Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
OBS-STI
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 301901
Default 97 Impreza Outback sport STI

Hey everyone! So here's my baby. Its by far from perfect i know but it really is a one of a kind head turner neck breaker. It could use some work depending on what you want it for but is fully functional/drivable as it is.
Here's the parts/mod list!
If you have any questions please PM me.
This car is not smog legal but I do have a friend of a friend of a friend who can smog it and I may get that done before sale. It's just a bit pricey and I'm really low on funds.

I have a 97 subaru impreza outback sport with a jdm Sti ej20g swap. (90xxx miles on motor and 230xxx miles on chassis) registered till October 2013. jdm sti 5 speed transmission with type RA 4.11 final drive making gearing short and perfect for autox and hill climb. (90xxx miles) with stage 3, 6 puck ceramic sprung race clutch (3000 miles). 02 2.5rs front disk conversion, (should be resurfaced soon. Brakes work amazing just shutters a little when stopping). 00 legacy gt rear disk conversion, raceland coil overs with jic magic camber plates, Front 26mm cusco sway bar with wrx end links. 17x9+28 drag DR31 wheels (painted yellow) with 235/45/17 Maxxis tires(55% tread) godspeed front mount intercooler.
SARD short ram intake with fan blade inserts to twist the air for better A/F mixture and improves turbo spool up. full invidia n1 turbo back exhaust, (all stainless and non divorced downpipe) walbro 255lph fuel pump, 02 2.5RS front seats(like wrx seats but slightly smaller so they hold you snug. Driver seat has rip on it. Just needs to be sewed) COBB adjustable short shifter. Custom 1 foot long cabon fiber shifter with protaper grip on it. 04 STI dash swap. 05 WRX cluster swap (mostly to convert speed from km/h to mph!!) ATI triple Gauge pod. Maddad Fuel pressure Gauge, Maddad boost gauge(need maddad wiring harness. $15) off brand vac/boost gauge. 4pt Harness's. NRG carbon quick release hub with 330mm deep dish race wheel. ebay Shift light. CHARGESPEED fiberglass hood. (Very rare!!) manual boost controller(set at 17.5 psi). battery, fuse box relocation. (shaved engine bay) 07 sti Coil pack conversion(rob conversion) 440cc ROB TUNE. No dyno results but should be making close to 300awhp.
I know I'm missing stuff and will update when I remember.

The car was originally green. I had it painted about 7 months ago. The paint is good but could use a good cut and buff. Front bumper has a good amount of rock chips.

EXTRA PARTS!!! Oem wrx wheels without tires, Mannslayers gc8 rear diffuser/bumper. Extra gauge clusters. Oil filter relocation kit Wrx sway bar. Extra hood side vents. Power steering pump with cooler, Manual boost controller, Front turn signals, Axles, Hubs, Brakes, Ski rack, Roof duffle bag, Kenwood amp, Fender flares, Welded diff. Also willing to part the extras out but would like everything gone at the same time.

CONS; front crank oil seal is starting to leak. Have a new one coming in. easy fix and will hopefully be fixed before I sell. Leaks a little onto headers and smokes a little. Theres also no power steering. It was taken off because it leaked and for cleaner engine bay/weight reduction. I still have everything to put it back on. The clutch pilot bearing is going out. Transmission mount is worn out from the aggressive chatter clutch. Reverse sometimes pops out when backing up. There's no a/c. Turn signals were removed. Was going to connect them to a toggle switch but never did since my commute is 3 miles and I only turn once.

This car has been my daily driver now for about 2.5 years. its a great daily driver/weekend warrior. it gets about 24 hwy and 20 city.(not the best for a 2.0 but you can't expect great gas milage at 7500 feet above sea level with this much power).
I'm not in a rush to get rid of it and not sure if I want to yet. I will continue to drive it and work on it so the longer I have it the higher the price will go.

Make a reasonable offer!
I've spent a lot of money on this and more time building it than driving it.
I'd like to get somewhere around 6800 for it as it sits and 7500 if smogged and after replacing seal. but will consider a reasonable offer.

I'm open to lots of trades like;
All subies.
Toyota or jeep rock crawler
E36 m3
E31
Cummins
Super moto/duel sport bike
Snowmobile
List goes on!
If you have something interesting don't hesitate to offer. Worst I can say is no.

Okay well thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers!

PS. Photos will be available soon
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread