Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday October 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2004, 12:51 AM   #1
crazyhorse
Scooby Guru

Member#: 19502
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza with no
scoop. =(

Cool 600cc Injectors for free

Ok.. starting a different thread here because well... The other has gotten way too long.

Here's the deal:

740cc is just toooo much for me. My power goals are around 300whp and I'm running a 16G turbo (or will be very soon rather) So... I don't wanna pay $400 for injectors.. but I don't want too much fuel so the cutting off the cap method isn't for me. What do I do?

After nhluhr talked about the hole size and drilling it out a bit bigger I figured I'd give it a shot. (Was his idea originally not mine) Kingpin (awesome vendor!) was kind enough to send me a test set of injectors. So... I had one drilled and sent to RC for testing. Basically... all I had done was to have the original holes widened.

Drill bit size: .5mm

Looks a lil rough.. kinda scared me at first.. was done by hand by a very good goldsmith friend of mine. She's practically an artist with a dremel. Anyways.... I FINALLY got the results back from RC Engineering.

What size drill bit you ask? Well... I'm not sure yet. She's on vacation at the moment. I'll find out tomorrow and let you know. As you can tell by the picture, you can't go much bigger at the risk of going into the other holes. You could drill more holes, but that's a bit tougher and I'll leave that for someone else to test out unless I can get another set. It cost me $33 with shipping to get this one injector cleaned and flow tested. I plan on sending one more to make sure they match and then these puppies are going on my car.

Last edited by crazyhorse; 02-03-2004 at 08:00 PM.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote