Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #16426
DirknJirkn13
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 249696
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: FL
Vehicle:
2010 Outback Sport
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08PrezaDave View Post
I am moving to Florida next month. My last day here is july 16th.
Where in Florida?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DirknJirkn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #16427
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
09 2.S"low"
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

I'm about to pull the trigger on some replica BBS RS. The real deal is WAAAAY to expensive so yea. Thinking STR 606 they look good in this picture.
But in this one they look at bit off. I don't know if It's just me though anyone else seeing that too?

Heres a photoshopped pic by Cmac13 of what they would look like. \
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:07 PM   #16428
IllwaukeeNA2.5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 330830
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Waukesha
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza2.5i 5dr
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie View Post
I'm about to pull the trigger on some replica BBS RS. The real deal is WAAAAY to expensive so yea. Thinking STR 606 they look good in this picture. But in this one they look at bit off. I don't know if It's just me though anyone else seeing that too? Heres a photoshopped pic by Cmac13 of what they would look like. \
STRs look odd and aren't very nice replicas in real life. I would go with some Klutch SL1 wheels if you're going for the BBS meshy look. They look great in real life and have the same style but aren't exactly the same. People I know with STRs say the ride quality is pretty rough too since they're such cheap wheels
IllwaukeeNA2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:38 PM   #16429
bluesguyej25
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 296643
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: NM, and back to TX
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
SS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie View Post
I'm about to pull the trigger on some replica BBS RS. The real deal is WAAAAY to expensive so yea. Thinking STR 606 they look good in this picture.
is your front end lower than your back end?
bluesguyej25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:48 PM   #16430
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
09 2.S"low"
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllwaukeeNA2.5 View Post
STRs look odd and aren't very nice replicas in real life. I would go with some Klutch SL1 wheels if you're going for the BBS meshy look. They look great in real life and have the same style but aren't exactly the same. People I know with STRs say the ride quality is pretty rough too since they're such cheap wheels
See the problem is the Klutch SL1's largest size is 16x9. The STR's come in the perfect size though 17x9.5+20. Ive been looking at CNT racing, ESM, STR, Privat Remembers(saw in real life have weird convex face), Felgen Works, XXR 536 (don't like the no lug cover design) Also non of them come in any good sizes.


is your front end lower than your back end? - Yea i got a little front rake.
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:30 PM   #16431
IllwaukeeNA2.5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 330830
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Waukesha
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza2.5i 5dr
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie View Post
See the problem is the Klutch SL1's largest size is 16x9. The STR's come in the perfect size though 17x9.5+20. Ive been looking at CNT racing, ESM, STR, Privat Remembers(saw in real life have weird convex face), Felgen Works, XXR 536 (don't like the no lug cover design) Also non of them come in any good sizes. is your front end lower than your back end? - Yea i got a little front rake.
Nevermind the Klutches, I forgot about the small sizes in the model. Check out Avant Garde. They have the same wheel with awesome sizes. Check out wagenwheels.com
IllwaukeeNA2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:18 AM   #16432
SCNEot
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 344260
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New Hampshire
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza OBS
Sage Green

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermack View Post
Flares on a 2.5??? o_O
Pick one of the 08-10 wrx ones on interior/exterior modifications section, i like where hammerpants is going with his.
SCNEot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:50 AM   #16433
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
09 2.S"low"
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllwaukeeNA2.5 View Post
Nevermind the Klutches, I forgot about the small sizes in the model. Check out Avant Garde. They have the same wheel with awesome sizes. Check out wagenwheels.com
Yeaaaaa Avant Grade has some sick looking wheels... But I would actually save about $2000 buying real BBS RS's lol.(talking about the forged series) It would be so much easier to find a set of wheels if my fenders were not already pulled so much.
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #16434
IllwaukeeNA2.5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 330830
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Waukesha
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza2.5i 5dr
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie View Post
Yeaaaaa Avant Grade has some sick looking wheels... But I would actually save about $2000 buying real BBS RS's lol.(talking about the forged series) It would be so much easier to find a set of wheels if my fenders were not already pulled so much.
The non forged are all around $1000. Haha I have the same issue, my car looks so sunken on my stock wheels because of my rolled and pulled fenders :/
IllwaukeeNA2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:50 AM   #16435
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
09 2.S"low"
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllwaukeeNA2.5 View Post
The non forged are all around $1000. Haha I have the same issue, my car looks so sunken on my stock wheels because of my rolled and pulled fenders :/
I like the m220 but they only come in 18x8 with 5x100. :l
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:59 AM   #16436
08PrezaDave
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 243064
Join Date: Apr 2010
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Newport blue

