Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #276
ChrisV
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 377322
Chapter/Region: MWSOC

may I add one more...

Does dealer really need "social security ##" even when making lump sum complete payment ?

It may seem the least important matter when making deal. But, I had pretty annoying experience right after I purchased my last vehicle. Sudden increase of tele-marketting calls, a lot of mails and calls from all kinds of brand dealers, credit card application calls and mails from various major and minor brand names... maybe it is just coincidence?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #277
Beyer Subaru
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 206860
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
13 BRZ 05 92X Aero
White, Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
may I add one more...

Does dealer really need "social security ##" even when making lump sum complete payment ?

It may seem the least important matter when making deal. But, I had pretty annoying experience right after I purchased my last vehicle. Sudden increase of tele-marketting calls, a lot of mails and calls from all kinds of brand dealers, credit card application calls and mails from various major and minor brand names... maybe it is just coincidence?
Yes, Dealers are looked at as Financial Institutions now because of the large sums of money that change hands.

We need your personal info to run your OFAC and prove identity. It's for your safety and ours.

I'd say the calls were a coincidence.
Beyer Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #278
DammitMike
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 222760
Vehicle:
08 WRX

This isn't exactly a sales question, but you might be able to shed some light on this. I usually take my 08 WRX to another local dealer for service (who has been great to work with so far). My car is lightly modified with a turboback exhaust (with Cobb turbo heat shield) and an Accessport. After the last trip, they included a log of all my mods on the service report. This is fine, as my car is now outside of its warranty, but they never did that during previous visits with the same mods. However, they listed that I had an aftermarket turbo on the car, while the car still has the stock TD04 that it came with. I installed the turboback exhaust myself and verified this while the downpipe was off the car. Maybe the heat shield threw them off?

I'm not concerned about the dealer trying to hold out on any possible future warranty work for me, but I am curious as to what would happen if the dealer flagged a car as having aftermarket parts that it has never had. What if this had happened to another owner who was still within the warranty window?
DammitMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #279
Beyer Subaru
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 206860
Vehicle:
13 BRZ 05 92X Aero
White, Black

This always comes down to how the respective dealer treats modded cars.

The general rule is that you will need to trace a failure back to a mod to deny warranty.

Meaning that if I add a TBE and no tune - The engine pops. It's on you.
But if I add an aftermarket stereo or other - The wheel bearing fails. It's on us.

It usually is a common sense kind of thing but I have heard of many dealers denying warranty work because the car had X part even though the failure was for Y part.

Your shop could just be trying to be thorough in respect to your car by documenting how the car is set-up. But I can't say what or why they are doing that.
Beyer Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote