Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > NASIOC Official News, Articles and Polls

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #201
SchoNuff
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326304
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Sedan auto
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
You still didn't explain how they are turning their backs on the faithful. Do you believe in order to please people that a wrx should have 300hp and an Sti should have 400hp? I'm failing to see your comparison between this model and a 2008 wrx. Try harder. They are making slightly more hp with a smaller and going that has a twin scroll turbo with a direct injected engine. They are claiming it's the best handling wrx to date, that's another check in he new column. They are claiming up to 30 mpg's I'm sure highway. The interior is nicer then wrx's in the past. Power seats finally in an impreza is a nice step as well. Oh yeah lets not forget the 6 speed. I fail to see how any of this can be compared to an 08' model.

So now you see I made my point and have specific examples. You should try doing the same to actually have a valid point. Plus you drive an 03' wrx. This car is worlds better then your old box.
Its all really very simple. For $40k look around and recognize what's available: Audi, Cadillac, BMW and Mercedes all offer AWD rockets at this price point new or barely used. Go drive an S4 or ATS4 then the new STI and tell me where your $40k is better spent. Its not even close.

Subaru needs to make the performance gap what it once was in 2004 and to a lesser extent in 2008 to justify the price.

Making compromises to what makes a Subaru a Subaru for 3HP, carrying over 20 year old engines over promising with concept design is turning their backs on loyal Subaru fans. So get a clue Chief... and insulting another member's WRX is pretty weak.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SchoNuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #202
Supraru
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 23313
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Collegeville,Pa
Vehicle:
99' 2.5Rs
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoNuff View Post
Its all really very simple. For $40k look around and recognize what's available: Audi, Cadillac, BMW and Mercedes all offer AWD rockets at this price point new or barely used. Go drive an S4 or ATS4 then the new STI and tell me where your $40k is better spent. Its not even close.

Subaru needs to make the performance gap what it once was in 2004 and to a lesser extent in 2008 to justify the price.

Making compromises to what makes a Subaru a Subaru for 3HP, carrying over 20 year old engines over promising with concept design is turning their backs on loyal Subaru fans. So get a clue Chief... and insulting another member's WRX is pretty weak.
You just showed your stripes. Carrying a 20 year old engine? Don't make comments about stuff you don't know about. It doesn't have an ej. The eh'd are extinct from here on out. If you're making comments about a car and how much of a disappointment it is and not even know what engine is in it you make yourself look pretty lame.

I wasn't insulting your wrx, I was stating a fact.
Supraru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #203
nightdown fox
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 309636
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
2015 STI LE
WRB on Gold!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoNuff View Post
Its all really very simple. For $40k look around and recognize what's available: Audi, Cadillac, BMW and Mercedes all offer AWD rockets at this price point new or barely used. Go drive an S4 or ATS4 then the new STI and tell me where your $40k is better spent. Its not even close.

Subaru needs to make the performance gap what it once was in 2004 and to a lesser extent in 2008 to justify the price.

Making compromises to what makes a Subaru a Subaru for 3HP, carrying over 20 year old engines over promising with concept design is turning their backs on loyal Subaru fans. So get a clue Chief... and insulting another member's WRX is pretty weak.
nightdown fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #204
SchoNuff
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326304
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Sedan auto
Silver

Default

All BS aside... i know it'll be hard for you trolls in your mothers' basements, consider this:

No hatch to suposedly focus development funds. This from a company posting record sales. Turning their backs on half their previous buyers.

A carry over engine in the halo car, how Toyota of them. Makes me think there wasn't going to be a 2015 STI until the eleventh hour. An afterthought at best.

The little things like weight gain and equal length headers, not to mention questionable styling make it painfully obvious that Subaru isn't putting its all into these cars anymore. But they'll still ask for more of your money. You shmucks would likely give it to them if you had jobs or decent credit scores.
SchoNuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:43 PM   #205
SchoNuff
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326304
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Sedan auto
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdown fox View Post
Hard to argue this point. Touche, sir.
SchoNuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:28 PM   #206
cn07
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 197246
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gettysburg
Default

Track Pack equipped Mustang, 420 hp. Power and handling for ~37.000. Get off your @$$ Subaru. 2015 another let down.
cn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #207
Walwezzy23
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 337851
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Sacramento, CA
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
CGM

Default

not a fan of the body style at all…. ill stick to the best years 06-07
Walwezzy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:28 PM   #208
Supraru
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 23313
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Collegeville,Pa
Vehicle:
99' 2.5Rs
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoNuff View Post
All BS aside... i know it'll be hard for you trolls in your mothers' basements, consider this:
Right....you couldn't afford a car so you got a gf who you ended up marrying and ended up taking her automatic wrx because I'm guessing you couldn't afford your own car or something new.