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirknJirkn13 View Post
Where in Florida?
Pensacola
08PrezaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #16437
IllwaukeeNA2.5
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 330830
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Waukesha
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza2.5i 5dr
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie View Post
I like the m220 but they only come in 18x8 with 5x100. :l
http://www.moddedeuros.com/products/..._sszR0gRvD_BwE 18x9 +30. Would be perfect with some spacers
IllwaukeeNA2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:35 PM   #16438
brooke2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 359689
Join Date: Jun 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
White

Default

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to take off the trim by the ac controls ?
brooke2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:53 PM   #16439
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke2.5i View Post
Hey guys, Does anyone know how to take off the trim by the ac controls ?
Pry it off with a plastic knife. Or a metal knife with a towel wrapped around it to not scratch it. It just pulls off.
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #16440
brooke2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 359689
Join Date: Jun 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfootwork15 View Post
Pry it off with a plastic knife. Or a metal knife with a towel wrapped around it to not scratch it. It just pulls off.
Yes but the have controls are attached to the trim with four screws how do I take this out without removing the cables if possible?
brooke2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #16441
bluesguyej25
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 296643
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: NM, and back to TX
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
SS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke2.5i View Post
Yes but the have controls are attached to the trim with four screws how do I take this out without removing the cables if possible?
i tired doing that yesterday..you have to remove the ac controls and the wires that operate the air switch, and the cold/heat panel. thats the only way i got it off...
bluesguyej25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:50 PM   #16442
TravisM
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 295506
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belvidere, IL
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza 2.5i Pr
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

TravisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:28 PM   #16443
specter73
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 372055
Join Date: Oct 2013
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: NB, Canada
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i 5d
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke2.5i View Post
Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to take off the trim by the ac controls ?
Gotta get your hand in behind and remove the wires, its not hard to do. If you need a little extra space and a better view remove the glove box too.
specter73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #16444
brooke2.5i
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 359689
Join Date: Jun 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by specter73 View Post
Gotta get your hand in behind and remove the wires, its not hard to do. If you need a little extra space and a better view remove the glove box too.
I'm having trouble removing the cables and the screws.
brooke2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:24 PM   #16445
Slow Scoobie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 320464
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Monmouth, NJ
Vehicle:
09 2.S"low"
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllwaukeeNA2.5 View Post
http://www.moddedeuros.com/products/..._sszR0gRvD_BwE 18x9 +30. Would be perfect with some spacers
Trying to stay with 17s, (18s if i have no other option) Im considering the m220 I really like them I'll get them as a last resort but damn son 30lbs a piece!

Hey fancyfootwork what's your opinion on this beginner dslr. I wanted the d5300 but am considering the d3300. Only wanted the tiltyflippy screen and 39af points of the 5300. Mainly gonna be shooting landscapes, cars, people. Thinking of getting a 35 1.8 cuz of the crop. Then some zoom lens like a 70-200 or something. Don't know if I should get a kit lens or body only.
Slow Scoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:38 PM   #16446
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Scoobie View Post
Hey fancyfootwork what's your opinion on this beginner dslr. I wanted the d5300 but am considering the d3300. Only wanted the tiltyflippy screen and 39af points of the 5300. Mainly gonna be shooting landscapes, cars, people. Thinking of getting a 35 1.8 cuz of the crop. Then some zoom lens like a 70-200 or something. Don't know if I should get a kit lens or body only.
Either will be good as starters. I would lean toward the 5300 more because I personally like more AF points. It will also retain its value better. However, focus and recomposing is very easy. 35 1.8 is a solid dirt cheap lens for DX bodies. You will be sitting at the 50mm range (35 x 1.5 = 50). I would also look into the 28mm 1.8G if you can swing the price tag.

