Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Vancouver Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
Hawk_Eye
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 363434
Join Date: Jul 2013
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Maple Ridge
Vehicle:
06 Amuse STI
Aspen White

Default Craigslist Fails

hey guys, I decided to create a thread to get a good laugh at ppl who post their car for sale on craigslist. feel free to add on to the thread

the first ever Vtec swapped sti?
http://abbotsford.en.craigslist.ca/cto/4127397981.html

490hp?
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...127901475.html
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Hawk_Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
Mansteez
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 364901
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon

Default

That Vtec swap is pure blasphamy....
Mansteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
slowguy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 4326
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Vancouver
Vehicle:
2010 turdle

Default

first one HAS to be trolling.. hahah
slowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
Ctogo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338399
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Coquitlam
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
WRB

Default

Red steering wheels are the fastest steering wheels
Ctogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #5
DIGGYGV8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313558
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Burnaby
Vehicle:
2011 STi Sedan
SWP

Default

lolololololo VTEC swap, good find.
DIGGYGV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
Drakar
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 68402
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Vehicle:
2009 Forester XT
Camellia Red Pearl

Default

Think he'll take 18 for the vtec swap?
Drakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
alexinvancouver
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251482
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Surrey, BC
Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS silver
2011 Lexus, 1990 all-trac

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk_Eye View Post

490hp?
must be because
japanice 117000 km year 98 $17500 obo 490horse power
interesting
i have two 98 japanice sti's
...maybe they too have 490 horse power?
alexinvancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:07 AM   #8
coupe-a-loop
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336028
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Scuurrvey BC
Vehicle:
1995 v2 sti type ra
Glacier White

Default

Although the price of that car along with the ad is complete crap. To be fair it states hes running standalone. 490hp shouldnt be out of the question with a built motor and a protune. That vtec garbage has to be a joke. The shades of red aren't even the same. I spend too much time as it is trolling CL laughing at ads like these
coupe-a-loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:49 AM   #9
panda97
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 350494
Join Date: Mar 2013
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Maple Ridge and Burnaby
Vehicle:
2012 SWP GRB STI
2001 Red MR-S

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe-a-loop View Post
Although the price of that car along with the ad is complete crap. To be fair it states hes running standalone. 490hp shouldnt be out of the question with a built motor and a protune. That vtec garbage has to be a joke. The shades of red aren't even the same. I spend too much time as it is trolling CL laughing at ads like these
In his ad he didn't mention a built motor let alone a turbo. I highly doubt this is even possible, this guy is blowing smoke out of his ass.
panda97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:10 AM   #10
TestosteBROne
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 362835
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: YVR
Vehicle:
2014 Bee Aru Zee
WRB

Default

Seeing a honda engine in a Subaru makes me feel disgusted
TestosteBROne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #11
DIGGYGV8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313558
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Burnaby
Vehicle:
2011 STi Sedan
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TestosteBROne View Post
Seeing a honda engine in a Subaru makes me feel disgusted
I hope you realize it's fake.

/sarcasm
DIGGYGV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #12
coupe-a-loop
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336028
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Scuurrvey BC
Vehicle:
1995 v2 sti type ra
Glacier White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda97 View Post

In his ad he didn't mention a built motor let alone a turbo. I highly doubt this is even possible, this guy is blowing smoke out of his ass.
Probably. Just noting thats its not impossible. I have zero faith in anyone who types japanice when selling an import
coupe-a-loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #13
devmorrison
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 363875
Join Date: Jul 2013
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
WRB Stage 2

Default

Tasmanian devil floor mats= +200hp
devmorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #14
jake downie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 368741
Join Date: Sep 2013
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: coquitlam
Vehicle:
2011 wrx sti
pearl white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk_Eye View Post
hey guys, I decided to create a thread to get a good laugh at ppl who post their car for sale on craigslist. feel free to add on to the thread

the first ever Vtec swapped sti?
http://abbotsford.en.craigslist.ca/cto/4127397981.html