See generalizations are great aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoNuff View Post
No hatch to suposedly focus development funds. This from a company posting record sales. Turning their backs on half their previous buyers.
Again you don't know much. Just because a company is posting record sales that doesn't mean they should go blowing money just because some guy with a 2002 automatic subaru wants a hatch. They will sell just fine I'm sure judging by the huge boom in impreza sales once the new impreza body was released. In fact it destroyed all other impreza sales every for any body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoNuff View Post
A carry over engine in the halo car, how Toyota of them. Makes me think there wasn't going to be a 2015 STI until the eleventh hour. An afterthought at best.
Clearly you can't read. We'll start with your comment about a "carry over engine". Carry over? Carry over from what? You're not making sense. Only going off the fact that you think the new wrx's and sti's are going to be running a 20 year old ej engine I assume again you don't know what you're talking about.

Do you even know what a halo car is? How old are you seriously? You claim to be married and refer to us here as kids living in a basement of our parents house yet you drive an old automatic wrx and claim a wrx/sti is Subaru's halo car when besides the tribecca which will not be made anymore and the brz which was obviously limited in production is the smallest selling subaru car. Currently Subaru's halo car is the Forester or outback. They have been subaru's best sellers for many years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoNuff View Post
The little things like weight gain and equal length headers, not to mention questionable styling make it painfully obvious that Subaru isn't putting its all into these cars anymore. But they'll still ask for more of your money. You shmucks would likely give it to them if you had jobs or decent credit scores.
Headers? More wrongful info from you. The car does not have headers, a camaro has headers. A subaru has one "header" not more then one. I like schooling you it's fun. Again the combination of direct injection, twin scroll turbo (which always comes with equal lengths due to efficiency and making as much power as possible) will make this car easily fun to drive and probably make better power then the current stage 1 tuned wrx once cobb or tuners get their hands on them.

I'm really not seeing subaru's questionable styling here. I think the car looks pretty decent minus the rim design and black wheels. The interior looks nice, dash isn't plastic like all the old wrx's. It has a 6 speed which has been cried for by everyone since the wrx was introduced. The car is claimed as the best handling wrx every produced. I'm sure they would not make this claim if it weren't true. Again I point out that you think subaru isn't putting anything into these cars anymore yet you drive an 02' auto wrx. Those things factory are absolutely hideous. In fact all US wrx's are pretty damn ugly from the factory until the 2011 was introduced.

It's very clear you do not have a good paying job or credit score since you drive your wifes wrx who owned the car before you guys met. It's clear you're not going to be buying a car for a long while so I'm sure subaru doesn't car that you're not purchasing one.
Supraru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:30 PM   #209
Supraru
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 23313
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Collegeville,Pa
Vehicle:
99' 2.5Rs
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn07 View Post
Track Pack equipped Mustang, 420 hp. Power and handling for ~37.000. Get off your @$$ Subaru. 2015 another let down.
Subaru is not Ford, when you realize this you will be better off. The volume of cars Ford sells is ridiculous. If Subaru sold even a quarter of what Ford did maybe prices could be different but they don't and won't for a while. So get over it.
Supraru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:33 PM   #210
Supraru
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 23313
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Collegeville,Pa
Vehicle:
99' 2.5Rs
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walwezzy23 View Post
not a fan of the body style at all…. ill stick to the best years 06-07
Wow what a coincidence you drive an 06' wrx. I could have guessed you were going to say you thought they were the best. I'd stick to a gc any day of the week out of not wanting a car that every kid getting their license wants. Then if I was going to pick I'd go 11-14'. Can't say anything about the 15's because obviously no one has driven them yet minus media.
Supraru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:31 PM   #211
SchoNuff
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326304
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Sedan auto
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
Right....you couldn't afford a car so you got a gf who you ended up marrying and ended up taking her automatic wrx because I'm guessing you couldn't afford your own car or something new.

