Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #22651
Clean14
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 387268
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJusto View Post
Stock cat-pipe re-installed sounds perfect now all rumble no rasp at higher rpms.
http://youtu.be/bIrbe1EYNbg
Sounds awesome. What's your setup?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Clean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:46 PM   #22652
JJusto
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 367091
Join Date: Aug 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Santa Clarita,CA
Vehicle:
2012 Subaru Impreza
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean14 View Post
Sounds awesome. What's your setup?
Rallisport Racing UEL Headers with stock cat-pipe and 2.5 inch mandrel bent catback.
JJusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #22653
Clean14
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 387268
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJusto View Post
Rallisport Racing UEL Headers with stock cat-pipe and 2.5 inch mandrel bent catback.
No name brand muffler? Also is that plasti dip on your wheels? What color is that?
Clean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:50 PM   #22654
JJusto
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 367091
Join Date: Aug 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Santa Clarita,CA
Vehicle:
2012 Subaru Impreza
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean14 View Post
No name brand muffler? Also is that plasti dip on your wheels? What color is that?
Oh yeah sorry, it is a magnaflow 11236 muffler with a dual exit angle cut tips. It's actually spray paint cans, my friend and I did it together primer, paint, and clearcoat that cost me $120-$150. The clearcoat is really strong though, it does not chip at all.
JJusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #22655
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

Random question.

Does anyone know if there's an easy way (or some reset the dealer can do) to have the map lights come on when you open the doors? The center some light comes on, and that's fine, but it'd be great if the map lights did too. I have LED's in all 3 ceiling lights, and although it's bright inside with just the dome, it's too dark up in the front without clicking your map lights on (such as arranging your stuff in the cup holder). I mean, it's going on almost 2 years that I've put up with it, but figured I'd ask. In my Si you could and it was great and super bright.


13 Impreza Sport GP
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:48 PM   #22656
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefifth View Post
Local subaru parts dept:

The cost of the block heater $132.95
Installed $289.70 and I do have it in
Stock.

Not as bad as someone said they were quoted. But not cheap.
Hey, i just reported what the dealer i go to quoted me. I didn't check any others. I spent around 145 including a gallon of coolant and the exhaust gaskets. Those aren't in the quote i bet, they are in the one i got
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #22657
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagewhiteboy View Post
Random question.

Does anyone know if there's an easy way (or some reset the dealer can do) to have the map lights come on when you open the doors? The center some light comes on, and that's fine, but it'd be great if the map lights did too. I have LED's in all 3 ceiling lights, and although it's bright inside with just the dome, it's too dark up in the front without clicking your map lights on (such as arranging your stuff in the cup holder). I mean, it's going on almost 2 years that I've put up with it, but figured I'd ask. In my Si you could and it was great and super bright.


13 Impreza Sport GP
Would have to be rewired, it isn't a VW with a lighting computer
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:06 AM   #22658
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

Weaksauce.


13 Impreza Sport GP
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:45 AM   #22659
millertime359
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 393302
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Holland, MI
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza Sport

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
Hey, i just reported what the dealer i go to quoted me. I didn't check any others. I spent around 145 including a gallon of coolant and the exhaust gaskets. Those aren't in the quote i bet, they are in the one i got
He got quoted $60 less than you did, hardly see that as a "big difference". Honestly, end of the day it is a quote. Doesn't mean it couldn't cost more if problems are run into.

Fifth,

If you have the dealer install it, please report back what the final total comes to and how long it took.
millertime359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:54 AM   #22660
Thefifth
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 389497
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

I'll ask them if they'll install the "incorrect" part since Subaru sells other 36mm threaded heaters for much cheaper. Otherwise, no. I'm not having them install it.


Looking at other options though, does anyone have any idea where one might put a circulating tank heater? Supposedly it's supposed to be low in the engine and all of this:

Quote:
The supply hose
to the heater and the return hose to the engine should be as far apart as possible. The coolant return port on the engine
should be higher than the coolant supply port.

Last edited by Thefifth; 08-13-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Thefifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #22661
foghelmut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328414
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Jersey
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza SP 5MT
obsidian pearl black

Default

Is there a Subaru head unit with video screen that I can install a back up camera with? I know there are two different video screen head units. I just want to be able to plug things in as if stock.
foghelmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:35 AM   #22662
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghelmut View Post
Is there a Subaru head unit with video screen that I can install a back up camera with? I know there are two different video screen head units. I just want to be able to plug things in as if stock.
Why does it have to be a Subaru HU? You've certainly seen how many people on this forum have had good luck with Pioneer HUs (and other brands). All it takes is a steering wheel control unit to keep the functionality of your steering wheel buttons. You'll get better audio and user interface with aftermarket vs. OEM.
sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #22663
Commander Keen
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319157
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 4DR 5MT

Default

Quote:
I'll ask them if they'll install the "incorrect" part since Subaru sells other 36mm threaded heaters for much cheaper. Otherwise, no. I'm not having them install it.
I'm running this part with no issues. You just have to rotate the heater so the plug clears the manifold. It costs about $35.

