Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2003, 04:03 AM   #1
kerz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 26672
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
Black

Question Speaker/Stereo Questions [STi]

Howdy all, I've been driving my new STi for a few weeks now, and I think I'm ready to put together the stereo for it. I'm looking at Infinity for all the speakers with Reference 5000cs Refs for the fronts, and Reference 5002i Refs for the rear. I've been trying to take in as much info from these and other forums, and talked to a few friends as well as folks a few local large chains, and these seem like the best bet, especially for the price offered. Anyone have any input on these?

Along with that, I'm also trying to figure out if my current head unit, a Pioneer DEH-P6000, can drive them out of the box, or if I'll need to get additional hardware to make them work properly. Anyone have this HU, and use it with speakers like this, or have these speakers and know what kind of power they need to sound good?

Finally, after reading what seems like a hundred threads on speaker installs, I'm pretty nervous to do it myself. The most I've done is install a HU in my old Golf, so I'm a bit green. I have taken the door trim apart on my STi already (also managed to break the trim surrounding the door handle, oops ), as well as the entire center console, so the only thing that really scares me is if the wiring is overly complicated, or if I need to make spacers or anything to install the speakers. Has anyone had experience installing these speakers, and can you speak on the difficulties, if any, you encountered with them? Thanks for any help you folks can provide!

kerz

Last edited by kerz; 09-15-2003 at 02:02 PM.
kerz is offline   Reply With Quote