See generalizations are great aren't they?



Again you don't know much. Just because a company is posting record sales that doesn't mean they should go blowing money just because some guy with a 2002 automatic subaru wants a hatch. They will sell just fine I'm sure judging by the huge boom in impreza sales once the new impreza body was released. In fact it destroyed all other impreza sales every for any body.



Clearly you can't read. We'll start with your comment about a "carry over engine". Carry over? Carry over from what? You're not making sense. Only going off the fact that you think the new wrx's and sti's are going to be running a 20 year old ej engine I assume again you don't know what you're talking about.

Do you even know what a halo car is? How old are you seriously? You claim to be married and refer to us here as kids living in a basement of our parents house yet you drive an old automatic wrx and claim a wrx/sti is Subaru's halo car when besides the tribecca which will not be made anymore and the brz which was obviously limited in production is the smallest selling subaru car. Currently Subaru's halo car is the Forester or outback. They have been subaru's best sellers for many years now.



Headers? More wrongful info from you. The car does not have headers, a camaro has headers. A subaru has one "header" not more then one. I like schooling you it's fun. Again the combination of direct injection, twin scroll turbo (which always comes with equal lengths due to efficiency and making as much power as possible) will make this car easily fun to drive and probably make better power then the current stage 1 tuned wrx once cobb or tuners get their hands on them.

I'm really not seeing subaru's questionable styling here. I think the car looks pretty decent minus the rim design and black wheels. The interior looks nice, dash isn't plastic like all the old wrx's. It has a 6 speed which has been cried for by everyone since the wrx was introduced. The car is claimed as the best handling wrx every produced. I'm sure they would not make this claim if it weren't true. Again I point out that you think subaru isn't putting anything into these cars anymore yet you drive an 02' auto wrx. Those things factory are absolutely hideous. In fact all US wrx's are pretty damn ugly from the factory until the 2011 was introduced.

It's very clear you do not have a good paying job or credit score since you drive your wifes wrx who owned the car before you guys met. It's clear you're not going to be buying a car for a long while so I'm sure subaru doesn't car that you're not purchasing one.
literally every counter point you are making is wrong. and sad.. and i love that you know my entire back story. especially the part where i bought my wife a 2012 Tribeca. sorry you have no significant other to hoon with in your RS.

the new sti is using a carry over engine... try reading something other than the comments sections. school yourself on the two seperate headers on the ej thats carried over on the sti.... as for the wrx, how can something be equal lenth if theres only one of them? along with a TWIN scroll turbo. pretty simple logic. you can call it what you want but theyre two pieces on opposite sides of the engine.

looks are subjective and the wrx has never been beautiful but dont show a gorgeous concept then under deliver while touting your sales numbers.

eat it troll
SchoNuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:43 PM   #212
SchoNuff
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326304
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Sedan auto
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
Subaru is not Ford, when you realize this you will be better off. The volume of cars Ford sells is ridiculous. If Subaru sold even a quarter of what Ford did maybe prices could be different but they don't and won't for a while. So get over it.
this comment alone will tell you everything you need to know about this putz.
SchoNuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:57 AM   #213
Supraru
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 23313
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Collegeville,Pa
Vehicle:
99' 2.5Rs
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoNuff View Post
literally every counter point you are making is wrong. and sad.. and i love that you know my entire back story. especially the part where i bought my wife a 2012 Tribeca. sorry you have no significant other to hoon with in your RS.
That's where you're wrong. When I've made points I've backed them up. When you make points you just say Subaru is turning it's back on customers.

