Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 13, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > STi Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2003, 05:39 PM   #1
kb3drfsti
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 41507
Vehicle:
2004 sti
blue

Default dccd failure update Matt seriuos!!

Dealer said the center diff along with transmission is shot,also some electronic
parts.Subaru gave me a loaner and will be
up from Jersy to verify before replacement
of parts take place.They were suppose to
be here Today,now maybe tuesday.The mechanics,service manager are 100% sure
on the diagnosis.I had to paperwork out of the car it was in the back torn apart,center
console etc,mechanic(nice guy,liked the car,felt my pain,fellow wrx owner) showed me how they k now by manuals and this electronic equipment that was on the dash with wires going to the dccd dial and to the center diff.( he said when this happens they
do not mess around any farther they tear out the whole tranny with center diff for a full
replacement.Better for me and easy for them.He said it will take 4 to 5 hours once
they verify it,and he gets the parts.This is all I can really tell you guys right now,I will try to more info after things are ordered and I can talk to this mechanic again,maybe after he fixes it and has it torn out ,He will have more about what happened and why or maybe it was just
a failure of the center diff.Matt