Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Southern California Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC > SCIC Vendor Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #101
Vaughn Performance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (14)
 
Member#: 170489
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Sun Valley Ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard print View Post
Hi Anthony.

I have a pretty basic question. I already have the GTWorx Bilstein/RCE Yellow combo on my 2012 WRX hatch. I'm currently looking to purchase some sways and endlinks to compliment the setup. What do you recommend? My car is a DD.

Oh, and please send me a price quote for pick up for whatever you recommend.

Thanks for your help.
I'd go with whitleine 24mm/22mm adjustable bars and kartboy solid endlinks. I'll shoot you a PM with pricing.

-Anthony
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vaughn Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #102
flyguyeddy
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 236695
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: delavan, il
Vehicle:
1995 impreza outback
dark green/greyish

Default

car:
1995 impreza outback wagon, EG33 swap underway, stripped interior

parts gathered:
07 front sti arms
rear aluminum sti lat links
04 sti struts
03 wrx subframe and swaybar

parts on the "to get list"
04 sti rear hubs (will be paying for them today)
4/2 pot brakes, FHI or nissan, dont care which
coilover sleeves and springs @ 10"225#f/12"200#r
strut revalve by either you or odi (depending on lead time and such, i dont really care who lol)
roll cage minus a few of the bars required for rally (so i dont have to wear a helmet all the time)
Team Dynamics gravel wheels with grabber at2's
custom made camber correct 2" strut and trailing arm mount spacers (steel) and 1" subframe spacers (out of delrin)


what i want to do with this is be able to play in the mud/gravel roads locally here and run through fields and **** without having to worry about bottoming out/ ruining my suspension. a gravel revalve would probably be nice for this (as we have discussed on D.I.) i also will be driving this on the street so i dont want body roll to become an issue. would i be better off not running a rear swaybar or maybe a small one, or a nice sti rear bar and disconnects?
flyguyeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #103
Vaughn Performance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (14)
 
Member#: 170489
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Sun Valley Ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyeddy View Post

what i want to do with this is be able to play in the mud/gravel roads locally here and run through fields and **** without having to worry about bottoming out/ ruining my suspension. a gravel revalve would probably be nice for this (as we have discussed on D.I.) i also will be driving this on the street so i dont want body roll to become an issue. would i be better off not running a rear swaybar or maybe a small one, or a nice sti rear bar and disconnects?
The stuff that gets revalved that we do is done by Odi actually. We send work in to him.

Anyway, that's looking to be a good set up for what you have in mind. As for the swaybars, I'd run front/rear bars for tarmac, maybe the STi bars since STi arm's are going in. That's going to help with the roll on tarmac. Just disconnect the front for gravel. I have 22mm bars front/rear on my wagon. I run it with the front disconnected and leave the rear, feels excellent in dirt!! I'm on Kings and STi revalved struts. With the bars hooked up and good summer tires on, actually feels pretty darn good on tarmac!

You should add some bushings to that list as well. Since your doing a pretty extensive swap would be a good time to get some of them knocked out.

-Anthony
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vaughn Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #104
flyguyeddy
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 236695
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: delavan, il
Vehicle:
1995 impreza outback
dark green/greyish

Default

which ones? arent sti parts already equipped with group n bushings?
flyguyeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #105
aveera
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (16)
 
Member#: 174725
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange County, CA
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx Wagon
Silver

Default

Can you guys beat these prices. $385 shipped for RC Engineering 750cc injectors for my 02 Wrx? $79 shipped for a Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump with install kit shipped? Please let me know.
aveera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #106
flyguyeddy
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 236695
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: delavan, il
Vehicle:
1995 impreza outback
dark green/greyish

Default

Sounds like a good thing to ask via pm and not in a suspension thread.
flyguyeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #107
aveera
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (16)
 
Member#: 174725
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange County, CA
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx Wagon
Silver

Default

Ok, I didn't know that there were rules to PM but I'll do that... I did not know that this was a suspension thread either, It was part of the Vendor for sale threads... sorry to disappoint you...
aveera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #108
flyguyeddy
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 236695
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: delavan, il
Vehicle:
1995 impreza outback
dark green/greyish

