Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-19-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
Steve Lipsky
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 164672
Default 79 Brat NO SPARK

Looking for help. I have a 79 Brat with no spark started fine been running great lately. Drove 500 feet and car died. Towed it home and determined there is no spark. I took off the cap and inspected it, the rotor turns, I believe there are no points in the distributor. There seems to be just a pick up with two wires orange and blue but tracing these back to transistor ignition box and relay box over the coil starts to become confusing for me. I know fuel is delivered to carb, no output from coil have power at the coil using test light but, I am blowing the 15A fuse for the IGFUEL. I am not familiar with the wiring diagram and would appreciate any help. I know blowing the fuse points to a short but where. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Steve Lipsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2007, 10:09 AM   #2
Calamity Jesus
Scooby Guru

Member#: 44501
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
that 's, like, your
alternate facts, man.

Oye! Be sure to post over on http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/ That's the old school Subaru forum. Most info here would be useless to you.

Be sure to check that your fuel pump relay isn't burning up due to a dying pump. I've had old cars that will cut spark if the fuel pump relay isn't working properly.

But, it sounds like a bad coil to me. A new one should be fairly cheap at an auto parts store... I wouldn't think that you'd need a specific one... should be generic.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote