|01-27-2014, 07:59 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Forks, NDVehicle:
2000 Legacy L Wagon
BH 2000 Legacy L Wagon Build
This is the story of my 2000 Subaru Legacy L Wagon’s journey to becoming a unique and surprising rally-oriented, somewhat comfortable, family wagon that will surprise everyone it meets being a sleeper.
I will post all of my currents mods, how I did them and all future mods.
I originally purchased the car in October, 2012, from Subaru of Grand Forks, ND for $3000. It had the common piston slap, and external headgasket leak found in most EJ251’s. Originally purposed for my wife, who sucks at driving stick, it’s an automatic… With only 103,400 Miles on the clock, and previously owned buy a rural-route USPS mail lady, it was in great shape and drove perfectly fine. Now being armed with knowledge about Subaru motors, an absolute obsession with rallying, and a beautiful wife pregnant with our first child, I decided to purchase it. We drove it completely stock for 5 months, and put 11,000 miles on it, courtesy of many trips down south, and enjoyed the INSANELY INCREDIBLE heater which combated the -20 degree weather of North Dakota well in the winter.
1. Family wagon with lots of storage
4. Lot’s of potential
1. IT’S AN AUTOMATIC!!! NOOOOO!!!
2. It’s a little heavy
3. Wiring sucks for everything
4. Stupid “smart ECU” gets in the way of everything!
5. Looks a little ugly hahahaha!
1. 250 WHP
2. Bullet-proof reliability
3. Somewhat comfortable
5. Still get around 27 MPG on the highway
Parts I have already:
1. Delta Cams 1500 regrinds
2. Perrin light weight standard size crank pulley
3. AWD switch mod for center diff lockup
4. Longer Outback rear shocks
5. More aggressive snow tires
6. Plenty of Plasti-Dip
7. 15” wheels for rally tires
8. 16” wheels with slightly aggressive off-set to sit flush with fenders
9. 04 EJ257 STI block
10. M62 Supercharger
11. 10mm oil pump
12. Cometic 0.051" head gasket
13. Stock STI pistons
14. OEM forged STI rods
15. 17mm rear sway bar from Subaru Baja (lift off over-steer baby)
16. Stoptech front pads and rotors.
17. Roof scoop
18. ARP rod bolts
19. Mini Cooper S butterfly by-pass valve.
20. 4eat "Power Mode" mod
21. WRX top mount intercooler
22. King XP Race Bearings
23. Borla UEL header
24. Tsudo catless mid-pipe
25. Custom 2.5" catback
26. Greddy E-manage Ultimate
27. DIY rally light rack
28. Rally tires
29. WRX hood scoop
30. Custom 2.25" supercharger pulley yielding 8-9 PSI at 517 CFM
31. Modified 720 CC WRX injectors (De-capped)
32. Parallel fuel mod
33. STI fuel pump
34. AEM UEGO wide-band O2 sensor
35. Exhaust gas temperature sensor
36. High dampening shocks
37. Even more parts I cannot remember...
10. 5MT in 4.11?
11. Rear diff to match
12. 5MT ECU from another Legacy
13. Stage 3 clutch
20. Another timing belt tensioner mount (Bolt holes were cross-treaded. Ooops!)
21. Poly motor mounts
22. New front seats
23. Rally coil overs (EXPENSIVE!!!)
24. Shifter, linkage
25. 5MT pedal assembly (Brake and clutch)
26. Clutch master cylinder
27. Front helical LSD (Probably OBX with upgraded componets)
28. Random stuff
29. Stoptech rear pads, shoes, and rotors
30. Possibly WRX rear caliper upgrade???
31. Brand new Subaru forged crankshaft
Last edited by Wcfd2509; 08-15-2014 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Typo