I don't claim to know your life story. I was making a generalization of your life (which is easy) just like you tried to make a generalization about me living in my parents basement and not having a good credit score. So I will start out by saying my 99 Rs was far better and faster then your auto wrx would ever be. I bought it for 15k with 17 miles on it. I then sold it for 13k, 2k less then I originally purchased it for. I'll put money on that you can't do that with your car. You bought your wife a crappy tribeca....congrats, they suck. I work on them daily. I will tell you however I do own an acura tl and just purchased an 08' spec b legacy. Both those cars are better then your two cars. Would you still like to compare? My wife drives a 2011 BMW 328. Wanna still compare your life to mine and see who is better off? We're not driving 02 auto wrx's.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoNuff View Post
the new sti is using a carry over engine... try reading something other than the comments sections. school yourself on the two seperate headers on the ej thats carried over on the sti.... as for the wrx, how can something be equal lenth if theres only one of them? along with a TWIN scroll turbo. pretty simple logic. you can call it what you want but theyre two pieces on opposite sides of the engine.

looks are subjective and the wrx has never been beautiful but dont show a gorgeous concept then under deliver while touting your sales numbers.

eat it troll
Again you fail to know what you're talking about. You keep saying they are using a carry over engine. I can tell you don't know what that means just like you don't know what a halo car is. The 2015 Sti will not carry over the ej25 it will be running an fa25 which is Subaru's new engine. Before you try and argue with me
I work on these cars everyday and go to new model updates every year. When a new engine is released we tear it down and rebuild it. So again your not stating any facts.

Now to your twin scroll comment that you know nothing about. There is a difference between me and you, I know what I'm talking about and you don't. You just stated to me that just because the turbo set up is called a TWIN scroll that it has two headers. This is a twin scroll header btw.




This is a regular wrx header:




This is camaro headers:



As you see there is a reason it's called a header or headers. When you add an "s" to it like that it means plural. Plural means more than 1. I'm sorry but you make it easy. You should just stop trying now.

Last edited by Supraru; 01-16-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Supraru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:00 AM   #214
nightdown fox
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 309636
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
2015 STI LE
WRB on Gold!

Default

I'm bored so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoNuff View Post
Its all really very simple. For $40k look around and recognize what's available: Audi, Cadillac, BMW and Mercedes all offer AWD rockets at this price point new or barely used. Go drive an S4 or ATS4 then the new STI and tell me where your $40k is better spent. Its not even close.
All generalization based on your personal opinion. No one here has driven the new STI to make that decision. We also don't know the price of the new STI. Doll has said that the new STI will start "not much more than the base WRX". "Not much" is too general per person, but for all we know now, the WRX Limited could cost more than the base STI. Also, current STIs don't cost $40k unless you buy every option on the Limited, at MSRP, and add in TTL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoNuff View Post
Subaru needs to make the performance gap what it once was in 2004 and to a lesser extent in 2008 to justify the price.

Making compromises to what makes a Subaru a Subaru for 3HP, carrying over 20 year old engines over promising with concept design is turning their backs on loyal Subaru fans. So get a clue Chief... and insulting another member's WRX is pretty weak.
Do they really need to widen the gap? They do in your opinion from your perspective. Some of us faithful don't care so much for the horsepower wars. I prefer a better handling car to a more powerful car, and 305 hp is enough for me. I feel that the new style will be a better driver's car. You want more hp, and that's fine... But you can't place your opinion on everyone. For instance, if Subaru made a 450 horsepower car with GR handling capabilities, I would simply say the "car is not for me in stock configuration", not that "Subaru has turned it's back on the faithful".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoNuff View Post
All BS aside... i know it'll be hard for you trolls in your mothers' basements, consider this:

No hatch to suposedly focus development funds. This from a company posting record sales. Turning their backs on half their previous buyers.

A carry over engine in the halo car, how Toyota of them. Makes me think there wasn't going to be a 2015 STI until the eleventh hour. An afterthought at best.

The little things like weight gain and equal length headers, not to mention questionable styling make it painfully obvious that Subaru isn't putting its all into these cars anymore. But they'll still ask for more of your money. You shmucks would likely give it to them if you had jobs or decent credit scores.
This particular "faithful" hates hatches, and also understands future oriented thinking. If you look at Subaru's history, they tend to start out with a single body style and work up to multiple body styles and changes. People like you won't buy the launch model, but others will for various reasons that are different from your own personal reasons... Then down the road they'll be refreshes, a hatch, a new engine in the STI, blah blah blah. People will think their "complaints made Subaru change it" when really it's just better business sense to over a redesign then make changes throughout the cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoNuff View Post
looks are subjective and the wrx has never been beautiful but dont show a gorgeous concept then under deliver while touting your sales numbers.
Looks are indeed subjective, and the concept never would have made it on the showroom floor. As with every concept sans-BRZ, they take ideas from it and place it on the final production vehicle. And again, some of us (less vocal Subaru faithful) don't mind the looks of the new model. If I'm impressed after a test drive, I'm definitely buying one because I like what I see so far.