Generally you can get a kit lens for dirt cheap bundled with a body. Otherwise go with the body and the 35. However, you will quickly want to have different options. The kit lens isn't bad per-say for beginners. The glass itself isn't bad, the speed of the lens is what sucks about them. The 70-200 is fantastic, but it may be a little bit long on a crop body.

I would look into a 50 1.8g also for portraits. You will be sitting at 75mm which is nearing the 85mm mark which I highly prefer for portraits. Remember though, focal length is one thing.. but proper lighting and skill is where portrait work really shines. Look into an off camera flash. I use a SB700 and am very happy with it.

D5300 ($800 +/-), 35 1.8g DX ($200) and the 50mm 1.8g ($200) = $1,200 to start. Pretty solid starting kit. It's all about practice, practice, practice!
fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:33 AM   #16447
specter73
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 372055
Join Date: Oct 2013
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: NB, Canada
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i 5d
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke2.5i View Post
I'm having trouble removing the cables and the screws.
Remove your glove box so you can get a better view of it. On the bottom right side theres that arm-like thing holding it up, pull that off from the bottom, then on the inside of the box you'll see a large tab on either side that you'll need to pull towards the inside, this can be a little tricky to get both sides in together so that it can be pulled forward, once you've got it tilt the whole thing down and its out.




Now that its out you can see the wire in behind. To get the wire off the lever there is a small tab sticking out of the top of where its latched on, you'll need to push this down and you can pull the wire loop off. The insulated part of the wire is also clamped down further to the left. You'll need to pull down on the bottom part of the clamp and you should be able to pop the wire out.



For the driver's side its a little trickier because there's not really a good way to see what you're doing, but its exactly the same as the passenger side.
Once both wires are detached unplug the three electrical harnesses and the whole thing will come out. Then you can unscrew the unit from the back of the trim piece.

This is what the unit looks like on its own to give you an idea
specter73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:15 PM   #16448
bluesguyej25
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 296643
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: NM, and back to TX
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
SS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by specter73 View Post
Remove your glove box so you can get a better view of it. On the bottom right side theres that arm-like thing holding it up, pull that off from the bottom, then on the inside of the box you'll see a large tab on either side that you'll need to pull towards the inside, this can be a little tricky to get both sides in together so that it can be pulled forward, once you've got it tilt the whole thing down and its out.




Now that its out you can see the wire in behind. To get the wire off the lever there is a small tab sticking out of the top of where its latched on, you'll need to push this down and you can pull the wire loop off. The insulated part of the wire is also clamped down further to the left. You'll need to pull down on the bottom part of the clamp and you should be able to pop the wire out.



For the driver's side its a little trickier because there's not really a good way to see what you're doing, but its exactly the same as the passenger side.
Once both wires are detached unplug the three electrical harnesses and the whole thing will come out. Then you can unscrew the unit from the back of the trim piece.

This is what the unit looks like on its own to give you an idea
You are a gentelman and a scholar thanks!!
bluesguyej25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:52 PM   #16449
specter73
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 372055
Join Date: Oct 2013
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: NB, Canada
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i 5d
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesguyej25 View Post

You are a gentelman and a scholar thanks!!
No problem, happy to be of service
specter73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #16450
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Got bored today so I shot my car.







fancyfootwork15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 2.5i and 08 Sti Suspension WRXbrother Brakes, Steering & Suspension 7 03-24-2012 02:14 PM
Will an 08 WRX intake fit an 08 2.5i? Racing101 Normally Aspirated Powertrain 26 01-19-2012 11:57 AM
08 STI Wing on 08 2.5i impreza juny102004 Interior & Exterior Modification 13 01-18-2012 09:46 AM
Will 08+ WRX gauges swap into 08+ 2.5i? Simeon Priest Interior & Exterior Modification 10 03-26-2010 02:17 PM
08 2.5i mod question deunique1 Impreza Forum 1 10-03-2007 02:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.