Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 01:17 AM   #76
Optimus Prime
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 69847
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Cybertron
Vehicle:
2010 Evolution X

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmochowski View Post
http://welovedrivecars.com/2015-mitsubishi-galant/



New galant concept still looks bad...
That concept is from 2009. Supposedly they are going to sell a rebadged Infiniti as the Galant replacement in Japan.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:24 AM   #77
skatin707
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251552
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: HIIC
Location: Honolulu, HI
Vehicle:
2014 FXT
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post

A Corolla is still a "car" so someone who says a car isn't an "appliance" is at odds with the enthusiast, oh excuse me, driver community since most people in that community seem to believe the Corolla is the bane of existence for the driver community.
An appliance is typically defined as a device designed to perform a specific task, typically a household one. I don't think appliance is the appropriate word for your comparison. I think I understand what you are saying, but appliance doesn't really work there.

Why would the Corolla be the bane of anything? It's a cheap, reliable, and efficient car available to the masses. Heck, I've rented a few and appreciated them for their purpose. The fact that Toyota makes a Corolla has no bearing on my Subaru or BMW.
skatin707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #78
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatin707 View Post
An appliance is typically defined as a device designed to perform a specific task, typically a household one. I don't think appliance is the appropriate word for your comparison. I think I understand what you are saying, but appliance doesn't really work there.

Why would the Corolla be the bane of anything? It's a cheap, reliable, and efficient car available to the masses. Heck, I've rented a few and appreciated them for their purpose. The fact that Toyota makes a Corolla has no bearing on my Subaru or BMW.
If you can say that I'm sure you've seen the unwarranted hate the Corolla gets from the fanbois who drive ugly as $hit ricers or just Internet trolls who couldn't possibly comprehend why some people drive a Corolla but bash it because it's "bland" and "numb."

The same group of people call it an "appliance" even though it's still a car, just like the "performance" cars they drive. That was the point of my argument; A commuter car is still a car, just like the "car" people drive regardless if it's a Lambo or a Prius. So to call one car a "commuter" is no different from calling another car a "commuter" by the same logic. Even if it's "a true on-road, visceral experience" or some crap driving enthusiasts say to differentiate them from Joe Smoe driving his Corolla to his desk job, a car is a car, no matter how exciting, or not, it is to drive it.

Anyways, it looks like an Evoque fighter with Kia Soul DNA. ;D Either way, it's a welcome sight with the Mitsu badge in my opinion.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/08/m...yo-motor-show/



A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #79
AllAWD
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 17079
Join Date: Apr 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Alexandria, VA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
Remove the logo and put four interlocking rings on the grill. It might as well look the same.
Four rings on that would just make me think it was a Chinese knock-off of an Audi.
AllAWD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:56 AM   #80
skatin707
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251552
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: HIIC
Location: Honolulu, HI
Vehicle:
2014 FXT
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post

If you can say that I'm sure you've seen the unwarranted hate the Corolla gets from the fanbois who drive ugly as $hit ricers or just Internet trolls who couldn't possibly comprehend why some people drive a Corolla but bash it because it's "bland" and "numb."

The same group of people call it an "appliance" even though it's still a car, just like the "performance" cars they drive. That was the point of my argument; A commuter car is still a car, just like the "car" people drive regardless if it's a Lambo or a Prius. So to call one car a "commuter" is no different from calling another car a "commuter" by the same logic. Even if it's "a true on-road, visceral experience" or some crap driving enthusiasts say to differentiate them from Joe Smoe driving his Corolla to his desk job, a car is a car, no matter how exciting, or not, it is to drive it.

Anyways, it looks like an Evoque fighter with Kia Soul DNA. ;D Either way, it's a welcome sight with the Mitsu badge in my opinion.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/08/m...yo-motor-show/
I haven't really seen hate to the Corolla. Just another car I guess.

I don't agree with "a car is a car". If that was the case, they'd all be the same. I see your point, but each car has its own purpose. A Lambo is for going fast and being rich! A Prius is for coming out of the closet

I'm not trying to fight, more picking your brain. I agree with you on the major point, but the details are worth discussing.
skatin707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #81
KC
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 442
Join Date: Oct 1999
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: SE Mass/RI
Vehicle:
2013 Crosstrek XV
00 Honda S2000

Default

Holy hell. I'm going to talk to a few to get A W's sub title changed From Scooby Newbie to "Overly pedantic"

BRB.

--kC
KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #82
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
Holy hell. I'm going to talk to a few to get A W's sub title changed From Scooby Newbie to "Overly pedantic"

BRB.

--kC
;D WTB custom title LOLOLOL

Psychotic bitch is fine with me too.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.