Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Forester Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2004, 09:21 PM   #1
wadejg
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 41649
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2004 Forester XTi
PSM

Angry Erratic FXT idle

I've got a 2004 Forester XT with 13000 miles on the odo. I just got the car back from having the rear differential replaced. I noticed that the idle seemed even rougher than before...and it was never particularly smooth. When warm, at idle, the tach will fluctuated every 5-10 seconds between 500-1000 RPM. And every once in a while it will actually stumble and go down to about 250RPM and almost stall out, with a bit of a shudder. The idle is erratic enough it will actually jangle the keys in my ignition at a stop. It does not just correspond to the AC compressor cycling.

I can't say for sure that it changed right after the rear diff was replaced but it seems like it to me...but my wife disagrees...she said it was just as bad before the service.

I'm obviously back to have it serviced...I've owned the car for 6 months and I'll already have had three days in the shop with four service trips so while I love the car I'm not enthused about Subaru reliability and can't see myself getting another one. :x I hate to think about what will happen if I start modding the car like I want to...the dealer will say everything is a mod problem.

Anybody out there with an erratic idle on a new XT?

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXT

Last edited by wadejg; 03-03-2004 at 02:00 AM.
wadejg is offline   Reply With Quote