490hp?
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...127901475.html
4000watt amp lol
jake downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #15
Wrgb
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 169096
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Langley BC Canada
Vehicle:
2009 DGM STi Hatch
2000 2.5RS *Gone*

Default

Wrgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:39 PM   #16
Zefy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 105104
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Vehicle:
1979 BRAT / 01 RSTI
99 2.5TS (DEAD) / 87 GL

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrgb View Post
There was a build thread on that thing a while ago but I can't seem to find it anymore. I did find the jalopnik article about it though... pretty special...

http://jalopnik.com/5225023/garage-m...percharger/all
Zefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #17
InTheBay
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 347756
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Vehicle:
2005 Outback XT
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefy View Post
There was a build thread on that thing a while ago but I can't seem to find it anymore. I did find the jalopnik article about it though... pretty special...

http://jalopnik.com/5225023/garage-m...percharger/all
Holy ****ing **** that's rad.
InTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:28 PM   #18
danny_d19
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 180748
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: BC
Vehicle:
2005 STi
CGM

Default

danny_d19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #19
Mansteez
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 364901
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny_d19 View Post
Fail???? This is frickin bad ass!!! Maybe that's the redneck in me...

I can relate - I had a 94 mustang GT once upon a time and I always wanted to slap an m90 on it. Those welds are absolutely horrible but you have to give it to the guy for doing everything himself. I would not have the balls to do ANYTHING that he did.
Mansteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #20
Wrgb
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 169096
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Langley BC Canada
Vehicle:
2009 DGM STi Hatch
2000 2.5RS *Gone*

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansteez View Post
Fail???? This is frickin bad ass!!! Maybe that's the redneck in me...

I can relate - I had a 94 mustang GT once upon a time and I always wanted to slap an m90 on it. Those welds are absolutely horrible but you have to give it to the guy for doing everything himself. I would not have the balls to do ANYTHING that he did.
He cooked parts on his BBQ, used PVC for hoses, all without having a working way to tune his car.

Now its for sale. would you want to inherit those issues?
Wrgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #21
Zefy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 105104
Join Date: Jan 2006
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Vehicle:
1979 BRAT / 01 RSTI
99 2.5TS (DEAD) / 87 GL

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrgb View Post
He cooked parts on his BBQ, used PVC for hoses, all without having a working way to tune his car.

Now its for sale. would you want to inherit those issues?
I don't think it's a fail purely based on that. He hasn't lied about what was done to the car and he isn't trying to trick anyone. It doesn't say, "upgraded dis shiz to vtek yo". As a car it is a big mess but he has seemingly priced it accordingly. He was tuning with tactrix but apparently his cable broke.

Oh well... I doubt anyone will actually buy it, but it sure is fun.
Zefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:28 PM   #22
Wrgb
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 169096
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Langley BC Canada
Vehicle:
2009 DGM STi Hatch
2000 2.5RS *Gone*

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefy View Post
I don't think it's a fail purely based on that. He hasn't lied about what was done to the car and he isn't trying to trick anyone. It doesn't say, "upgraded dis shiz to vtek yo". As a car it is a big mess but he has seemingly priced it accordingly. He was tuning with tactrix but apparently his cable broke.

Oh well... I doubt anyone will actually buy it, but it sure is fun.
Definitely fun, and im sure it was blast to build and fit it all together.
Wrgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:22 AM   #23
Headhunter
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 274258
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Surrey, BC
Vehicle:
2011 Sti
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrgb View Post

Definitely fun, and im sure it was blast to build and fit it all together.
He built it back in 09, I went through his thread, it was an interesting DIY. He may have sorted the mapping issues, but it looks like other parts have been swapped.
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:16 PM   #24
DIGGYGV8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313558
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Burnaby
Vehicle:
2011 STi Sedan
SWP

Default

Someone posted an Evo on Revscene and posted the edit link instead of the actual post

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...497725387.html

needless to say, hilarity ensues.
DIGGYGV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #25
tora
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 5851
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver
Vehicle:
09 Forester XT
+ NA Miata

Default

You have to copy and paste the test of the ad, otherwise ad gets deleted and no one sees..no hilarity.
tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.