Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday October 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2003, 11:17 PM   #1
GTR STI
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 45209
Vehicle:
2004 STI
Black

Default Utec or other piggybacks? When available?

HEy everyone, I just got my 04 black STI. I love the car, but am in need of more Horsepower. I just came off a 03 SRT-4 that I purchased b/c they would not finance me for the STI at the time. In the 4 months I had the SRT-4 I already had an upgraded turbo wheel, AVC-r, and Custom made up-pipe with 2 additional injectors(controlled by a rebic 3). There is no doubt the SRT-4 was faster from a roll than the STI(modded SRT). The STI feels much better down low, but after about 5k rpm's the power falls off. This car is a much better overall car than the SRT-4. Everything seems to be put together much better, and the handling is AMAZING(I've also owned a modded 95 M3, but that doesn't even compare to how well this thing grips).
Anyway, back to my question... Does anyone know when the Turbo XS Utec is coming out? I've read a few posts, and it does not seem that anyone is really making that much more power wihtout ECU tuning. I would like to put in the AVC-r that was in my SRT, but seems like a waiste of time if I cannot turn up the boost. I would like to get the Turbo XS turbo back system soon, but don't want to run into problems without the prober ECU tuning.

Thanks for any help.
GTR STI is offline   Reply With Quote