Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-07-2002, 06:30 PM   #1
EklEktEk79
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 15532
Default waxing, the car that is

If someone can give me an insight on this, Bringing my car in moday to pull a dent that some moron SUV driver felt like giving me(hit my car then proceded to PUSH a bigger dent, front driver fender) I just washed my car, it has ZERO wax on it(I can see all the paint swirls and I have never really given it a hand wax) Any reason I shouldnt wax my car right now before bringing it in? Any autobody opinions? Will waxing the car throw off their color matching? I'm using Mothers cleaner caranuaba on midnight black if that matters. later kanes
EklEktEk79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2002, 06:37 PM   #2
SonicYellowWRX

Member#: 23351
Vehicle:
Pika Chu!
TEAM DARRIIFFFTAA

if they are going to paint it, then dont bother waxing it. they should wax and detail the car after the work is all done.
SonicYellowWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 07:45 PM   #3
EklEktEk79
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 15532

Sorry maybe I wasnt clear in the first post, the whole car needs a wax. Would it be better if I waxed everything but the fender so they have a real world finish\look to match it to OR would the finish without the wax be better to match it up to.
EklEktEk79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 08:00 PM   #4
SonicYellowWRX

Member#: 23351
Vehicle:
Pika Chu!
TEAM DARRIIFFFTAA

well im not sure, but if you think about it... do you want the paint colormatched to the stock paint that is waxed and shiney or do you want it to match your car? If they are a good shop, I am sure they will strip wax off the car before they do a color match.
SonicYellowWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 08:06 PM   #5
silvercharged
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 19295

Don't bother waxing it.....They'll have to remove the wax anyway, cause it'll contaminate any fresh paint that's applied (fisheyes). Most good body shops now have access to a scanner type tool that'll help them match and blend the paint exactly on that particular part of your car....
silvercharged is offline   Reply With Quote