Default

title of thread: "let me help build you a suspension system that suits your needs"

you right, i have no idea why anyone would think it was a suspension thread. i apologize.
flyguyeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #109
Flames4791
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)
 
Member#: 319172
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern California
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Platinum Silver Metallic

Default

Hi, I have a 2003 WRX on stock suspension. I would like the front and back to balance out a bit. Right now my rear end sits a lot lower than my front, like my springs are really worn or something because its noticeably lower than my friends 2002 wrx. I would like to lower the front by about 1.3 inches and try to match that height with the rear as well. I also would like to stop the rear from sagging so much when I have people in the back seat, so maybe stiffen it up. However, I do not want to spend too much. I am thinking eibach springs with exel g struts and add 1/4 butt spacers to rear. Opinions?
Flames4791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #110
Vaughn Performance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (14)
 
Member#: 170489
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Sun Valley Ca
Default

Sorry for the slow response folks, was out of town Friday and the over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyeddy View Post
which ones? arent sti parts already equipped with group n bushings?
The control arms and lat links. STi uses aluminum arm's, but the bushings are still normal durometer rubber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveera View Post
Can you guys beat these prices. $385 shipped for RC Engineering 750cc injectors for my 02 Wrx? $79 shipped for a Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump with install kit shipped? Please let me know.
I will PM you with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames4791 View Post
Hi, I have a 2003 WRX on stock suspension. I would like the front and back to balance out a bit. Right now my rear end sits a lot lower than my front, like my springs are really worn or something because its noticeably lower than my friends 2002 wrx. I would like to lower the front by about 1.3 inches and try to match that height with the rear as well. I also would like to stop the rear from sagging so much when I have people in the back seat, so maybe stiffen it up. However, I do not want to spend too much. I am thinking eibach springs with exel g struts and add 1/4 butt spacers to rear. Opinions?
Springs don't really wear out, other then maybe corroding. Do you have anything else that might be adding weight to your car that perhaps your friend's doesn't (i.e speaker box etc...). If the shock's are really shot, which if they are the oem bits from 02 it's quite likely they are, that can affect things a little as well.

Also, these cars visually look higher in the front, as the front wheel arches are cut a bit higher, even if the rear is sagging a little, it will look like more then it is.

1.3" inches of lowering is a bit too low for these cars. You'll start to run into geometry issues at that height. Most springs that lower these cars that much also use rates that are much too soft, and only exacerbate the geometry issues as the suspension compresses. If your looking to lower the car a bit without spending much, you could try Swift sport springs paired with KYB GR-2 struts. This set up isn't the most performance oriented upgrade, but if your looking for a mainly cosmetic drop it's the most reasonable. It lowers the car pretty evenly, but if you still wanted to add a little more rear rake you could run the spacers out back.

-Anthony
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vaughn Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:13 AM   #111
flyguyeddy
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 236695
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: delavan, il
Vehicle:
1995 impreza outback
dark green/greyish

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughn Performance View Post

The control arms and lat links. STi uses aluminum arm's, but the bushings are still normal durometer rubber.


damn. i was hoping this wasnt the case.

well maybe then i dont have to buy a new subframe then. i can just change out the bushing on the front of the control arm to fit my current subframe, and reinforce my swaybar mount.
flyguyeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #112
Vaughn Performance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (14)
 
Member#: 170489
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Sun Valley Ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyeddy View Post
well maybe then i dont have to buy a new subframe then. i can just change out the bushing on the front of the control arm to fit my current subframe,
I'm not sure what you mean by that? The bushings I mean are the one's pressed into the control arms/lateral links themselves. The bushings themselves would remain the same design, just a firmer rubber, if uprated to the group N one's I mean.