Finally, your comment "Subaru has turned it's back on the faithful" is again an opinionated generalization. You don't like the redesign, and that's fine. But your perspective can't place an over-generalization on an entire company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
The 2015 Sti will not carry over the ej25 it will be running an fa25 which is Subaru's new engine. Before you try and argue with me
I work on these cars everyday and go to new model updates every year. When a new engine is released we tear it down and rebuild it. So again your not stating any facts.
Um, I also didn't see anything on a FA25 yet... I was also under the impression that the new STI will have the EJ25 while the new WRX will have the FA20.

Last edited by nightdown fox; 01-16-2014 at 10:10 AM.
nightdown fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #215
shello007
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 195405
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Severn, MD
Vehicle:
2003 Wrex Wagon, LGT
Blue Black, Black

Default

The Concept, of course, looked so much better. I dunno, but last good model to me was the Blob eye. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by shello007; 01-16-2014 at 06:01 PM.
shello007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:59 PM   #216
TheJ
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 118460
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: In a van down by the river
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdown fox View Post
I'm bored so...



All generalization based on your personal opinion. No one here has driven the new STI to make that decision. We also don't know the price of the new STI. Doll has said that the new STI will start "not much more than the base WRX". "Not much" is too general per person, but for all we know now, the WRX Limited could cost more than the base STI. Also, current STIs don't cost $40k unless you buy every option on the Limited, at MSRP, and add in TTL.



Do they really need to widen the gap? They do in your opinion from your perspective. Some of us faithful don't care so much for the horsepower wars. I prefer a better handling car to a more powerful car, and 305 hp is enough for me. I feel that the new style will be a better driver's car. You want more hp, and that's fine... But you can't place your opinion on everyone. For instance, if Subaru made a 450 horsepower car with GR handling capabilities, I would simply say the "car is not for me in stock configuration", not that "Subaru has turned it's back on the faithful".



This particular "faithful" hates hatches, and also understands future oriented thinking. If you look at Subaru's history, they tend to start out with a single body style and work up to multiple body styles and changes. People like you won't buy the launch model, but others will for various reasons that are different from your own personal reasons... Then down the road they'll be refreshes, a hatch, a new engine in the STI, blah blah blah. People will think their "complaints made Subaru change it" when really it's just better business sense to over a redesign then make changes throughout the cycle.



Looks are indeed subjective, and the concept never would have made it on the showroom floor. As with every concept sans-BRZ, they take ideas from it and place it on the final production vehicle. And again, some of us (less vocal Subaru faithful) don't mind the looks of the new model. If I'm impressed after a test drive, I'm definitely buying one because I like what I see so far.

Finally, your comment "Subaru has turned it's back on the faithful" is again an opinionated generalization. You don't like the redesign, and that's fine. But your perspective can't place an over-generalization on an entire company.



Um, I also didn't see anything on a FA25 yet... I was also under the impression that the new STI will have the EJ25 while the new WRX will have the FA20.
This.
TheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #217
SunDevilSubi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 379329
Join Date: Jan 2014
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
The 2015 Sti will not carry over the ej25 it will be running an fa25 which is Subaru's new engine. Before you try and argue with me

I work on these cars everyday and go to new model updates every year. When a new engine is released we tear it down and rebuild it.


It sounds like you know more than me about the new incoming fa25. Are they going to be changing the internals to allow for greater tuning (i.e. rings, pistons, rods etc.) Also do you know if this is direct injection like its little brother? Cuz that would make me a lot more sense on its ability to be a monster.... thanks for the reply

Last edited by SunDevilSubi; 01-20-2014 at 08:23 PM.
SunDevilSubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:20 PM   #218
scooby24
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 56414
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Olathe, KS
Vehicle:
2004 Forester XT 5MT
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
That's where you're wrong. When I've made points I've backed them up. When you make points you just say Subaru is turning it's back on customers.