Quote:
Looking at other options though, does anyone have any idea where one might put a circulating tank heater? Supposedly it's supposed to be low in the engine and all of this:
The OEM heater setup is better than external heaters in every way.
Commander Keen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #22664
Angelus911
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89967
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

What are your guys' thoughts on the Subaru Roadside assistance plus? It's $80 a year, and it seems like it applies to everyone in your household, and even if the car isn't a Subaru. Anyone have any dealings with it?

The fiance hit a pot hole yesterday and had to get a tow and a new wheel. Looking to see if this would be cost effective (or if AAA would be worth it).
Angelus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #22665
CLL_OBP
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310435
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

^Is Subaru Roadside Assistance Plus just that? Roadside assistance. AAA pricing is based on region and offer discounts for numerous things. What about getting it through you car insurance?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using NASIOC mobile app
CLL_OBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #22666
foghelmut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328414
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Jersey
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza SP 5MT
obsidian pearl black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
Why does it have to be a Subaru HU? You've certainly seen how many people on this forum have had good luck with Pioneer HUs (and other brands). All it takes is a steering wheel control unit to keep the functionality of your steering wheel buttons. You'll get better audio and user interface with aftermarket vs. OEM.
because i'm cheap and lazy, and I hate how aftermarket HU's look with their lights everywhere and shiny gimmick things all over the place.
foghelmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:59 AM   #22667
Angelus911
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89967
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLL_OBP View Post
^Is Subaru Roadside Assistance Plus just that? Roadside assistance. AAA pricing is based on region and offer discounts for numerous things. What about getting it through you car insurance?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using NASIOC mobile app
We have some sort of coverage through our insurance - we pay upfront for a tow, for example, and then they reimburse us after the fact. Looking at it now, it doesn't really appear that Subaru's roadside assistance is worth it, you can only use it max 4 times a year and the max coverage is only $100 per event.
Angelus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #22668
CalTech87
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 348055
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 5MT
ISM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghelmut View Post
because i'm cheap and lazy, and I hate how aftermarket HU's look with their lights everywhere and shiny gimmick things all over the place.
What? My single DIN Pioneer isn't flashy by any measure. I have the text set to red to match the other red lighting in the car and that's as far as it goes.
CalTech87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:02 PM   #22669
sgoldste01
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 322264
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Webster, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp 5sp
Obs Blk Prl/Drk Gray Mtl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTech87 View Post
What? My single DIN Pioneer isn't flashy by any measure. I have the text set to red to match the other red lighting in the car and that's as far as it goes.
^^This. But my Pioneer is double DIN. Still, the UI is customizable, so I made it as subdued as possible.
sgoldste01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:07 PM   #22670
CLL_OBP
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310435
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus911 View Post
We have some sort of coverage through our insurance - we pay upfront for a tow, for example, and then they reimburse us after the fact. Looking at it now, it doesn't really appear that Subaru's roadside assistance is worth it, you can only use it max 4 times a year and the max coverage is only $100 per event.
I have it with my insurance and I think it's up to $100 also, which isn't bad. The Subaru Roadside to only allow four per year doesn't sound like a good plan. The only reason I would sign up with AAA, is if i were using the discounts frequently, some up to 30%

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using NASIOC mobile app
CLL_OBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:27 PM   #22671
Thefifth
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 389497
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Keen View Post
I'm running this part with no issues. You just have to rotate the heater so the plug clears the manifold. It costs about $35.



The OEM heater setup is better than external heaters in every way.
Circulating tank heaters > everything

Much faster and actually circulates the coolant.
Thefifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #22672
dak3
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 394476
Join Date: Jun 2014
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza Spt Ltd
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Random question: Does anyone know what the diameter measurement is for the stock exhaust tip opening?
dak3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:46 PM   #22673
averagewhiteboy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 345877
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport
Ice Silver

Default

I was actually wondering that as well. I may be going back to a stock axleback, but still having the exit tube straight exit, and thus also need a tip to fill the hole in.


13 Impreza Sport GP
averagewhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:24 PM   #22674
dak3
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 394476
Join Date: Jun 2014
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza Spt Ltd
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

My reasoning for wanting the measurements is a little less cool: I bought the Perrin exhaust tip, and I thought it would be a 5-minute install. Well, either I'm less capable than I thought or they're marketing this as being able to fit our models when it's not. I tighten the clamp down as much as I possibly can and the clamp/tip still easily slides off of the exhaust pipe. Can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm planning to measure when I get home but I thought maybe someone had the measurement handy on here.
dak3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:09 AM   #22675
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
^^This. But my Pioneer is double DIN. Still, the UI is customizable, so I made it as subdued as possible.
I have a pioneer avh x4500bt and it's not flashy at all, I have my backlighting on the buttons set to red. I would definitely recommend a pioneer double din deck and you can pick up the last generation one for quite a bit cheaper. It seems pioneer doesn't really update much between each new model released.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using NASIOC mobile app

Last edited by pkL; 08-16-2014 at 03:51 AM.
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Impreza STI concept art khaki_man Member's Car Gallery 37 03-15-2011 02:02 AM
Newsflash: 2012 Impreza looks like BigElm's Butt WagonMonster Off-Topic 4 02-28-2011 07:11 PM
2012 Impreza Concept Zakster87 General Community 14 11-17-2010 04:09 PM
Possibly looking into a 2011 or 2012 Impreza? xenonk Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 1 08-05-2010 09:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.