-Anthony
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vaughn Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #113
flyguyeddy
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 236695
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: delavan, il
Vehicle:
1995 impreza outback
dark green/greyish

Default

but couldnt i just put the GC bushing in the front of the 07 sti arms i have? that way they will fit in the 95 subframe on the car? signs point to the OD of the busing being the same as the early cars (or all of them for that matter, just changed sleeve width, which is what screws me on a gc install)
flyguyeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #114
flyguyeddy
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)
 
Member#: 236695
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: delavan, il
Vehicle:
1995 impreza outback
dark green/greyish

Default

i speak of the front control arms. i will most likely run a gd rear subframe.
flyguyeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #115
Vaughn Performance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (14)
 
Member#: 170489
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Sun Valley Ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyeddy View Post
but couldnt i just put the GC bushing in the front of the 07 sti arms i have? that way they will fit in the 95 subframe on the car? signs point to the OD of the busing being the same as the early cars (or all of them for that matter, just changed sleeve width, which is what screws me on a gc install)
That I couldn't tell for you for sure. I can't say we've ever tried it.

-Anthony
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vaughn Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:44 AM   #116
MarckWRX
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)
 
Member#: 301960
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Camp Pendleton
Vehicle:
2011 STi
Wrb

Default

Hey Anthony! I bought swaybars f and r from you not long ago for my 2011 Wrx, and they were great but I want something stiffer I guess? But also I changed over to a 2011 sti sedan so what suggestions do you have as far as sway bars? Also what coilovers would you suggest I should buy?
MarckWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #117
Vaughn Performance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (14)
 
Member#: 170489
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Sun Valley Ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarckWRX View Post
Hey Anthony! I bought swaybars f and r from you not long ago for my 2011 Wrx, and they were great but I want something stiffer I guess? But also I changed over to a 2011 sti sedan so what suggestions do you have as far as sway bars? Also what coilovers would you suggest I should buy?
Stiffer as in you wanted less roll, or ride quality wise? I'd suggest the same 24/22mm adjustable front/rear bars, that paired with the higher spring rates of the coilovers will make the car have very little roll in corners. You don't want to go too high in bar rate or spring rate or you'll run into problems.

I recommend going with AST 4100 single adjustable coilovers for street/track use. We can pick a spring rate depending on how much track driving you do vs street driving.

-Anthony
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vaughn Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:20 AM   #118
Ismokeyou
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 287201
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange County
Vehicle:
2006 2.5i
Regal Blue Pearl

Default

Hey! You know if a 05 sti rear sway will fit on a 2006 2.5i?
Ismokeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #119
Vaughn Performance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (14)
 
Member#: 170489
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Sun Valley Ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismokeyou View Post
Hey! You know if a 05 sti rear sway will fit on a 2006 2.5i?
No STi rear swaybar is a little different because the rear lateral links are different between the STi and the 2.5i. I can get you a Whiteline 24mm adjustable rear swaybar for you car though if your interested? $215 for that one.

-Anthony
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vaughn Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:53 AM   #120
Ismokeyou
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 287201
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange County
Vehicle:
2006 2.5i
Regal Blue Pearl

Default

Picked up a 20mm wrx sway with endlinks bushings and mounts. Going to have my buddy sandblast and paint it tomorrow. Also have a whiteline rca kit waiting to be installed. What else should I replace? And what hardware do I need to install my rear sway or do I use the old bolts in the new mounts?
Ismokeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #121
Ismokeyou
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 287201
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange County
Vehicle:
2006 2.5i
Regal Blue Pearl

Default

Anyone know what bolts I need for the mounts on a 20mm sway and endlinks bolts?
Ismokeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:53 PM   #122
Ismokeyou
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
 
Member#: 287201
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange County
Vehicle:
2006 2.5i
Regal Blue Pearl

Default

Soo now I've got the 20mm swaybar in the rear, bc coilovers sitting flush in the front and tucking a bit of tire in the rear. Installed the whiteline rca kit, what else should I do? Hah


Sent from my iPhone using NASIOC
Ismokeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:02 PM   #123
rymaggi
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (16)
 
Member#: 253442
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: El Dorado Hills / Folsom / Sac
Vehicle:
2006 V7 Sti 6speed
Built motor 20g // 446whp

Default Let me help you build a suspension system that suits your needs.

