Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack
|08-20-2014, 05:47 PM||#101|
Join Date: Jun 2005
2011 WRX Hatch
I've got several questions:
- I see these struts paired with both RCE blacks and yellow, yet those springs have different spring rates. So how is the Bilstein valved? Are there two available profiles? Or is the yellow "slightly underdamped" and the blacks "slightly overdamped"?
- what is the valve profile... is the compression stroke relatively higher than the rebound stroke?
- I'll pairing pairing these struts with King Springs for a slight lift. Any incompatibilities with this?
- how are you guys buying just top hats... don't you need the upper perch and conical washers?
- is there a difference between the black body and the yellow body strut?
- I have a 2011 WRX and -1.6 is a bit more camber than I want. (I've had wear at -1.3 with 0 toe, because I commute a lot too). Can I order the STI version of the Bilstein and use that instead since the track is the same as the 11+ WRX? What does this do for the valving profile?
I'm pretty anxious to buy these because they seem to be the best solution out available for me. I just need to get answers before pushing GO.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
|08-21-2014, 02:42 AM||#102|
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Elkridge, MarylandVehicle:
ASK ABOUT NEW RCE
SWAY BARS FOR STI
No difference between the yellow and black bodies other than color. The yellow body GTWORX/BILSTEINS came out because after waiting more than a year for production I wasn't about to send those back just to be painted black as we had asked for initially.
Most end users are using oem stock top mounts with all other oem hardware.
We have tested these with our springs that lower the car. I have no knowledge of how they would perform with raised springs.
Any other questions you can email me directly.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|GTWorx Bilsteins/RCE Yellows or Coil-overs?||Ginsubie||Brakes, Steering & Suspension||10||10-03-2013 12:29 AM|
|2011 5 door GTWorx Bilstein Cup Suspension Install help||Jaker||Brakes, Steering & Suspension||21||11-14-2011 01:47 PM|
|ATTN '08+WRX owners-2 set of GTWorx Bilsteins/RCE Yellows in stock for $1250||dalesalignment&brake||VIC Vendor Classifieds||2||09-29-2011 10:23 AM|
|2011 WRX - RCE/Bilstein Setup||zmaster||Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC||7||06-22-2011 08:39 PM|
|GTWORX\Bilstein\RCE\Whiteline goodies installed||fromario||New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC||9||05-23-2011 09:29 AM|