I don't claim to know your life story. I was making a generalization of your life (which is easy) just like you tried to make a generalization about me living in my parents basement and not having a good credit score. So I will start out by saying my 99 Rs was far better and faster then your auto wrx would ever be. I bought it for 15k with 17 miles on it. I then sold it for 13k, 2k less then I originally purchased it for. I'll put money on that you can't do that with your car. You bought your wife a crappy tribeca....congrats, they suck. I work on them daily. I will tell you however I do own an acura tl and just purchased an 08' spec b legacy. Both those cars are better then your two cars. Would you still like to compare? My wife drives a 2011 BMW 328. Wanna still compare your life to mine and see who is better off? We're not driving 02 auto wrx's.




Again you fail to know what you're talking about. You keep saying they are using a carry over engine. I can tell you don't know what that means just like you don't know what a halo car is. The 2015 Sti will not carry over the ej25 it will be running an fa25 which is Subaru's new engine. Before you try and argue with me
I work on these cars everyday and go to new model updates every year. When a new engine is released we tear it down and rebuild it. So again your not stating any facts.

Now to your twin scroll comment that you know nothing about. There is a difference between me and you, I know what I'm talking about and you don't. You just stated to me that just because the turbo set up is called a TWIN scroll that it has two headers. This is a twin scroll header btw.




This is a regular wrx header:




This is camaro headers:



As you see there is a reason it's called a header or headers. When you add an "s" to it like that it means plural. Plural means more than 1. I'm sorry but you make it easy. You should just stop trying now.
What a load of utter bull**** and epic fail. 2015 STI has the EJ25 carried over.
scooby24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:02 PM   #219
cpeeler21
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 379396
Join Date: Jan 2014
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
Blue

Default No

Was really looking forward to buying a new 2015…Not anymore…Have had the 05 for a few years now, drive it 5 miles one way to work driving like a granny and it still always seems to have a problem….2013-2014 maybe….
cpeeler21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:31 PM   #220
khaki_man
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 170250
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Dakota
Vehicle:
05 2.5RS
'13 Legacy Sport

Default

The '15 WRX is not immediately stunning like the concept but it's really only one or two mods away from being gorgeous. Lower it on some bigger wheels and then start tuning. I will be getting a red one with the CVT.



Tell me that's not sexy... The only WRX body style that cannot be saved is the '08 jelly bean.
khaki_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:10 PM   #221
SW21MR2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 60135
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Vehicle:
2005 Kona Stink-E
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaki_man View Post
The '15 WRX is not immediately stunning like the concept but it's really only one or two mods away from being gorgeous. Lower it on some bigger wheels and then start tuning. I will be getting a red one with the CVT.



Tell me that's not sexy... The only WRX body style that cannot be saved is the '08 jelly bean.
It actually doesn't look bad as a coupe. I had no idea Subaru was releasing a coupe version. You'd think they'd focus on a hatch more.
SW21MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:43 PM   #222
J_sure
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 360579
Join Date: Jun 2013
Vehicle:
95 RHD impreza Sti

Default

Not bad looking at all, but i really like the 2015 WRX concept look lol
J_sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:19 AM   #223
Phlurry02
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 351629
Join Date: Mar 2013
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
Midnight Black

Default

just give the car a chance. lol
Phlurry02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #224
silver arrow
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 25859
Join Date: Oct 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Foriderp
Vehicle:
1965 MGB yellow
2008 Black Miata

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
You just showed your stripes. Carrying a 20 year old engine? Don't make comments about stuff you don't know about. It doesn't have an ej. The eh'd are extinct from here on out. If you're making comments about a car and how much of a disappointment it is and not even know what engine is in it you make yourself look pretty lame.

I wasn't insulting your wrx, I was stating a fact.
Do you have a source for the STI not using a carry over EJ257 engine? Everything I've read said that it will be a carry over. I'd actually consider buying one at the end of the year when they're giving them away because no one will pay $40k. I picked up both my new 05 STi and 08 STI dirt cheap doing that, tracked the crap out of them for 3 years and sold them for $3k and $4k less than I paid. Worked out really well.
silver arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:03 AM   #225
Celery GT-5
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 98210
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium 6MT
WRB

Default

All this whining, and most of it is coming from people who bought the WRX that was the biggest downgrade from its predecessor in the looks department




I remember in 2006 everyone hated the hawkeye too

I'm glad the EL headers seem to be driving idiots away from this car
Celery GT-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.