Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
gaiamaster
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 389569
Join Date: Apr 2014
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Default 2015 wrx clutch making click sound?!

Hi Guys, For those who has the 2015 wrx, do you hear a click sound when clutch is depressed at about 3/4 of the way to the floor? The click sound is quite audible especially when the car is at idle. I can also feel the click from the leg slightly. It doesn't seem to affect the performance but still quite annoying. This is my first subaru so not sure if this is normal. Does your clutch do the same thing?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gaiamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:28 AM   #2
-vanguard-
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 379708
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited Nav
DGM

Default

Mine does not do this, and Im super anal about any weird noises or car behaviors.

My heater blower already makes a high pitched whine when its on. Not happy I need to bring in a brand new, 300 mile car in for service already.
-vanguard- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:11 AM   #3
Aaronw9
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318368
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Snohomish Washington
Vehicle:
2007 WRX sedan
WRB

Default

Check linkage behind clutch pedal as well as the firewall mounts for the clutch linkage. Mine made the same noise and had the same feel in the foot and leg but then went away. I did some research and people said to make sure linkage and firewall mounts for the clutch are tight and lubricated.
Aaronw9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:12 AM   #4
mrz415
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334988
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru WRX(CVT)
Ice Silver Metallic (ISM)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -vanguard- View Post
Mine does not do this, and Im super anal about any weird noises or car behaviors.

My heater blower already makes a high pitched whine when its on. Not happy I need to bring in a brand new, 300 mile car in for service already.
yeah I like hear the HVAC ... which I find extremely ODD...
I just leave it off and open windows ... or max out the music
to drown out the HVAC.
mrz415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:21 AM   #5
TheB00T8930
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328014
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado Springs
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
WRB

Default

I drive a 2004. You don't even wanna know the noises that my interior makes....
TheB00T8930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:37 AM   #6
Lminette
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 138923
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Anaheim
Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS Coupe
Satin Green Metallic

Default

It's not the hill hold feature your feeling is it? Is it only when you press the clutch or when both break and clutch are pressed together?
Lminette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #7
Grimdajow06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324758
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
ISM

Default

Not completely unrelated but does anyone feel the shifting is kinda loose, sloppy? It was pretty stiff at first but after 250 miles on the car it's loosen up. I have a 6 spd wrx with the short throw installed. This is my first manual subaru so I'm not sure if it's normal.
Grimdajow06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #8
gaiamaster
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 389569
Join Date: Apr 2014
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lminette View Post
It's not the hill hold feature your feeling is it? Is it only when you press the clutch or when both break and clutch are pressed together?
Not the hill hold at all. I had a mini r56 with hill hold so understand what it feels like when hill hold is released.

Only the clutch does it, and it doesn't matter if the engine is on or off. It does feel like the spring behind the clutch. The car only has 350km right now, looks like I will have to bring it back to the dealer. Hopefully it is just the linkage needs to be lubricated.
gaiamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #9
gaiamaster
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 389569
Join Date: Apr 2014
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimdajow06 View Post
Not completely unrelated but does anyone feel the shifting is kinda loose, sloppy? It was pretty stiff at first but after 250 miles on the car it's loosen up. I have a 6 spd wrx with the short throw installed. This is my first manual subaru so I'm not sure if it's normal.
Mine feels OK so far with only 350km, 5th and 6th feels more crisp than other gears.I don't have the short throw kit though.
gaiamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #10
Anida
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 378282
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Utah
Default

Ours hasn't been making any clicking sounds (over 1k miles now) as you said, I'd just stop by the dealership and let them take care of it.

@Grim - I don't think the WRX's shifting is loose, sloppy but we don't have a short throw installed on ours so I'm not sure it's comparable.

Last edited by Anida; 05-01-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Anida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:40 AM   #11
thill
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 377200
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: North Pole
Vehicle:
15 WRX
Ice Silver

Default

I only have about 25 miles on my car but most of those were with the radio off and I noticed no clicking.
thill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #12
gaiamaster
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 389569
Join Date: Apr 2014
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiamaster View Post
Not the hill hold at all. I had a mini r56 with hill hold so understand what it feels like when hill hold is released.

Only the clutch does it, and it doesn't matter if the engine is on or off. It does feel like the spring behind the clutch. The car only has 350km right now, looks like I will have to bring it back to the dealer. Hopefully it is just the linkage needs to be lubricated.
On the phone with the service and was advised clicking sound on manual Subaru is normal Looks like I will have to drop by the dealership and talk to them in person.
gaiamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:55 AM   #13
Abismo
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 99707
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Missouri
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anida View Post
Ours hasn't been making any clicking sounds (over 1k miles now) as you said, I'd just stop by the dealership and let them take care of it.

