a one time thing. If that correction is still present on the next log, it would be a good idea to try the Stage1+SF 91 mapping. That may be a better match for your car and fuel quality.

Chris
Old 09-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #9
Murdock1084
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Do you think its an issue with the gas? I had just put in about 8 gallons of 93. I always put in 93 so thats why I did the 93 mapping. I have a small pull from this morning in 3rd i am going to upload. Thanks for your advice.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #10
Murdock1084
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
There is one small timing correction in there right as the turbo spools that we need to keep an eye on. What type of gas did you have in the tank when this log was taken?

Try taking another log to see if that is still there or if it was just a one time thing. If that correction is still present on the next log, it would be a good idea to try the Stage1+SF 91 mapping. That may be a better match for your car and fuel quality.

Chris
These are really short due to area I live in. Cant really get a good one without getting in trouble. The first one is crappy but I had it so here you go.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #11
TheWRXinMe
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 364877
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
DGM

delete

Last edited by TheWRXinMe; 09-23-2013 at 10:40 PM.
TheWRXinMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #12
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdock1084 View Post
Do you think its an issue with the gas? I had just put in about 8 gallons of 93. I always put in 93 so thats why I did the 93 mapping. I have a small pull from this morning in 3rd i am going to upload. Thanks for your advice.
The more power you make the more impact the quality of the fuel has. We generally recommend getting gas from Top Tier retailers. Or you can talk to local car guys and/or performance shops to see what brands and stations have the best quality 93 octane in your area.

Those new logs look a little better. There is still a small stored timing correction right at ~3500 RPM, but the ECU has taken a chunk out of it since the first log. You should be good to continue running this map and keep good gas in the tank. Take a log every once and a while to make sure that timing correction doesn't get any worse.

If you do want to be more conservative on the car, you can switch to the 91 octane mapping while continuing to run 93 octane in the tank. That will give you a little more of a safety buffer with only a small decrease in power. Some guys will run that combination if they are not looking to get every bit of power out of the car.

Chris
Old 10-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #13
Murdock1084
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post

If you do want to be more conservative on the car, you can switch to the 91 octane mapping while continuing to run 93 octane in the tank. That will give you a little more of a safety buffer with only a small decrease in power. Some guys will run that combination if they are not looking to get every bit of power out of the car.

Chris
Do you not run the risk of running rich and burning up plugs more often and problems with O2 sensors? All put the last map is ran on 91 map and the last one on 93 map with 93 Non ethanol