Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-21-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
Lord_Vektra
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 16090
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
sedona red pearl

Default FS: 2002 sedona red wrx wagon $7500 87k miles

Hi, I'm thinking about trading my car in but I wanted to offer it up to you guys for roughly the trade in price first. Here is the full deal. before Christmas it had a problem with a fuel smell, I took it to a buddy to look at and he had to tear it down pretty far and in the process broke some hoses that were dry rotted, I ordered hoses from Subaru as he broke them so the process of rebuilding was very slow and took about a month and a half. when he got it running again the fuel smell was gone but it was throwing a CEL (P0442) and was making a strange whine noise at shifts so I took it to an ex Subaru shop in Columbus they said they had to reroute a couple of vacuum hoses and reset the CEL, the car ran much better but about 2 days later the CEL popped back up. I ignored it for about 2 weeks than the car started to act odd again, it ran fine until you went WOT and than it wouldn't hold boost I found that the hoses that went from the turbo to the wastegate had dry rotted so I replace those this weekend hoping it would put an end to my troubles. now it runs alright but acts a bit strange, the boost gauge will only go to .05 bar and when you let off the pedal the boost drops quicker than I remember, but the car seems to run fine (maybe a bit underpowered its been so long since I have driven it normal) and no odd noises also the CEL is still on.

The AC does not work, one day it just wouldn't blow cold anymore not sure why, it does blow and the compressor seems to work but I think its out of freon, never looked into it. when its cold out about 40-50 degrees you still smell fuel in the vents until it warms up but than there is no problem, im guessing whatever is causing this is causing the CEL.

now for some of the better things about the car

I have not babied this car but it has not been mistreated either, I have owned it for 4 years and never had a problem till now. the body is in pretty good shape with a few small dents and scrapes but nothing major, The transmission has never given me any problems as 02s are known to have and the engine is completely stock.windows are 20% tint all around and a sedan rear sway bar and a rear strut tower bar, I put in a cartboy short shifter and the hardened shifter bushing and now it shifts like a dream compared to stock. also I have a full turboback exhaust and up-pipe I never installed and 4 gunmetal rota tarmac II wheels (no tires) that are used but I have never had them on my car I also have center caps and touch-up pant all of which I will I will throw in for the price.

I know many will look at this and turn away but I really want a chance to give this car to someone who will treat it right and knows how to work on it (unlike anyone I have found in Columbus) I'm sure it would not require a lot to make it right but im tired of fighting with it and have my eyes on a 350z. the other option is to just trade it in and im sure they will just fix it a bit and sell it for way too much. just e-mail me at [email protected] if your interested I will tell you anything you need to know about the car, I want to make sure if someone buys it they get the full disclosure.
Lord_Vektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links