Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday October 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2003, 09:56 PM   #21
ciper
Scooby Guru

Member#: 15543
Vehicle:
90BJ Legacy LS ABS
AWD 946 Rio Red Jpn built

Commmon problems:
Side seat belt has no holder, falls into door seam
Clip for lap belt rubs on center console
Seat height is different enough to cause uncomfortable driving (especially if you get non height adjust seats)

Anyways, I swapped 97 Legacy GT seats into my 90 Legacy LS keeping the 97 rails. The rails bolted fine. I had some seat belt issues so I decided to use the 90 rails with 97 seats. The 90 rails where a little shorter so I dremmeled the front and was able to bolt them to the 97 seats. I then dremmeled out two holes on the outside of each seat to connect the lap belt holder to the side. If you need specifics please ask.

I plan to take the 97 Legacy GT seats out and use 91 Legacy Turbo seats instead. The second generation Legacy seats aren't designed as well as the first generation units. Comfort is far higher with the older seats. I ESPECIALLY like that some first gens have Vertical AND Horizontal adjustable head rests

cybin: Your overly worried. You dont mind driving a vehicle with 15 gallons of extremely flamable liquid but you want to take out the HEAVILY regulated air bags that have never just deployed for no reason?
ciper is offline   Reply With Quote