Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday October 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #1
WolfmanAGS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 383483
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
DGM

Default Resist All Treatment

Anyone purchase this product for their Subaru, thoughts? Covers exterior and the leather seats as well.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WolfmanAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
Silver15wrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 388403
Vehicle:
2015 Wrx
Ice Silver

I got enviroguard ng resist all on my 2015 wrx and honestly I'm not sure about it, my car looks great, I hear that quartz finest ceramic coating is really the way to go, but it is pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using NASIOC
Silver15wrx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #3
Silver15wrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 388403
Vehicle:
2015 Wrx
Ice Silver

I think they throw it in to make the warranty sound better.

Silver15wrx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #4
JustinTimeBoost
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 389296
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Ordered
ISM

If you want low-maintenance, definitely go with a paint coating like Opti-Coat or CQuartz Finest. I'd recommend not having anything done at the dealer as long-lasting protection is all in the prep work, and generally quality detailing is not a dealer's forte. It appears that Resist All is a paint sealant, which will need frequent reapplication to stay effective. I'd stay away, and either apply a coating yourself for under $100, or pay to have it done for at least $500.
JustinTimeBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:41 AM   #5
WolfmanAGS
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
DGM

From what they say it has a 7 year warranty but I am hesitant that it would actually last that long.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
JustinTimeBoost
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 389296
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Ordered
ISM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanAGS View Post
From what they say it has a 7 year warranty but I am hesitant that it would actually last that long.
It won't. To maintain that warranty you generally have to go back for reapplication, say every 6 months. It says on their site it's a paint sealant. You could apply a sealant yourself more often for less money.

Generally any service like this that is through the dealer is overpriced and less effective than other alternatives. Just a way for them to make extra money.

How much are they asking for this?
JustinTimeBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:08 PM   #7
WolfmanAGS
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTimeBoost View Post
It won't. To maintain that warranty you generally have to go back for reapplication, say every 6 months. It says on their site it's a paint sealant. You could apply a sealant yourself more often for less money.

Generally any service like this that is through the dealer is overpriced and less effective than other alternatives. Just a way for them to make extra money.

How much are they asking for this?

They are asking for about $640 for exterior and interior. I'm trying to get out of it as they never mentioned reapplication, etc and didn't see a contract.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:54 PM   #8
extransam
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 287109
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
04 WRX 2.2 Hybrid
WRB

Quote:
Definitely pass. Anything that is advertised as effective on both paint AND leather is comprising on both ends, and it is either much too aggressive for leather or not strong enough for paint.

Like JustinTime said, if it is a sealant, that will wear off within 6 months *if* you maintain proper care of your car.

As recommended previously, invest in a real detailer whose career is putting paint coatings on cars. He will use OptiCoat or CQuartz, and a separate product for your leather. If you find one, you can have it done right after you take delivery to reduce cost of correcting any paint imperfections.

(You can even do your leather, just get some Lexol Cleaner + Conditioner or HD Protect or Chemical Guys...etc.)

PM me if you need recommendations/more advice.
extransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #9
WolfmanAGS
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by extransam View Post
Definitely pass. Anything that is advertised as effective on both paint AND leather is comprising on both ends, and it is either much too aggressive for leather or not strong enough for paint.

Like JustinTime said, if it is a sealant, that will wear off within 6 months *if* you maintain proper care of your car.

As recommended previously, invest in a real detailer whose career is putting paint coatings on cars. He will use OptiCoat or CQuartz, and a separate product for your leather. If you find one, you can have it done right after you take delivery to reduce cost of correcting any paint imperfections.

(You can even do your leather, just get some Lexol Cleaner + Conditioner or HD Protect or Chemical Guys...etc.)

PM me if you need recommendations/more advice.
Thanks for the advice, my salesman is being non-responsive about not doing the treatment. They better get back to me about this, they can't expect me to pay for a treatment I haven't done.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:45 PM   #10
SkorpionZ
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 365986
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 Saabaru
Brilliant Red

It works really well. Not just saying that as a salesman for Subaru. My car had quite a bit of bird..reside on it. Had my recon guys clean it up, said it was the hardest thing ever to get off so they resistalled it and the next time it basically slid right off the car with a spray. Also has some very nice looking beads as well which I can't help but love. Not sure the longevity of it though.

EDIT: And there will be a contract.
SkorpionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:19 PM   #11
WolfmanAGS
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkorpionZ View Post
It works really well. Not just saying that as a salesman for Subaru. My car had quite a bit of bird..reside on it. Had my recon guys clean it up, said it was the hardest thing ever to get off so they resistalled it and the next time it basically slid right off the car with a spray. Also has some very nice looking beads as well which I can't help but love. Not sure the longevity of it though.

EDIT: And there will be a contract.
I'm sure it works great when maintained, but when it was sold to me it was apply once pitch. Never mentioned reapplication every 6 months or so it keep it warrantied. My sales guy finally got back to me and said I can cancel. I'd rather put that money towards winter rims/tires.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:16 PM   #12
extransam
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 287109
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
04 WRX 2.2 Hybrid
WRB

Quote:
I'm sure it works great when maintained, but when it was sold to me it was apply once pitch. Never mentioned reapplication every 6 months or so it keep it warrantied. My sales guy finally got back to me and said I can cancel. I'd rather put that money towards winter rims/tires.
Good to hear. Find a local detailer in your area to apply Opticoat for ~$400 if you take the car to him brand new and that will last you a few years if you maintain your paint well. Or you can buy your own tube of Opticoat 2.0 (the non-pro licensed stuff) for $80 and apply yourself after any scratches are out.
extransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:05 AM   #13
WolfmanAGS
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited CVT
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by extransam View Post
Good to hear. Find a local detailer in your area to apply Opticoat for ~$400 if you take the car to him brand new and that will last you a few years if you maintain your paint well. Or you can buy your own tube of Opticoat 2.0 (the non-pro licensed stuff) for $80 and apply yourself after any scratches are out.

Any tips on application of opticoat? My friend also recommended Klasse sealant, any thoughts on the two? Lastly, should I apply before putting clear bra on the front end?

Old 08-22-2014, 12:12 AM   #14
ensign11
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 388125
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2002 wrx wagon
silver

ok as a detailer for a dealership that uses envirogaurd resist all, I hate it. the interior stuff for the plastics and upholstery is ok but I havent been impressed with it on my sister's car. as for the sealant, there are better ones, and ones that dont leave a haze on the car. I honestly think a good paste wax does better and lasts longer. the little trick they do to sell it in the show room is only claying half of the car and then spray hair spray which shows all the dirt on the side that isnt clayed. ive been told I must not clean the car properly by the resist all rep. the warranty is nice if the dealership cant fix it, then it goes to envirogaurd but the claim has to be filed within 30 days
ensign11 is offline   Reply With Quote