Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #301
stimania
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 233957
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Cumberland,MD
Vehicle:
2012 STI Hatch
SWP

Default

Dgm widebody wrx sedan at lowes this morning, Parked down lower like maybe it was an employee? Also a wrb widebody hatch Sunday morning/afternoon in the target parking lot. Wasn't close enough but looked to be a wrx as we'll.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
stimania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #302
sohchx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 213634
Join Date: Jun 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: hagersbush, Maryland
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimania View Post
Dgm widebody wrx sedan at lowes this morning, Parked down lower like maybe it was an employee? Also a wrb widebody hatch Sunday morning/afternoon in the target parking lot. Wasn't close enough but looked to be a wrx as we'll.

In Cumberland?
sohchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #303
stimania
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 233957
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Cumberland,MD
Vehicle:
2012 STI Hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohchx View Post
In Cumberland?
Hagerstown
stimania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #304
HaubeRR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 227975
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2003 WGN 6MT 2.5
Hybrid Dom 1.5xtr WRB

Default

I would be down for a meet this weekend
HaubeRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #305
sohchx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 213634
Join Date: Jun 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: hagersbush, Maryland
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimania View Post
Hagerstown

Dammit man!!! Why are you not calling me when you come to town? lol
sohchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #306
stimania
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 233957
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Cumberland,MD
Vehicle:
2012 STI Hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohchx View Post
Dammit man!!! Why are you not calling me when you come to town? lol
I was passing through on my way home. I had the wife's cx9 lol
stimania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #307
sohchx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 213634
Join Date: Jun 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: hagersbush, Maryland
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaubeRR View Post
I would be down for a meet this weekend
Nice, Who else is down? Are you free Mcgee?
sohchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #308
Jrmills
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 367182
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hagerstown, Md
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
OBP

Default

Damn iPhone double post
Jrmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #309
Jrmills
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 367182
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hagerstown, Md
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohchx View Post
Nice, Who else is down? Are you free Mcgee?
Lol he better be it was his idea!
Jrmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #310
karmaSRT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 231457
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Smithsburg MD
Vehicle:
2010 Wrx
Satin White Pearl

Default

If y'all are meeting up this weekend I will be in town
karmaSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #311
wrxryder
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 366330
Join Date: Aug 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: hagerstown,m.d.
Vehicle:
2010 impreza wrx 5dr
obp

Default

Ya, I am in
wrxryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #312
stimania
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 233957
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Cumberland,MD
Vehicle:
2012 STI Hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaSRT View Post
If y'all are meeting up this weekend I will be in town
Sure you will be.
stimania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #313
karmaSRT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 231457
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Smithsburg MD
Vehicle:
2010 Wrx
Satin White Pearl

Default

Just let me know I get in Saturday morning
karmaSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #314
yz134mx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 252626
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

I'm new to the area and after reading the last few pages, have definitely seen some of you around. I have an 04 WRB WRX Wagon, stock other than a tbe and stage 2. Pretty sure I've been seeing sohchx a lot lately in the showalter road area. And I work with jrSTi21.
yz134mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #315
sohchx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 213634
Join Date: Jun 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: hagersbush, Maryland
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yz134mx View Post
I'm new to the area and after reading the last few pages, have definitely seen some of you around. I have an 04 WRB WRX Wagon, stock other than a tbe and stage 2. Pretty sure I've been seeing sohchx a lot lately in the showalter road area. And I work with jrSTi21.

WOAH,Woah,Woah. Do you live on Shelby circle off reiff church? If so I live right on the other side of the neighborhood,lol. I saw your car parked out front a few times. We have been passing each other allot in the past week or so and I wondered if you were a member here. Didn't I just see you this morning?? Lol
sohchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #316
Jrmills
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 367182
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hagerstown, Md
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohchx View Post
WOAH,Woah,Woah. Do you live on Shelby circle off reiff church? If so I live right on the other side of the neighborhood,lol. I saw your car parked out front a few times. We have been passing each other allot in the past week or so and I wondered if you were a member here. Didn't I just see you this morning?? Lol
I'm been passing someone a lot lately too. In a wrb with a front mount..
Jrmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #317
sohchx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 213634
Join Date: Jun 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: hagersbush, Maryland
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrmills View Post
I'm been passing someone a lot lately too. In a wrb with a front mount..

Thats definately not me. Is it a wagon or sedan? Year?
sohchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #318
Jrmills
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 367182
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hagerstown, Md
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohchx View Post
Thats definately not me. Is it a wagon or sedan? Year?
Not positive.. I think it was a bugeye. But deff a wagon
Jrmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #319
sohchx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 213634
Join Date: Jun 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: hagersbush, Maryland
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrmills View Post
Not positive.. I think it was a bugeye. But deff a wagon

Ahhhhh I know that guy but forgot his name. He lives behind Pennsylvania avenue and works at Volvo. Real nice guy,older gentleman.
sohchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #320
yz134mx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 252626
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohchx View Post
WOAH,Woah,Woah. Do you live on Shelby circle off reiff church? If so I live right on the other side of the neighborhood,lol. I saw your car parked out front a few times. We have been passing each other allot in the past week or so and I wondered if you were a member here. Didn't I just see you this morning?? Lol
Yes and yes haha. Pm me your number man!
yz134mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #321
emsmap
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159334
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Vehicle:
02 WRX, 99RS, 96L
AP3,PPG,FMIC, Big turbo

Default

Soooo I need some major help with finding some main and rod bearings for my crank. Then I can finally put my motor together. I just got my block bored .020 over to match my pistons. The ring gap and wall clearance is perfect, however, I am having some mixed answers on what bearings to get. My machinist just mic'd the crank and doesnt have the real good mic's to do the actual test. He said to just get Standard bearings however everything I read on here is saying I should take it to a machinist to do the real expensive mic testing. Can anyone come to my house and help me with it? Im in need! LOL
emsmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #322
Jrmills
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 367182
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hagerstown, Md
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohchx View Post
Ahhhhh I know that guy but forgot his name. He lives behind Pennsylvania avenue and works at Volvo. Real nice guy,older gentleman.
Lol yeah I see him everyday on maugans ave and penn ave
Jrmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #323
Jrmills
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 367182
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hagerstown, Md
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmap View Post
Soooo I need some major help with finding some main and rod bearings for my crank. Then I can finally put my motor together. I just got my block bored .020 over to match my pistons. The ring gap and wall clearance is perfect, however, I am having some mixed answers on what bearings to get. My machinist just mic'd the crank and doesnt have the real good mic's to do the actual test. He said to just get Standard bearings however everything I read on here is saying I should take it to a machinist to do the real expensive mic testing. Can anyone come to my house and help me with it? Im in need! LOL
Not 100% positive.. But why would you need different rod bearings? When you bore the motor you are just opening the cylinder walls more. And the position head size is increased. But nothing changes with the rod or the crank. So I would think that you would not need to get anything but standard..

But we will let someone who knows for sure answer your question..
Jrmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #324
sohchx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 213634
Join Date: Jun 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: hagersbush, Maryland
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yz134mx View Post
Yes and yes haha. Pm me your number man!
Done!! I had a feeling that was you.
sohchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #325
sohchx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 213634
Join Date: Jun 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: hagersbush, Maryland
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza
WRB

Default

Well, the weather is pretty poopy so I can only assume we are postponed for tomorrow?
sohchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.