Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Vancouver Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 12:51 AM   #26
alcoolaid
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134949
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver, BC
Vehicle:
'07 SWP STi
Instagram | arthurlam89

Default

I think I heard it was in north van? Could be wrong
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
alcoolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #27
S38B36
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 374253
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default

Nice surprise, congrats

I see more than a few people coming by with rather large jerry cans lol.

With the map switching capability of ecutek, your announcement is timely.

Cheers
S38B36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #28
wankeldude
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 242032
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default

E85 is now available in West Vancouver, British Columbia.
Arcade station - 4370 Marine Drive


wankeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:10 PM   #29
mrjason
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 110929
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Burnaby
Vehicle:
2004 STI
WRB

Default

Any other octane gas there?

How bout some Legit 94!
mrjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:26 PM   #30
wankeldude
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 242032
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default

We just have Regular, Diesel, and E85.
The most legit fuel you can do without any upgrades is 90% Chevron 94 mixed with 10% E85
wankeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:35 AM   #31
mazdan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322018
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Default

Now I just need Cobb to release a flex fuel option for the accessport.
mazdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:18 PM   #32
alcoolaid
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 134949
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver, BC
Vehicle:
'07 SWP STi
Instagram | arthurlam89

Default

Anyone test the fuel yet? Curious if it's actually e85 and not like e70 or something
alcoolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #33
wankeldude
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 242032
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcoolaid View Post
Anyone test the fuel yet? Curious if it's actually e85 and not like e70 or something
I'm happy to show you on my Ethanol Content Analyzer.
it is not going to be worse than 85 percent ethanol in the summer.

April 15-Oct 1 - 85 percent
Oct 1- April 15 - 80 percent.

This is based on Canadian General Standards Board definition of E85 for our geographic location which is Area "A"

- Amir
wankeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #34
wankeldude
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 242032
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdan View Post
Now I just need Cobb to release a flex fuel option for the accessport.
We have quite a few customers that are not happy with 94 octane performance in their vehicles, even stock. Any forced induction engine, or even NA with higher compression will benefit by adding 10% of E85 to the mix. We have seen many bone stock cars pull timing and audibly knock on plain 94 octane (which contains zero ethanol)

No tune needed to add 10% E85.
wankeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #35
Outlaw44
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 308300
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default

10% of what your fuel tank holds. So if Your a 40litre tank 4 litres of e85. Pretty far to drive for few litres of fuel.

IMO that far to risky bit to have a car run on it not tuned. what are the risk factors ? here if we put more than 10% in. By accident of course and even saying let's push the limits and put 12 litres of it on 40l tank.

Tune your cars ppl


Sent from my iPhone using NASIOC
Outlaw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:03 PM   #36
wankeldude
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 242032
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw44 View Post
10% of what your fuel tank holds. So if Your a 40litre tank 4 litres of e85. Pretty far to drive for few litres of fuel.

IMO that far to risky bit to have a car run on it not tuned. what are the risk factors ? here if we put more than 10% in. By accident of course and even saying let's push the limits and put 12 litres of it on 40l tank.

Tune your cars ppl


Sent from my iPhone using NASIOC
- I agree. tuning on the fuel you intend on using is the right way to go. However, for folks that have a stock tune or even a 94 octane tune, adding 10% ethanol is a great way to ensure you don't get the knock associated with plenty of high static compression cars out there as well as forced induction cars that knock right off the dealership floor running our 94 octane

- the majority of fuel purchased from any gas station in the lower mainland has 10% ethanol added. 94 octane in BC does not. Adding 10% ethanol to it is no more risk than all the other fuel you buy anyway. If your car has a stock tune or tuned for 94 octane, adding 10% has been hugely successful.

- as for availability and how far you have to travel, we use jerry cans to keep a stock of E85 and add to 94 octane every time we fill up. Small price to pay to ensure you aren't constantly knocking or even limp mode as many people have experienced with straight BC 94 octane.
wankeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #37
mazdan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322018
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankeldude View Post
We have quite a few customers that are not happy with 94 octane performance in their vehicles, even stock. Any forced induction engine, or even NA with higher compression will benefit by adding 10% of E85 to the mix. We have seen many bone stock cars pull timing and audibly knock on plain 94 octane (which contains zero ethanol)

No tune needed to add 10% E85.
I'm already protuned so it's not worth the 30min drive to add 10% E85.
What I would like is the ability to run straight E85 when I want extra power and increased fuel consumption (like autocross), and then have the car sense how much ethanol is in the fuel and switch to the appropriate map when I'm doing regular city driving on pump gas.
I'm pretty sure Cobb has flex fuel for the GTR already and I'm hoping they will implement it for Subaru soon.
mazdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:20 PM   #38
wankeldude
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 242032
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdan View Post
I'm already protuned so it's not worth the 30min drive to add 10% E85.
What I would like is the ability to run straight E85 when I want extra power and increased fuel consumption (like autocross), and then have the car sense how much ethanol is in the fuel and switch to the appropriate map when I'm doing regular city driving on pump gas.
I'm pretty sure Cobb has flex fuel for the GTR already and I'm hoping they will implement it for Subaru soon.
if you're protuned on 94 octane BC fuel, your timing is at least 4-5 degrees less than what it would be with 10% added. In fact most forced induction cars need to run considerably less timing in order to prevent knock correction on straight 94 octane fuel in British Columbia. My 2012 and 2015 STI's included.
wankeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.