@Grim - I don't think the WRX's shifting is loose, sloppy but we don't have a short throw installed on ours so I'm not sure it's comparable.
It couldnt be any sloppier than the 5 speeds were honestly. With those some days you had to call miss cleo to ask her if you were in gear or not.
Abismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #14
gaiamaster
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 389569
Join Date: Apr 2014
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronw9 View Post
Check linkage behind clutch pedal as well as the firewall mounts for the clutch linkage. Mine made the same noise and had the same feel in the foot and leg but then went away. I did some research and people said to make sure linkage and firewall mounts for the clutch are tight and lubricated.
Do you still remember at what mileage it went away?
gaiamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #15
DChase
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 379443
Join Date: Jan 2014
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
World Rally Blue

Default

Sounds like you are being overly picky about the car. There is nothing wrong with it. Until you get to the point of pushing the clutch pedal down and the clutch does not disengage, there is probably nothing wrong with your car.

It's a Subaru, it makes noises. Just something you'll have to live with.
DChase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #16
gaiamaster
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 389569
Join Date: Apr 2014
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChase View Post
Sounds like you are being overly picky about the car. There is nothing wrong with it. Until you get to the point of pushing the clutch pedal down and the clutch does not disengage, there is probably nothing wrong with your car.

It's a Subaru, it makes noises. Just something you'll have to live with.
Thanks for the advice to a first time subaru owner. I will keep that in mind.
gaiamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #17
goldchain69
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 386708
Join Date: Apr 2014
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Fresno Ca
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

I have 2500 miles on my 2015 wrx and for about the last 500 miles I have noticed that the shifter in 4th gear has significantly more vibration than any other gear. All the other gears do not vibrate at all. Also if it is in 4th and I give any amount of gas then release the gas the shifter will move anywhere from 1/8" to almost at times 1/4" forward and back. I am going to talk with service tomorrow but does anybody else notice this.
goldchain69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #18
SoapBox
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 204578
Join Date: Mar 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Philadelphia
Vehicle:
S54 M3, N54 135i
In another life: REX8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldchain69 View Post
I have 2500 miles on my 2015 wrx and for about the last 500 miles I have noticed that the shifter in 4th gear has significantly more vibration than any other gear. All the other gears do not vibrate at all. Also if it is in 4th and I give any amount of gas then release the gas the shifter will move anywhere from 1/8" to almost at times 1/4" forward and back. I am going to talk with service tomorrow but does anybody else notice this.
Get used to it. First manual? Or first manual Subaru?
SoapBox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #19
rajalucy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 358957
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Kendall Miami
Vehicle:
2015 wrx
white

Default

mine make grinding noise when i turn on the AC.
3rd and 4th gear feel it has some play and make clink noise
rajalucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #20
Raven Logics
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 375611
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Alberta, Canada
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Sport 6MT
Galaxy Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimdajow06 View Post
Not completely unrelated but does anyone feel the shifting is kinda loose, sloppy? It was pretty stiff at first but after 250 miles on the car it's loosen up. I have a 6 spd wrx with the short throw installed. This is my first manual subaru so I'm not sure if it's normal.
Mine is still tight after about 750 miles. No STS.

Guys, remember that these cars are still breaking in. Unless something is obviously a problem then wait at least 2 or 3k before making any judgement calls.

Last edited by Raven Logics; 05-02-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Raven Logics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #21
Cheddar7171
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 370298
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Vehicle:
2013 Scion FRS
White

Default

Well my FRS does the same thing. Found it to be the clutch pedal ignition switch. Nothing you can really do if you find the switch to be loud.
Cheddar7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:24 PM   #22
goldchain69
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 386708
Join Date: Apr 2014
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Fresno Ca
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoapBox View Post
Get used to it. First manual? Or first manual Subaru?
no not my first but I was just curious because it only happens in 4th gear
goldchain69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #23
Gro Harlem
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 165782
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Gambrills, MD
Vehicle:
2012 JSW TDI Stage 2
02 stg4 & 15' WRX Limited

Default

~120 miles so far so good on my car. Subaru's aren't known for being refined, but I'll be pissed if I have any rattles or weird sounds in the first 10k on my car.

Sounds like your clutch pedal pedal linkage to me.
Gro Harlem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:58 PM   #24
BRZer86
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 380962
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DFW
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
WRB

Default

Identical issue in my BRZ. I believe they have a TSB for it, assuming the same issue grows in the WRX then they would issue one within the next couple of months.
BRZer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #25
DChase
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 379443
Join Date: Jan 2014
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
World Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gro Harlem View Post
~120 miles so far so good on my car. Subaru's aren't known for being refined, but I'll be pissed if I have any rattles or weird sounds in the first 10k on my car.

Sounds like your clutch pedal pedal linkage to me.
You are going to be pissed off then. Might want to start looking for a new car - perhaps in the $60k-$80k range if your expectations are really this high.
DChase is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.