2006 wrx wagon

Fully built 466whp

Full v7 sti drivetrain

22 F&R sway bars HD Endlinks
RCA kit
Sti front control arms
ALK Kit
BC BR Coilovers 8/7k swift springs

Enkei RPF1's 17x9 245/40 direzzi z2's

Ride height 14" all around

Corner balanced

2.0 front camber
1.5 rear camber
6.5 caster

Want to fine tune it, replace parts need be.

Cars purpose, DD with track duties.

Looking for flat cornering and high speed stability, and also not a complete crap ride quality.

I've noticed at high speeds around bends if I throttle out or messáge the brakes at all it gives me a nasty pitch and feels like I'm going to spin out ass first.

Overall, I want it to handle like a a slot car. And be more overall stable, the car doesn't give me the feedback to be comfortable at higher speeds as I feel it should.

The first thing that came to my mind was stiffer sways and better coils.


Sent from my iPhone using NASIOC
rymaggi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #124
Vaughn Performance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (14)
 
Member#: 170489
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Sun Valley Ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismokeyou View Post
Soo now I've got the 20mm swaybar in the rear, bc coilovers sitting flush in the front and tucking a bit of tire in the rear. Installed the whiteline rca kit, what else should I do? Hah


Sent from my iPhone using NASIOC
It really depends on what you are looking to achieve with your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymaggi View Post
2006 wrx wagon

Fully built 466whp

Full v7 sti drivetrain

22 F&R sway bars HD Endlinks
RCA kit
Sti front control arms
ALK Kit
BC BR Coilovers 8/7k swift springs

Enkei RPF1's 17x9 245/40 direzzi z2's

Ride height 14" all around

Corner balanced

2.0 front camber
1.5 rear camber
6.5 caster

Want to fine tune it, replace parts need be.

Cars purpose, DD with track duties.

Looking for flat cornering and high speed stability, and also not a complete crap ride quality.

I've noticed at high speeds around bends if I throttle out or messáge the brakes at all it gives me a nasty pitch and feels like I'm going to spin out ass first.

Overall, I want it to handle like a a slot car. And be more overall stable, the car doesn't give me the feedback to be comfortable at higher speeds as I feel it should.

The first thing that came to my mind was stiffer sways and better coils.


Sent from my iPhone using NASIOC
I would go with 24mm bars front/rear, with adjustable rear bar. Having the adjustable rear bar is nice for dialing more or less oversteer in/out quickly.

I would also start replacing some of the more major drivetrain and suspension arm bushings. That will help immensely with feedback and response. The rear gets a lot of deflection during cornering, resulting in dynamic alignment changes that equate to a less predictable rear. I would do forward/rear trailing arm bushes, as well as lat links and drivetrain bushes.

Up front I would do front control arm bushing, steering rack. I can set you up with complete bushing bundle for the rear that does the suspension links for $280, the subframe and diff lock bolts for $100.

Drop me a line on here, I can help you get an order sorted.

-Anthony
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vaughn Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #125
rymaggi
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (16)
 
Member#: 253442
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: El Dorado Hills / Folsom / Sac
Vehicle:
2006 V7 Sti 6speed
Built motor 20g // 446whp

Default

For sure.

I have the whitelines steering rack bushing.

And rear outrigger bushings, Kartboy subframe lockdown bolts and rear diff bushings.

Send me a pm of the list I need and how much and when I get paid ill pm you back.


Sent from my iPhone using NASIOC
rymaggi is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALBANY - Need Help with an Install? Let me help! RubbleDTD Tri-State Area Forum 22 07-06-2009 10:25 PM
Why is that so funny? Let me tell you! Actually, on second thought, nevermind... Asinine Off-Topic 19 06-25-2008 07:39 PM
Hey, let me tell you something that Im telling everyone I know who cares! (or doesnt) Innocent World South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC 27 09-15-2006 04:02 PM
Let me help you clean out your garage - takeoffs wanted Elwood Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 17 10-05-2004 12:41 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.